Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2015

1,146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone know about supervisor reviews? I wonder how long that will take :clock: they say 42 days. Rep said maybe within a week but can take up to 42 days.. hoping for a miracle.. been here too long

I got a checklist this week for my husbands birth certificate-I had included the original received at the registry and a photocopy at the end of all the documents. How they managed to lose both of these but nothing else I will never understand. I called and the rep told me she would put in for a supervisor review and that it was 42 days-I tried to get more info but she stuck to 42 days. I too am hoping someone can give us some hope that it will take less time? I sent in a copy of the document anyway in case they do not find it.

Congrats to all with CC's and best of luck to all of us still waiting! I feel especially terrible for those I have read that got 2 checklists-that is just too much to handle.

I got a checklist this week for my husbands birth certificate-I had included the original received at the registry and a photocopy at the end of all the documents. How they managed to lose both of these but nothing else I will never understand. I called and the rep told me she would put in for a supervisor review and that it was 42 days-I tried to get more info but she stuck to 42 days. I too am hoping someone can give us some hope that it will take less time? I sent in a copy of the document anyway in case they do not find it.

Congrats to all with CC's and best of luck to all of us still waiting! I feel especially terrible for those I have read that got 2 checklists-that is just too much to handle.

This is my second checklist thanks to NVC! They are requesting forms we already sent them from the beggining.. they want another original i864 ( we sent first time for my sponsor husband) the first checklist they wanted i864A for my Sponsors Husband and now they want the original i864 we sent in october :mad: are these people anymore confused or what!? They have everything! Lol

Sorry they lost your documents, it's quite common.

At least you know hopefully they won't give you any trouble for AOS.

Good question, anyone know how much time are supervisor reviews taking these days?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is my second checklist thanks to NVC! They are requesting forms we already sent them from the beggining.. they want another original i864 ( we sent first time for my sponsor husband) the first checklist they wanted i864A for my Sponsors Husband and now they want the original i864 we sent in october :mad: are these people anymore confused or what!? They have everything! Lol

Oh no I am so sorry. What a nightmare-how can they even do that! Too bad our files don't go to a specific case manager that we could then communicate with and trouble shoot if necessary. I just imagine our files being passed around and papers flying everywhere-nooooooo!

Sorry they lost your documents, it's quite common.

At least you know hopefully they won't give you any trouble for AOS.

Good question, anyone know how much time are supervisor reviews taking these days?

Yes, to be positive I also thought that-at least everything else was ok? A BC copy seems to be a simple fix. But I am terrified that the problem is actually something else that they will notify me of in 60 days, or that they will lose something else in the meantime!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today everything was finally posted as "paid" & I was able to begin my IV application :) exciting, yes... But already I am so frustrated! I have only estimated dates of previous entries into the US & in one part of the application it asks if you have ever been denied entry (which I have) & I'm not even sure the exact date of that... I know it was in June & I was able to cross the next day without troubles but I'm wondering if this is going to cause any issues? Also wondering if being unemployed is going to look bad on the application?

It's fine, not all beneficiaries get an A number assigned at USCIS. You'll get yours assigned after an approved interview and it'll appear on your visa (and then on your green card after you do POE).

Hi Saylin

We left my Alien number blank on the AOS form since I don't have one? Is this ok? Welcome response from anyone.

My husband the beneficiary didnt get an A number either.. everything is fine :)

Hey did you leave the A number blank on your form?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi Saylin

We left my Alien number blank on the AOS form since I don't have one? Is this ok? Welcome response from anyone.

Hey did you leave the A number blank on your form?

I put NA and I think pretty much everyone did . But more responses will come

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: Timeline

I call at 6:59 am US time , they answer in 4 minute or less ?

Confirm its case complete as of today feb 13 . A very nice lady told me that and told me i have a great news for you , the case is complete

Al hamdo lilah (thanx god)

Thank you every one here ?

Edited by anya2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I call at 6:59 am US time , they answer in 4 minute or less ?

Confirm its case complete as of today feb 13 . A very nice lady told me that and told me i have a great news for you , the case is complete

Al hamdo lilah (thanx god)

Thank you every one here ?

Congratulations anya2013. I'm happy to hear about CCs, we are also waiting patiently to see 3N/As

Received email from NVC that they received the packages on Feb 10. So Feb 10 is my scan date? ?

Ritbiv, how did you send the packages?

We´ve got a checklist and sent the corrected document on Feb. 7th via USPS Priority (unfortunately) and according to the rep at NVC today they haven´t received it yet :-(

- I am the beneficiary -

ROC: 05/01/2017 - 08/11/2018 = 468 days
CR1: 04/22/2014 - 06/25/2015 = 430 days

Spoiler

USCIS

04/22/2014 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
10/06/2014 I-130 NOA2 - after 167 days

NVC

10/17/2014 sent to NVC
11/05/2014 NVC reiceived
12/04/2014 case # assigned (after 29 days)
12/04/2014 DS-261 submitted
12/05/2014 NVC welcome letter received
12/05/2014 AOS bill received and paid
12/05/2014 AOS and IV packages sent
12/09/2014 AOS and IV package scanned = SCAN-DATE
12/23/2014 IV bill received and paid
12/30/2014 DS-260 submitted
02/05/2015 Checklist 58th day 😞
02/13/2015 AOS Checklist SCAN-DATE
03/25/2015 CASE COMPLETE (40th day)
05/27/2015 Interview - approved
06/01/2015 CEAC status - "Issued"

06/04/2015 Visa received
06/25/2015 POE MCO - Orlando, Florida
08/27/2015 GC in mail

ROC
05/01/2017 I-751 sent (CSC), delivered 05/03/2017
05/11/2017 cash checked
05/13/17 NOA arrived, dated 05/03/17
06/05/17 biometrics letter arrived
06/15/17 biometrics appointment
08/14/18 Approved / Card will be produced and mailed
08/21/18 GC in mailbox DONE!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.