TheMilkyWay

Let's get our money back when Obama grants amnesty!

94 posts in this topic

But those that do it lawfully - and I know what I'm talking about since I went that way as did my wife - are so much better off than those that are here illegally. Being able to live and work here legally is worth something, too. That is the bit that seems to be forgotten all too often. Our spouses wait for that privilege maybe a year or so - yes some wait longer. Illegals wait for decades. I just don't get that rosy picture that is painted here of the life of an illegal alien. I see them slave out in the fields around here, I see their quarters - not an existence I want to have or would wish on my spouse.

Must be something good here, they keep pouring across the border risking their life to live here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have nothing against illegal immigrants as people, some close family friends came to the USA illegally. Their life improved a ton and i can't blame them for coming. My problem is that our very own government is more concerned with helping illegal immigrants than legal immigrants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have nothing against illegal immigrants as people, some close family friends came to the USA illegally. Their life improved a ton and i can't blame them for coming. My problem is that our very own government is more concerned with helping illegal immigrants than legal immigrants.

There's no political benefit to helping legal immigrants. However, generating a loyal group of voters out of thin air, well that's hard to beat.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have published my petition to refund LEGAL immigration expenses if Obama unilaterally grants amnesty to illegal immigrants. Please make an account, sign my petition, and encourage others to do the same by sharing the link on your facebook page. It won't show up on the website until 150 people have signed, and we have a month to reach 100,000 signatures for an official response from Obama's administration. http://wh.gov/ianJB

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Will do and put a link to you thread on mine http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520912-welcome-to-the-november-2014-support-and-rant-thread/page-37#entry7344806 This is great I love it hahahaaa. Of course they wont give our money back, it's all they care about! Thank you for this!

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: Timeline

There are a number of problems with this....

First, the cliché that all illegals must toil in "the field" with bleeding fingers is not only way over used, it's also pretty naïve. I'm not sure what part of the country you live, but I work in an area were illegals have good work, decent pay, comfortable housing, send their children to schools, and use the hospitals. Heck, most of them are already voting. And some are standing in front of the Whitehouse demanding more rights! All along the Arizona and Texas border I see this every day. We just had a local tax increase pass in order to fund over crowding problems in the schools due to the illegals flooding in. So please don't pretend to tell me what I see and experience every single day myself and use the whole "illegals in shadows" cliché. It's annoying and insulting.

Second, my wife comes from one of your so called "$hitholes." Her family is extremely poor and they lacked sufficient food, housing and medical care most of their lives. I now do all that I can and I've changed their living circumstances as best as possible, but the whole family would love to live in the USA in a heartbeat. But that doesn't mean they would choose to be criminals if they had the choice to be here illegally. They may be poor and live a very hard life, but they have self respect and do not take hand outs or believe it's ok to resort to criminal behavior to improve their circumstances.

So please, set down that cup of Koolaid they serving you and realize Obama doesn't give a hoot about the illegals as people. It's all about the votes. Nothing more. I have more than a few friends now that are "illegal" and they are doing okay. But they are not stupid. They know they are seen as potential votes. And they know enough to use that power to get what they want.

It fries my bacon when those of us that wait in line to do what's right and follow the law are told to shush up because the illegals have it so hard and need our sympathy. That's BS. And even though I am actually in favor of some form of amnesty (we need to get these folks paying taxes for the services they are already consuming), the government should fix the broken legal immigration system first before giving away a pathway to those that chose to be here illegally.

:rolleyes: Ah, yes. Complain about cliches and then trot out the cliche of the privileged illegal immigrant. The voting, privileged illegal immigrant, no less. :rolleyes:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It seems like a contradiction that you profess to stand against illegal immigrations and yet you abet more than a few of them. Perhaps the biggest cliche of all is that everyone seems to speak of 'them' as though these people look differently, act differently, or look non human, when in fact, the only thing that makes them illegal is the absence of a few papers and a piece of plastic.

If you have family in the DR, you probably know of the thousands that perish trying to cross the ocean to reach Puerto Rico, trying to flee poverty in their own country. The same is true for thousands of Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Filipinos, who are crammed in cargo containers and cross the ocean with the dream of making it to our shores. They add to those fleeing sub-Saharan Africa, eastern Europe and Latin America, in addition to their west European and Australian counterparts and the occasional Canadian.

IMHO the actual conundrum is that we can't take them all, but as a nation we can't turn our backs on those who are here, for legal and moral reasons. The entire discussion would be far more productive if we realized that our laws allow for them to be here to a large extent and that is how the country has operated since it was founded. We are a nation of immigrants and illegal immigration is not a recent phenomenon.

There are a number of problems with this....

First, the cliché that all illegals must toil in "the field" with bleeding fingers is not only way over used, it's also pretty naïve. I'm not sure what part of the country you live, but I work in an area were illegals have good work, decent pay, comfortable housing, send their children to schools, and use the hospitals. Heck, most of them are already voting. And some are standing in front of the Whitehouse demanding more rights! All along the Arizona and Texas border I see this every day. We just had a local tax increase pass in order to fund over crowding problems in the schools due to the illegals flooding in. So please don't pretend to tell me what I see and experience every single day myself and use the whole "illegals in shadows" cliché. It's annoying and insulting.

Second, my wife comes from one of your so called "$hitholes." Her family is extremely poor and they lacked sufficient food, housing and medical care most of their lives. I now do all that I can and I've changed their living circumstances as best as possible, but the whole family would love to live in the USA in a heartbeat. But that doesn't mean they would choose to be criminals if they had the choice to be here illegally. They may be poor and live a very hard life, but they have self respect and do not take hand outs or believe it's ok to resort to criminal behavior to improve their circumstances.

So please, set down that cup of Koolaid they serving you and realize Obama doesn't give a hoot about the illegals as people. It's all about the votes. Nothing more. I have more than a few friends now that are "illegal" and they are doing okay. But they are not stupid. They know they are seen as potential votes. And they know enough to use that power to get what they want.

It fries my bacon when those of us that wait in line to do what's right and follow the law are told to shush up because the illegals have it so hard and need our sympathy. That's BS. And even though I am actually in favor of some form of amnesty (we need to get these folks paying taxes for the services they are already consuming), the government should fix the broken legal immigration system first before giving away a pathway to those that chose to be here illegally.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

The people against this petition already have a huge voice in democrats, illegals, Latinos, and the media.

Legal immigrants want to suffer in silence as they are ignored completely by lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Whether you love illegal immigration or not, the legal process needs work. This petition is a step towards getting attention for legal immigration. I think everyone on this board can agree with that.

Filed: Timeline

The people against this petition already have a huge voice in democrats, illegals, Latinos, and the media.

Legal immigrants want to suffer in silence as they are ignored completely by lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Whether you love illegal immigration or not, the legal process needs work. This petition is a step towards getting attention for legal immigration. I think everyone on this board can agree with that.

You forgot Republicans. They will not support any such thing either. Not will they curb illegal immigration. They had full control of the federal government the first 6 years of this century and have done what exactly to stem the tide? That's right: Jack Shite! And that is exactly what they're going to do now with their majority in Congress - nothing.

Timeline

I did say both sides. You are right, and as long as we tolerate their garbage it will stay that way. The next step after this petition will be to call our senators and congress people to let them know it's time to fix immigration.