Nico25

filing fiance visa but me and my fiance are not engage yet.

53 posts in this topic

Quite a few......probably the majority of denials are for this reason.

I think that's the point they were trying to make, as it was posted in response to this comment: "Relationship evidence is not required at all for the petition,"

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I think that's the point they were trying to make, as it was posted in response to this comment: "Relationship evidence is not required at all for the petition,"

It isn't, it's for the interview.....but some consulates want to see front-loading of the petition.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I left my answer short and sweet, I don't believe it has to be a long answer, just to the point.

Awesome. Thank you so much. Oh 1 more question. For question 35. That i need to do a 1 single sheet of paper stating how we met in person. Can you give me idea what to put coz i dont know where to start. I would appreciate it. Thanks

I havent propose to her yet. Because my plan is to propose to her when she gets here. Im just wondering if that could be a problem? I have all the proof that we met each other in person. Proof that we have genuine relationship.

By intending to do the K-1 and you said she's aware of it, technically she has agreed to marry you, right? For all intents and purposes of the visa process, you are already engaged, even if you have not formally proposed to her (I take it that by "proposal" you mean doing the custom of actually popping the question and all the fanfare that goes along with it. Correct me if I'm mistaken.)

If you guys have talked about filing for a K-1, in essence you have the intention of getting married when she gets here. That is exactly the purpose of filing for a K-1 visa. So even if you have not had a formal engagement yet, I would not think you will have a problem as long as you are able to prove that you have a genuine relationship. And again, for all intents and purposes of the visa application, you guys are "engaged" (we're just dealing with semantics here) because she is agreeing with you to petition her for a K-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

And how many K-1's are denied because the couple could not prove they have a bonafide relationship?

I am sure plenty have been denied for that reason. That does not change the fact that proof of relationship is not required for the I-129F petition approval. The USCIS does not approve and issue visas. The Dept. of State does that and proving that you have a valid relationship in order to receive the K-1 visa is something that is done by the CO at the US consulate abroad.

For some consulates it is wise to include some evidence of ongoing relationship with the I-129F petition, but that is not to get the petition approved. Front-loading that way is for the consulate stage so that the documentation will already be in your case file before going to the K-1 visa interview. People have been denied the chance to present relationship evidence at the K-1 visa interview, and so if you already have included some in your petition submission, then they cannot deny that evidence. That is the whole point of front-loading. The people adjudicating the I-129F petition do not go over the relationship evidence and make any decisions about whether or not you have valid relationship. They only make sure you meet the requirements of the I-129F petition itself.

It isn't required for the petition. Nowhere in the I-129F instructions does it ask for proof of engagement or proof you have a valid, ongoing relationship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

It isn't required for the petition. Nowhere in the I-129F instructions does it ask for proof of engagement or proof you have a valid, ongoing relationship.

No I know, that wasn't the point I was trying to make, but I misunderstood what a post prior to this was trying to say hence why I quoted this. My bad :rolleyes:

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Awesome. Thank you so much. Oh 1 more question. For question 35. That i need to do a 1 single sheet of paper stating how we met in person. Can you give me idea what to put coz i dont know where to start. I would appreciate it. Thanks

You just need to state when and where you met. For example>

"[Foreign fiance(e)'s name] and I initially met online through Facebook in March 2010. Since then we have formed a relationship and have visited together in person several times in the last few years. Our last visit together was in her hometown of XXX, Philippines for 2 weeks from July XX to July XX, 2014."

Then supply the passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts, photos, etc. from those visits to prove you met in person within the last 2 years.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can you guys give me an idea about the question in i-129F i think #35. where you have to make a single sheet of paper stating how you met in person?.. and for the g-325a question about address abroad for more than a year? what if my fiance did leave her country since birth what should i put?

Thanks

Timeline

You just need to state when and where you met. For example>

"[Foreign fiance(e)'s name] and I initially met online through Facebook in March 2010. Since then we have formed a relationship and have visited together in person several times in the last few years. Our last visit together was in her hometown of XXX, Philippines for 2 weeks from July XX to July XX, 2014."

Then supply the passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts, photos, etc. from those visits to prove you met in person within the last 2 years.

Thank you so much for the help. 1 more question about the g-325a. about the address abroad outside the US for more than a year. what if my fiance did not leave her foreign country since birth should i put her present address?

Thank you so much for the help. 1 more question about the g-325a. about the address abroad outside the US for more than a year. what if my fiance did not leave her foreign country since birth should i put her present address?

That's we did, just wrote my UK address again.

Edited by Pheebs1201

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

It doesn't matter as long as you guys talked about marriage and she agrees to marry you of course. :)
"Engaged" & "Fiancé(e)" are just terms, it's certainly not a legal status, meaning that it can't be proven with a ring or a picture of you down on your knees ;) The only proof they need is your intention to get married according to the K1 visa rules.

Edited by annem

Can you guys give me an idea about the question in i-129F i think #35. where you have to make a single sheet of paper stating how you met in person?.. and for the g-325a question about address abroad for more than a year? what if my fiance did leave her country since birth what should i put?

Thanks

Did she or did she not live in another country? If she did not live in another country since birth, you only need to provide her address for the last 5 years. If she lived in one address since birth in the Philippines, then you put just one address in the G-325A.

As for Question #35 in the 1-129F, if you have not met through a marriage broker (someone who arranged your marriage for a fee), then answer no.

Edited by M and C

Timeline

Yes, just repeat her current address. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A.pdf

Timeline

Yes, just repeat her current address. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A.pdf

i see, thank you so much for the help.. uhm the bottom part for the connection. does it matter if put I-129f or K-1 Visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.