YamenWaad

Almost 170 days ... no sign at all

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys

it's so hard and frustrating to be close to 170 days without any sign, the last month was the worse because we were expecting the approval any minute and most people around us got approved except us.

I used to vent to my fiancee and thanks God she was so patient with me, but recently we started to lose control, our calls are silent or full of tears most of the time, she sent something to the congressman lately but it seems it's been in vain. she's tried to call USCIS and asked to be transferred to tier 2 but always it's been the same IN VAIN.

on thanksgiving we will accomplish 171 days of waiting.

it is hard, it is killing me to stay away from her and all the time via FaceTime I was asking just to touch her face but I'm not allowed yet, she's 5600 miles away. it's unfair to keep us apart all this time because of the stupid routine. I miss her so much.

I love you Waad and waiting for you by the minute.

oh God please help us.

Sorry to hear that. Be strong. You both are almost there.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Is she able to visit you at all, or could you two meet somewhere in a different country in the meantime? I am so sorry to hear it is taking so long for you but try to keep your love for each other in mind and reach out to each other to overcome the silences! Although ours has been processed quickly, we have suffered the pain of long distance prior to applying so I do sympathise. You WILL be together eventually and this will be worth it. I will keep you in my thoughts, wishing you all the luck in the world!

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Please be strong, i do understand what you are passing through, if you look on my timeline you will realized that me and my husband spent close to 820 days apart due to the processing. Despite the nerve wrecking, arguments, tears and many other things, we conquered at the end. I know that these people maybe but you and your fiancee need patience and very soon , it will be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This process tests the strongest of couples. You're closer to NOA2 than you probably realize. Stay strong, support each other. Know that when you do get that NOA2, the timeline moves much faster and much of it is in your control. It feels hopeless, but it's really not. In a year's time, this speed bump won't matter because you'll be together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

viewing my timeline we were approved 206 days after our NOA1 and during those 206 were tears and heartache for the first month or so but me and my spouse decided to change things up. so we did not mention the process or anything about it until we heard something new. we knew no matter how many tear I cried or how mad I was it wasn't going to change anything we would get approved when the time came and nothing we could do about it. so to help those tears and silent calls maybe just maybe you guys can just try putting the process talk on hold and enjoy each other . for the past 5 months we didn't mention the process we talked about who knows what lol but we are happy and that's all that matters, we know we will spend the next 60 or 70 years together.. So this one year process is vapor!

good luck hope I helped if not my apologies!

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have the finances to go visit your loved one I saw visit as much as you can until the process is over.

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys

it's so hard and frustrating to be close to 170 days without any sign, the last month was the worse because we were expecting the approval any minute and most people around us got approved except us.

I used to vent to my fiancee and thanks God she was so patient with me, but recently we started to lose control, our calls are silent or full of tears most of the time, she sent something to the congressman lately but it seems it's been in vain. she's tried to call USCIS and asked to be transferred to tier 2 but always it's been the same IN VAIN.

on thanksgiving we will accomplish 171 days of waiting.

it is hard, it is killing me to stay away from her and all the time via FaceTime I was asking just to touch her face but I'm not allowed yet, she's 5600 miles away. it's unfair to keep us apart all this time because of the stupid routine. I miss her so much.

I love you Waad and waiting for you by the minute.

oh God please help us.

Hi, please calm down and keep in mind you're so close to hear the good news! I know the waiting is too hard, I do understand how you're feeling (155 days for me), but never give up! Keeping a long distance relationship is so difficult and y'all have been thru all that so now you're moving one step closer to be with your loved one! Keep your hopes on! The fear of denial kills me everyday but when I look at him I know it is all worth and I would do it again and again and again! :)

Be strong is what your significant other needs. Dont feel alone, a lot of us been there, only for give you an idea, check my timeline and you will see this:

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 190 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 247 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

So you will have an idea about how much long its the process. Calm down and focus in possitive things, afterall your approval its only the first step.

Best regards.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Greetings VJ members,

I am Waad, Yamen's fiance. I would like to say I am pleased and thankful to read each and every aspirational responses. Its feels much better to know that one way or another our light will shine and we are not alone. Yamen and I are having a tough time because we want to move on and start our lives together. Moreover, his unsafe living conditions in turkey puts more strain into our stressful situation. We both feel discouraged because we dont even know any information about our case. In addition, USCIS cant provide any information due to technical difficulties. I will keep in mind that patience is the key and try to stick to it religously. Again, I am thankful for your high spirit support in this crucial journey. This website gives us the extra strength to carry on and keep us occupied learning tips from people's experience.

YAMOUNTI- we are going to make it and look back at this process as something we both were strong enough to accomplish. I love you forever and always baby! XOXO❤️❤️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

what does it mean???

The topic has just been moved to a different forum that's all, nothing to worry about! :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I hope you got your approval from USCIS. I am waiting for NOA2 for a I-130 for my husband. He is in Ankara. I just visit as much as possible. BUT, I can relate...when we talk about the process we get all silent and weird. So we try to talk about it very little. I have been waiting for approval for 7 months now. I hope we get something soon. Because then we have to go through NVC and that can be kind of stressful, not knowing if you did something wrong on the paperwork. Regardless, I hope by NOW, which I think you have, received your NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.