Nico25

filing fiance visa but me and my fiance are not engage yet.

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your wish is somewhat .,.,. uh.,. impossible, as how can she sign a letter of intent, saying she will marry with 90 days of P.O.E. of the USA???

Your thoughts are very admirable, but not realistic. There is simply to much paper work, and not to mention the interview, where questions like, Do you have an engagement ring? Did you have an engagement party, and where, who was there from your family?

That, my friend is just a sample of what will be asked at the interview, I KNOW..,.,., MY WIFE is from Cebu! I was there, saw it all go down, including the CFO, then went to Macatan airport the next day, and bought her airline ticket to the USA, and brought her here myself.,.,

Now, if you want to do something "over the top".,.,. make sure you go get her, and bring her here with YOU!

Timeline

Your wish is somewhat .,.,. uh.,. impossible, as how can she sign a letter of intent, saying she will marry with 90 days of P.O.E. of the USA???

Your thoughts are very admirable, but not realistic. There is simply to much paper work, and not to mention the interview, where questions like, Do you have an engagement ring? Did you have an engagement party, and where, who was there from your family?

That, my friend is just a sample of what will be asked at the interview, I KNOW..,.,., MY WIFE is from Cebu! I was there, saw it all go down, including the CFO, then went to Macatan airport the next day, and bought her airline ticket to the USA, and brought her here myself.,.,

Now, if you want to do something "over the top".,.,. make sure you go get her, and bring her here with YOU!

I understand. But as i said. I already have everything ready. I have her letter of intent to marry. Its just that im wondering if theres going to be a problem if we are not engaged yet? But we already planned this fiance visa ..

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If she's said she'll marry you then you are engaged. There doesn't have to be a huge down-on-one-knee moment for you to be engaged.

You can do that when you see her if you like but for all intents and purposes, from the moment she said she'll marry you then you can call yourself engaged.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah, stop saying you're not engaged. You've agreed to marry. That means you're engaged. Fancy proposal notwithstanding.

My now-husband and I discussed our immigration options when I visited him around Christmas. We didn't decide on the K-1 until after I had returned home to the US, when we were talking over Gmail chat one day while I was at work. We were then "engaged" enough for USCIS. We didn't do the fancy proposal until a few months later on my next visit, but we had already filed the petition by that time because we were already committed to marry.

If the fiancee is asked at interview when you got engaged she better say it was before filing the petition.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I understand. But as i said. I already have everything ready. I have her letter of intent to marry. Its just that im wondering if theres going to be a problem if we are not engaged yet? But we already planned this fiance visa ..

Hi Nico25,

I really think you don't understand. But there is no point to argue here. I feel and believe that many people have already given you the answer and telling you that if you or your fiance keep saying you are not engaged or treat yourself as such at the time of the interview you will certainly have issues. The hardest part is trying to tell someone to listen when you don't want to listen and want to hear what you want to hear. I wish you good luck and hope everything goes okay with your case. Best wishes!

*The material presented is intended for general information only and does not constitute legal advice*

USCIS - IR1/CR1 Wife/IR2 Daughter - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

12/03/2013 -- I-130s Sent, 12/06/2013 -- I-130s Received                                           12/13/2013 -- I-129F Sent, 12/16/2013 -- I-129F Received           

12/10/2013 -- I-130s NOA1 Hard copies received from VSC                                         12/20/2013 -- I-129F NOA1 Hard copy from VSC           

06/05/2014 -- I-130s Alien Registration Numbers Changed                                           02/12/2014 -- I-129F Transferred from VSC to TSC hard copy                                       

06/09/2014 -- I-130s RFE Emails, 06/12/2014 -- I-130s RFE Hard copies received       02/25/2014 -- I-129F Alien Registration Number Changed

06/16/2014 -- I-130s RFE Response received                                                              07/11/2014 -- I-129F NOA2 email (207 days)

09/25/2014 -- I-130 NOA2 Emails 290 days                                                                 07/16/2014 -- I-129F NOA2 Hard copy received and sent to NVC        

NVC - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

07-29-2014 -- NVC received I129F                                                                           

07-31-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

08-01-2014 -- Left NVC in route to Embassy in Lima

Embassy - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

08-07-2014 -- Embassy in Lima received case from NVC                                        

08-07-2014 -- Received email interview letter and packet IV

08-18-2014 -- Completed DS-160 online                                                                 

08-21-2014 -- Medical & Vaccination completed

09-03-2014 -- Interview (Approved)                                                                        

09-05-2014 -- Visa Issued (CEAC website)

09-10-2014 -- Visa in hand                                                                                      

09-18-2014 -- Dulles VA

USCIS - AOS Wife/Daughter

12/10/2014 -- I-485 Sent - including I-765                                                            

12/11/2014 -- I-485 Received

12/16/2014 -- I-485 and I-765 NOA Received email                                             

12/20/2014 -- I-485 and I-765 NOA Hard copies received

01/09/2015 -- I-485 and I-765 Biometrics appointment                                       

01/14/2015 -- I-485 Ready for interview

02/02/2015 -- I-485 Interview notification received                                             

02/14/2015 -- I-765 Approved - EAD card production email and text

02/24/2015 -- I-765 EAD card received                                                              

03/12/2015 -- I-485 Interview Date (APPROVED)

03/17/2015 -- CR6/CR7 Welcome letters received                                               

03/21/2015 -- CR6/CR7 Green Cards received :dance:

USCIS - ROC Wife/Daughter

01/12/2017 -- I-751 Sent

01/17/2017 -- I-751 NOA Received for wife and daughter

02/23/2017 -- I-751 / CRI89 Biometrics Appointment for wife and daughter

12/26/2017 -- I-751 / CRI89 Approved for wife and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I see what you mean. My fiancé and I did the same thing. We talked about getting married in October, filed in January, but I didn't get my ring until July. Even though I didn't "feel" engaged, when we agreed to marry in October, we were engaged. Make sure your fiancé knows that you guys are already engaged--verbal agreement is fine. It'll probably come up in the interview so be prepared with an answer that's before you filed.

Timeline

My fiance proposed to me almost everyday over the phone, skype, viber and email ever since we decided that we want to get married and be together. When he came here, he formally did his proposal. But I think from the time that we talked and decided that we want to get married and be together we considered ourselves as "engaged" already, the formal proposal itself was just a formality of it. I'm no expert here, I think what is important here is that you both know that you are engaged to each other. I also believe that if you already talked about it and agreed then it means that you are engaged. Good luck with your petition! :)

Btw.. My fiance included the receipt of the engagement ring in the petition when he filed it. I'm not sure if it has an impact. Just sharing.

Edited by Elle&Kyle

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Agreeing to marry is the same as accepting a proposal to marry.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

...Relationship evidence is not required at all for the petition, so it cannot be 'strong proof' for approval of the I-129F petition....

And how many K-1's are denied because the couple could not prove they have a bonafide relationship?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

...hmm the K-1 visa is a FIANCEE visa.... not girlfriend visa. :unsure:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If she's said she'll marry you then you are engaged. There doesn't have to be a huge down-on-one-knee moment for you to be engaged.

You can do that when you see her if you like but for all intents and purposes, from the moment she said she'll marry you then you can call yourself engaged.

Exactly!!!

...hmm the K-1 visa is a FIANCEE visa.... not girlfriend visa. :unsure:

But by the time their petition is approved they will be formally engaged as he is planning to propose with a ring. Seeing as they have already discussed it and she has signed a letter of intent, they are technically engaged, however informally, in the eyes of USCIS so I don't think this will cause a problem.

OP, with or without a formal proposal, if both of you intend to marry one and other then that is sufficient for the i-129f petition. If she is later asked about a proposal, she can state that you discussed it, submitted the petition and then later had a more formal proposal involving a ring.

I don't think you have anything to worry about as many others have already explained.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And how many K-1's are denied because the couple could not prove they have a bonafide relationship?

Quite a few......probably the majority of denials are for this reason.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.