Mad & J

February 2015 filers - Texas Service Center

819 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It has been 268 days for me and still no update of course the chart was updated through January 19th and I'm a January 20th filer. This is so frustrating. Does the process quicken after the approval?

Sorry that you are still waiting. I can imagine that it is hard...this being our 2nd petition...I didn't want to wait at all. We were approved on the 31st of August. Our case was sent to NVC on the 2nd of Sept. We got our NVC case number on yesterday 14th of Sept. (I called everyday 4-5 times...I spoke with them 2 hours before getting a CN and they didn't have a case number for me) today our case status on CEAC changed from At NVC to In Transit in a matter of 5 minutes. Literally I check 5 minutes before and it still said at NVC. It's moving at a steady pace. I pray that it happens for you because you shouldn't have to wait so long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Have you tried contacting your senators and congressmen? I don't really know if it helps, but I think that it is worth trying everything. It should be faster after the NOA2, however, it depends on the country that the embassy is in.

Good luck!

It has been 268 days for me and still no update of course the chart was updated through January 19th and I'm a January 20th filer. This is so frustrating. Does the process quicken after the approval?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Question:

When the status says "we transferred your case to the Department of State for visa processing" does it mean it has left NVC and is headed to Embassy? If so, does anyone know if the beneficiary receives the email from DOS to schedule appointment, or if the beneficiary receives it?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Sorry that you are still waiting. I can imagine that it is hard...this being our 2nd petition...I didn't want to wait at all. We were approved on the 31st of August. Our case was sent to NVC on the 2nd of Sept. We got our NVC case number on yesterday 14th of Sept. (I called everyday 4-5 times...I spoke with them 2 hours before getting a CN and they didn't have a case number for me) today our case status on CEAC changed from At NVC to In Transit in a matter of 5 minutes. Literally I check 5 minutes before and it still said at NVC. It's moving at a steady pace. I pray that it happens for you because you shouldn't have to wait so long.

Wow! Our NOA2 is the same date, 8/31. Mine is still sitting at TSC and hasn't been sent to NVC yet. 2 weeks and 1 day and still there. TSC strikes again!

I'm happy yours is moving quickly. At least some good news coming out of TSC

Timeline

Question:

When the status says "we transferred your case to the Department of State for visa processing" does it mean it has left NVC and is headed to Embassy? If so, does anyone know if the beneficiary receives the email from DOS to schedule appointment, or if the beneficiary receives it?

Thanks!

That mean it is being sent to NVC. NVC will give you a case number and then send it to the respective embassy.

Wow! Our NOA2 is the same date, 8/31. Mine is still sitting at TSC and hasn't been sent to NVC yet. 2 weeks and 1 day and still there. TSC strikes again!

I'm happy yours is moving quickly. At least some good news coming out of TSC

Your will be sent soon. I can't figure out for the life of me why they just hold on to stuff. They are complicated.?

Timeline

That mean it is being sent to NVC. NVC will give you a case number and then send it to the respective embassy.

Your will be sent soon. I can't figure out for the life of me why they just hold on to stuff. They are complicated.

Thanks!

Regarding the NVC number, does NVC send you a letter with this number once packet is processed and sent to Embassy, or is calling NVC the only way to obtain this number? I ask because it seems impossible to get through to NVC via phone!

Also, do you know who gets email from Embassy to schedule appointment - petitioner or beneficiary?

Timeline

Thanks!

Regarding the NVC number, does NVC send you a letter with this number once packet is processed and sent to Embassy, or is calling NVC the only way to obtain this number? I ask because it seems impossible to get through to NVC via phone!

Also, do you know who gets email from Embassy to schedule appointment - petitioner or beneficiary?

From what I have read, if you wait for NVC to send the letter the case would be sitting at the embassy ready for a while. Some say you get it real late. My 1st petition...I never received a letter from NVC. OAN: I had to keep calling NVC until I got through everytime. It may be 15 time or 100+ times before I get through and I have had to call a lot of times. Just keep redialing until you hear a ring. If the voice comes on without a ring. It's likely it's telling you to call back. If you get a ring...you've gotten through. At least that's how it works on my cell. My fiancé got packet 3 the last time so I'm assuming it will be the same way. He was given instruction on what to do next. They will contact the beneficiary from here on out. Edited by HislittleSecret

Timeline

From what I have read, if you wait for NVC to send the letter the case would be sitting at the embassy ready for a while. Some say you get it real late. My 1st petition...I never received a letter from NVC. OAN: I had to keep calling NVC until I got through everytime. It may be 15 time or 100+ times before I get through and I have had to call a lot of times. Just keep redialing until you hear a ring. If the voice comes on without a ring. It's likely it's telling you to call back. If you get a ring...you've gotten through. At least that's how it works on my cell. My fiancé got packet 3 the last time so I'm assuming it will be the same way. He was given instruction on what to do next. They will contact the beneficiary from here on out.

Thanks for all of the advice - very helpful!

I will continue dialing NVC until I get through.

ATB.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello, my case was sent to NVC the 3Dr or 4th. I called them today and they received my case today. The nice lady told me to call back this Thursday to update my address and get a case number. I called them two e today and was on a 5 min hold the most. Their was no waiting or issues. I will call them back this Thursday..oh I cAlled them around 2 pm EST time.

Timeline

Good riddance TSC. Thank you for finally sending my case to NVC today. You sure won't be missed.

TSC liked you and your fiances story so much they couldn't let it go...that's why I made my fiancé and I story boring!!! Congrats on leaving the hell hole!!!? good luck on the rest of your journey!!

I tracked our case through DHL and it will arrive at the embassy tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

TSC liked you and your fiances story so much they couldn't let it go...that's why I made my fiancé and I story boring!!! Congrats on leaving the hell hole!!!? good luck on the rest of your journey!!

Hahaha, I didn't think of it that way

Thanks, and best of luck to you and your fiancee. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out for you two

Question - How did you get the DHL tracking number?

Timeline

TSC liked you and your fiances story so much they couldn't let it go...that's why I made my fiancé and I story boring!!! Congrats on leaving the hell hole!!! good luck on the rest of your journey!!

Question:

Does the status change on USCIS once NVC mails it to embassy, or is "file sent to DS" last update I will see via USCIS status check? Also, how long did it take for NVC to receive your file? I spoke to them today (after trying to get through 30x!) and they haven't received. It was mailed 4 days ago... silly me to think it takes less than 4 days for a package to travel cross country....

Thanks!

Timeline

We were notified on the 2nd that our case was being sent to the NVC. I was told on the 9th that they received it on the 7th but it hadnt been put in the system. I called everyday since the 5th all the way up until the 14th and it was finally in the system. I was told them that they received it that day. Smh The next day it was In Transit to the embassy and it arrived this morning 4 am central time.

Timeline

So I called NVC today to verify receipt of NOA2 and obtain case number, and they informed me "case is very new, it can take up to 42 days for our system to be updated with that information"

Is this normal????? Are they trained to say this, or is something funny going on with my case? I understand they received my case exactly today, September 21, so it may not be in the system yet.

Just looking for thoughts here?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.