TheMilkyWay

Let's get our money back when Obama grants amnesty!

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Illegal migrants are not thugs. There are some thugs among them but by and large, these are not thugs but people that have never done any harm to anyone.

IDK, I'd bet your union buddies would take issue with that. I'm sure they have the effect of driving down wages.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

102 signatures!! Whoa!

By the way, can you please pay for my husband to cross the border, pay his legal fees, feed him, give him insurance and pay for us to have kids please? Since you are in an understanding mood. Sri Lanka is having problems too.

Thanks

Well, no. I took care of my wife's immigration from a country that arguably has more problems than Sri Lanka. I put a lot of work and effort into that. Consulted with a lawyer to make sure the case was presented in the best possible way. It cost me money to do that. Even threw in an additional trip over there - and it all paid off nicely. I am happily married, have a beautiful daughter and - looking back - there isn't a thing I would do differently. Did the time we waited suck? Yes but that's behind us. I'm not going to sit there and pretend that it would have been any better if I had smuggled her into the country. It would not have been - plain and simple. I would not want to trade places with a US citizen that happened to find an illegal migrant as their life partner. Certainly, they have a harder time than any of us can even begin to imagine.

IDK, I'd bet your union buddies would take issue with that. I'm sure they have the effect of driving down wages.

Never mind that unions largely support the comprehensive immigration reform - including the legalization and a path to citizenship for those here illegally - that the Senate had passed a year and a half ago. Wages are on a downward trend for a variety of reasons - most notably the imbalance of attention that share holders get over the staff that make corporations produce.

You love pointing to folks breaking one set of laws to justify other folks breaking another set of laws. I don't get that. There's no logic in that.

It's about cause and effect. The cause of illegal migration into this country is the availability of jobs regardless of immigration status. The effect is the illegal immigration. If you want to stem the tide, you need to address the cause of the problem. And yet, all you are focused on is the effect.

Timeline

Never mind that unions largely support the comprehensive immigration reform - including the legalization and a path to citizenship for those here illegally - that the Senate had passed a year and a half ago. Wages are on a downward trend for a variety of reasons - most notably the imbalance of attention that share holders get over the staff that make corporations produce.

Yeah I suppose they would love it. That's more people they can scam 2 hours of pay from every month from to give to their mob friends.

Well, no. I took care of my wife's immigration from a country that arguably has more problems than Sri Lanka. I put a lot of work and effort into that. Consulted with a lawyer to make sure the case was presented in the best possible way. It cost me money to do that. Even threw in an additional trip over there - and it all paid off nicely. I am happily married, have a beautiful daughter and - looking back - there isn't a thing I would do differently. Did the time we waited suck? Yes but that's behind us. I'm not going to sit there and pretend that it would have been any better if I had smuggled her into the country. It would not have been - plain and simple. I would not want to trade places with a US citizen that happened to find an illegal migrant as their life partner. Certainly, they have a harder time than any of us can even begin to imagine.

So, your wife's country just finished a 30 year war with the government trying to kill millions of people of Tamil ethnicity? Suffered a tsunami during that period. The Buddhist are now trying to get rid of Muslims and Christians. I can no longer tell people I'm Christian when I go. Church bombings and a President that supports this behavior. Contract killings by the police department. Floods and mudslides. People prostituting their kids for money to foreigners. Should I continue?

What country is your wife from?

Timeline

It's about cause and effect. The cause of illegal migration into this country is the availability of jobs regardless of immigration status. The effect is the illegal immigration. If you want to stem the tide, you need to address the cause of the problem. And yet, all you are focused on is the effect.

So you're advocating fewer jobs in the U.S.? By your logic, that would address the cause.

You're about to regret asking that question. :reading:

So, your wife's country just finished a 30 year war with the government trying to kill millions of people of Tamil ethnicity? Suffered a tsunami during that period. The Buddhist are now trying to get rid of Muslims and Christians. I can no longer tell people I'm Christian when I go. Church bombings and a President that supports this behavior. Contract killings by the police department. Floods and mudslides. People prostituting their kids for money to foreigners. Should I continue?

No need to continue. On the list of poorest countries on earth where #1 is the poorest and #184 is the richest, my wife's country is #14. Sri Lanka is #74. To illustrate, in 2013, per capita GDP (PPP) in Sri Lanka was $6,550.00 while in Ethiopia where my wife hails from it was $1,260.00. There have been tribal conflicts going on there for decades. People starve, die of preventable diseases, the HIV crisis, etc., etc. Don't tell me about misery, I've seen it.

So you're advocating fewer jobs in the U.S.? By your logic, that would address the cause.

You're about to regret asking that question. :reading:

Huh? I'm advocating strict enforcement of employment eligibility against US employers. That's not advocating for fewer jobs, that's advocating for less exploitation. Try and figure that out.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Timeline

IDK, you already have sky high unemployment on the low end of the wage scale. Adding more low wage workers, will just increase the unemployment rate for unskilled workers as well as drive down wages. But hey, the Democrats will get more votes down the road, screw the poor USCs.

That's why I can't wrap my head around your support for this. The only thing I can conclude is that you see it as a positive for the Democrat party down the road, because it sure aint helping out the poor folks.

IDK, you already have sky high unemployment on the low end of the wage scale. Adding more low wage workers, will just increase the unemployment rate for unskilled workers as well as drive down wages. But hey, the Democrats will get more votes down the road, screw the poor USCs.

That's why I can't wrap my head around your support for this. The only thing I can conclude is that you see it as a positive for the Democrat party down the road, because it sure aint helping out the poor folks.

Read and learn:

Bottom line, your simplistic view does not apply because the national economy is not static but dynamic.

No need to continue. On the list of poorest countries on earth where #1 is the poorest and #184 is the richest, my wife's country is #14. Sri Lanka is #74. To illustrate, in 2013, per capita GDP (PPP) in Sri Lanka was $6,550.00 while in Ethiopia where my wife hails from it was $1,260.00. There have been tribal conflicts going on there for decades. People starve, die of preventable diseases, the HIV crisis, etc., etc. Don't tell me about misery, I've seen it.

Huh? I'm advocating strict enforcement of employment eligibility against US employers. That's not advocating for fewer jobs, that's advocating for less exploitation. Try and figure that out.

Ok. I will let you have Ethiopia.

:thumbs:

The other difference being you and your spouse having a legal way available to you. That's not the case for those that here illegally. If they had a way to lawfully migrate,I'd speculate they would have done that.

Just curious, what do you think you would have done if your wife's visa had been denied? And was continually denied if you reapplied. Would have considered trying to bring her here illegally? Would you have moved there? Just given up on being together? I know it's impossible to really know what you would do; but what do you think?

I know if it was me, doing something illegal is just not in my nature. I probably would have moved there - I know my wife would have preferred that instead of her moving here.

My issue on this is not so much what he did but when he did it. Out of all the issues with immigration, I think they should have fixed the obstacles in the way of those doing this legally first, instead of working on this part

105! We need 150 so it can be seen by others! Yippy!

I agree B_J. The President has completely ignored the thousand of USCs and PRs separated from their spouses, children and family while helping the people who are already in the U.S. with their family first. The legal route needs tightened and cleaned up.