simple_male

Need Information about Cheap Phone Card/Calling Card

10 posts in this topic

Dear Everyone:

I am looking for some cheap calling card/phone card which can also document which numbers are called into the overseas. Do you know about any?

Embassy people do want to see the phone records and the calling card that I use now does not save the overseas numbers. Calling from home phone to overseas are much more expensive than calling cards. I am wondering how you are dealing with this dilemma. Thank you.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have been using www.tel3advantage.com. They have a great page for printing call history and you get pin free dialing from the phones you register. It may be 1 or 2 cents more than the cheapest calling cards but you will have a record of all calls. You can also set up automatic recharge of your account and speed dialing.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I have been using www.tel3advantage.com. They have a great page for printing call history and you get pin free dialing from the phones you register. It may be 1 or 2 cents more than the cheapest calling cards but you will have a record of all calls. You can also set up automatic recharge of your account and speed dialing.

I have used Tel3 but prefer www.wqn.com. More reliable service, and their customer service help desk is in Texas, not overseas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After trying many different companies, I found that IDT GlobalCall was the cheapest for calls from the US to Jamaica. It costs 10 cents a minute and offers the call history and other account information that would help with your recordkeeping. They also have some another international calling service listed on their website but but I'm not familiar with it.

Their website is: http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/gc/

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Dear Everyone:

I am looking for some cheap calling card/phone card which can also document which numbers are called into the overseas. Do you know about any?

Embassy people do want to see the phone records and the calling card that I use now does not save the overseas numbers. Calling from home phone to overseas are much more expensive than calling cards. I am wondering how you are dealing with this dilemma. Thank you.

I didnt show him phone history of the phone cards, I just yanked out about 150 phone cards out of a sack and he was impressed with that and then I pulled out the bills for the VOIP service I set up at her house.

Let me explain the VOIP thing. I had to get my wife a DSL line for about 50USD/month. The Voice-Over-Internet-Protocol(VOIP) costed me $25 a month (unlimited time). She had an Illinois phone # in the Philippines!!!! I could call her anytime with my cell phone or home phone and she can call me wherever I was at.

What you would have to do is set up service with a company such as www.lingo.com, www.vonage.com (I have Lingo) and bring the VOIP to your signifigant others home and hook it up to her Broadband service. And I do suggest getting a Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) just in case your spouses country has a bad power grid such as the Phillipines. Simple as that, and on top of everything, Lingo will let your spouse call all of Canada, USA, and Western Europe (as so long as not a Cell phone) for no additional charge.

Im not getting payed to advertise, just thought I would help out.

And yah, while she was not home I used phone cards, you know the ones from the corner gas station.

• 4 years later...

We use http://www.maxfrag.net/ cheap and sounds excellent and it saves your connect times and want not just use your real names etc and it shows every time u two connect for how long very very detailed pry to detailed lol. Shows your IP addresses name everything. Use the GSM 6.10 44khz 16 bit codec and you could hear a pin drop. Will warn you though this codec is bandwidth intensive so if your using dial-up it pretty much wont work u need a dsl connection or equivalent but once u have your server up and running which is quick and easy you can adjust the codec for bandwidth needs and choose middle ground server locations etc but anything under the one i listed quality degrades.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

We use http://www.maxfrag.net/ cheap and sounds excellent and it saves your connect times and want not just use your real names etc and it shows every time u two connect for how long very very detailed pry to detailed lol. Shows your IP addresses name everything. Use the GSM 6.10 44khz 16 bit codec and you could hear a pin drop. Will warn you though this codec is bandwidth intensive so if your using dial-up it pretty much wont work u need a dsl connection or equivalent but once u have your server up and running which is quick and easy you can adjust the codec for bandwidth needs and choose middle ground server locations etc but anything under the one i listed quality degrades.

If you have access to a computer skype is a very good way to keep track of all your phone calls, google talk is good too but the reliability of their connection is sometimes a little sketchy, but its cheap.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVM - this is an OLD post.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.