Mad & J

February 2015 filers - Texas Service Center

819 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My case was approved finally on October 5th! NOA1 was 2/17.

I did have an RFE.

Would someone tell me about NVC? Will they notify me for case #?

Thanks a lot

04 February 2015 - I-129F SENT TO DALLAS LOCKBOX (First class mail)

17 February 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1 (ELECTRONIC) --> ROUTED TO TEXAS SERVICE CENTER.

23 February 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1 (HARDCOPY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My case was approved October 5th. NOA1 was 2/17.

I did have an RFE.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

04 February 2015 - I-129F SENT TO DALLAS LOCKBOX (First class mail)

17 February 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1 (ELECTRONIC) --> ROUTED TO TEXAS SERVICE CENTER.

23 February 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1 (HARDCOPY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My case was approved finally on October 5th! NOA1 was 2/17.

I did have an RFE.

Would someone tell me about NVC? Will they notify me for case #?

Thanks a lot

Youneed to call NVC for your case number, and be prepared to try many times before getting through.

My case was approved on September 9th, shipped to NVC on the 14th, confirmed received by them on the 19th, and case number was provided the 23rd.

When calling NVC, you'll hear a recording saying they're too busy and to try later. Hang up and keep trying until you actually hear a ring.

Since it was approved yesterday, give it a few days before you start calling NVC. Wait until USCIS status says shipped and then give it a week and a half or so before you start calling them.

Congrats on the approval and be patient!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My NOA1 was end of January. On September 30 I got notice of RFE. On Oct 5 the RFE finally came in the mail. They literally asked for every single document I already sent (properly organized, translated, etc.) in January. Did they literally not even LOOK at my application? This is heartbreaking. Going on 8+ months and still no NOA2. The worst part is there is no one to complain to. What they are doing to my case is criminal. They didn't even look at my application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another March 9 petitioner here. Joined the site today trying to get more info on the delay. From what i'm reading, this is not what i wanted to hear. I was hoping to have her here before Christmas. Why doesn't TSC share some of the workload with CSC or VSC. Can they do that ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another March 9 petitioner here. Joined the site today trying to get more info on the delay. From what i'm reading, this is not what i wanted to hear. I was hoping to have her here before Christmas. Why doesn't TSC share some of the workload with CSC or VSC. Can they do that ?

They did share their workload with CSC from what I understand. Majority of people who filed in April to August got automatically sent to CSC. Luck us got stuck at the end of their backlog. :(

K1 VISA

02.25.2015 - NOA1
04.08.2015 - Address Change
09.08.2015 - Case Assigned to an Officer

10.16.2015 - Official case status inquiry submitted by a tier 2 officer over the phone

10.20.2015 - NOA2 (F)

10.30.2015 - Case was sent to the Department of State

11.06. 2015 - Case was received by NVC

11.10.2015 - Case was sent to the Embassy in Vancouver (I called NVC)

11.16.2015 - Case was received by the Embassy in Vancouver

01.12.2016 - Interview (APPROVED)

01.18.2016 - Visa received

01.21.2016 - POE
03.25.2016 - MARRIAGE (L)

AOS

04.22.2016 - NOA1

07.11.2016 - Employment / AP Card Approval

08.22.2016 - Returned to USA using AP with no issues (5 days in Canada)

09.23.2016 - Green Card has been approved!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I too filed on February 25, received the NOA1 on March 2 and have yet to hear anything. I called to inquire about it, and they said it's still within processing times. The site shows they're processing January 19th, but that was of July 31st. They've yet to update it. The agent on the phone was very friendly and said that they have 37 days to give me an answer. If not I can then file an inquiry.

I don't believe there's anything that would hold up the approval. Everything was sent, and we had ample proof.

This is becoming so difficult. I just returned Monday from a 2-week visit with my fiancée. We had hoped we'd be further along in the process, but we're at a stand still. It's heart-breaking to see so many who have filed after I did already have their interviews!

We are trying to stay positive, but it's almost like our lives are on hold. If only we had gone through the California Service Center!!!

I too filed on February 25, received the NOA1 on March 2 and have yet to hear anything. I called to inquire about it, and they said it's still within processing times. The site shows they're processing January 19th, but that was of July 31st. They've yet to update it. The agent on the phone was very friendly and said that they have 37 days to give me an answer. If not I can then file an inquiry.

My fiance called them recently too, they told us they couldn't do anything until in three weeks...where do they get those random amounts of time from? 37 days, did he tell why that exact number? :huh:

Timeline

The USCIS told us one month ago that if we don't hear anything by October 1st we can file an inquiry. They told that to My Fiance Senator too. The senator is apparently talking to them, but it's been a week now since we've heard from them. I know if we call about our case they are just going to give us the Janurary 19th Bull ...

p.s
On the bottom of that page is says updated September 22. They take 3 months to update their site one month.... IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS! I just wanna go home.

K1 VISA

02.25.2015 - NOA1

10.16.2015 - Official case status inquiry submitted by a tier 2 officer over the phone

10.20.2015 - NOA2 (F)

01.21.2016 - POE

AOS

04.22.2016 - NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

WE ARE FINALLY APPROVED!!! :luv:
If you are not approved yet, give them a call. They might be able to put in a request for an official request for a status update (?). Took them 3 business days for us to get approval from them. <3

K1 VISA

02.25.2015 - NOA1

10.20.2015 - NOA2 (F)

01.21.2016 - POE

AOS

04.22.2016 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WE ARE FINALLY APPROVED!!! :luv:

If you are not approved yet, give them a call. They might be able to put in a request for an official request for a status update (?). Took them 3 business days for us to get approval from them. <3

Congratulations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats on all the recent approvals!!!!!!

Waiting for the NOA2 was the most frustrating moment is this entire process, but once I received it everything happened extremely quickly. I got my NOA2 on September 9, had my interview and approval on October 16 and my visa was issued yesterday (October 20). Planning to head to the states before Christmas :)

For those of you still waiting, hang in there. It's gets much easier and rewarding after the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am still waiting.... NOA1 is Feb 27

I attempted an expedite in June, got my congressman involved in August, and have called personally various times....

Nothing yet and it's getting more and more depressing as the days and weeks pass.

To make it all worse, we are expecting a baby girl in early February and are very worried he'll miss the birth!
What else can I do?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.