Khan13

Called USCIS office and they told we are still working on the application recived in May 14

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

we submitted our I 129f on 26 June 14 at Texas centre.

It's more than 6 months and yesterday my fiancé called uscis helpline to check why it is taking so long, as it is really difficult to stay away with each other. When she called they told her Texas center is really very busy and we are still working on the applications received in May 14. You will have to wait more than 1 month now and if still you don't recieve any letter then contact us after one month. We are shocked, while other people submitted their application at the same time have received NOA2 already . We are confused what's going, last month They said your result is expected in the first week of jan. as it was Xmas holidays and now they are saying they are dealing may 14's applications . Any one got idea what's happening? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They are extremely far behind, but the good news is that with your NOA2 date of June 26, your turn should come very soon.

The cutoff date is May 6, not May 14. If your NOA1 date is more recent than May 6, then they will try to not give you any information on your case or submit any inquiries on your behalf. And nobody who you talked to could have known that your approval would come one month later, so that person either didn't know what they were talking about or just wanted to say anything to get you off the phone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

That's their story and they're sticking to it. It's fairly clear though from igors list that they're actually working on late June/early July.

They are extremely far behind, but the good news is that with your NOA2 date of June 26, your turn should come very soon.

The cutoff date is May 6, not May 14. If your NOA1 date is more recent than May 6, then they will try to not give you any information on your case or submit any inquiries on your behalf. And nobody who you talked to could have known that your approval would come one month later, so that person either didn't know what they were talking about or just wanted to say anything to get you off the phone.

I think they meant May 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks all. I am wondering why are they Changing their statements, before Xmas they said , your case was assigned to case worker in October and normally case worker takes 30-45days and so it was due by the 1st Jan 2015, but due to Xmas n new year hoplidays you ca estimate one week extra and now they are saying they are dealing may 2014.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks all. I am wondering why are they Changing their statements, before Xmas they said , your case was assigned to case worker in October and normally case worker takes 30-45days and so it was due by the 1st Jan 2015, but due to Xmas n new year hoplidays you ca estimate one week extra and now they are saying they are dealing may 2014.

From the June and July filers' threads, it is clear that they are processing those months at this time. The May 6th date was as at October 31st, yet they are still quoting it as 'current' because they updated their site with the October stats in December. Why in the world they cannot post an up to date processing date when everything is electronically scanned is beyond me. This whole system really beggars belief.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

From the June and July filers' threads, it is clear that they are processing those months at this time. The May 6th date was as at October 31st, yet they are still quoting it as 'current' because they updated their site with the October stats in December. Why in the world they cannot post an up to date processing date when everything is electronically scanned is beyond me. This whole system really beggars belief.

Oh, I don't think it is because they cannot, I think it is because they don't by choice. The less info they provide, the easier it is to BS. That website allows the Tier 1 drones to spout off that May date, and say, "hey, I'm sorry, but that's all I can tell you." If the website were more accurate, then I'm sure the Tier 1 people would have to deal with more aggressive applicants (empowered by information). I wish I was saying that at least a little in jest, but I really have come to believe that after receiving all kinds of false statements the past couple months.

Thank god for this forum. Honestly, if it weren't for this, I would be even more stressed out and wondering ####### was going on with my application. It would also be so much harder calling out USCIS on its BS.

I used to dread calling those drones, but now? Ha, I get a little thrill being able to tell them they're full of s--t, although obviously that little moment is just a pebble of positive in a rock pile of negative right now. All about the small victories in life right?

Excuse the digression... But yes, the way they do this really blows my mind. It's freaking 2015, not 1995.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That Pakistani flag under your ID is probably part of why it is taking so long. When we filed I watched the same thing happen to other people. People from certain countries get to jump through more hoops (even if USCIS doesn't admit it).

NOA 2. Really?

TSC is slow but take a look at my timeline it's accurate . Even with RFE now that I look back it was ok of a wait now we're doing a medical next is interview its nerve wrecking ,patience lotssss of need it and then for a consular to decide in the matter of 15min you're faith ughhhh am so nervous I wish you all the best all of you and pray for my fiance to pass ( all papers are good and we have evidence ) but still anxiety nervousness is there .at the end . It's worth the wait I love him and there's always a cr1 if this doesn't work ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a section of this messaging board called Igor's list, which is a compilation of processing times for other VJ members. While the time it took for other VJ members to get their NOA2 is not necessarily the amount of time it will take for yours, it gives you some reaonsable idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi ,

Thanks All, I am really glad to tell you that I got my case approved. Today we received NOA2 . Really happy can't wait to see my love ..

Congratulations! Please update your timeline so that others can benefit the same way you have benefited from the information in this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.