DavenRoxy

Obama Stunned When Called-Out by Reporter

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

President Obama was forced to come before the American people on Wednesday and face the music. The nation has rejected the Democrat leadership that has dominated the Senate for eight long years and in a midterm that most-always serves as a referendum on the presidents job approval and his partys direction, the American people made it clear that they have had enough of the hope and change agenda that has continually fallen short of high hopes.

On Wednesday, President Obama offered a mixed message to the American people on how he intends to deal with a Republican-dominated Congress. While he did offer the seemingly obligatory remarks geared towards cooperation, the President whos executive theory can best be defined as rooted in assumed regal authority also promised further executive actions that remain outside the confines of his Constitutional authority.

Today I had a chance to speak with John Boehner and congratulated Mitch McConnell on becoming the next Senate majority leader, Obama began. And I told them both that I look forward to finishing up this Congresss business and then working together for the next two years to advance Americas business.

Obama also promised,

Im eager to work with the new Congress to make the next two years as productive as possible. Im committed to making sure that I measure ideas not by whether they are from Democrats or Republicans, but whether they work for the American people.

However, during the same speech where he promised collaborative efforts, Obama promised to act unilaterally.

Before the end of the year, were going to take whatever lawful actions that I can take, he warned. On the issue of immigration, Obama claimed that he would do what we can do lawfully through executive actions, but in a manner sounding more like extortion than legitimate political leadership, Obama offered, You send me a bill that I can sign, and those executive actions go away.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/11/05/video-obama-stunned-when-called-out-by-reporter-it-is-a-fact-that-your-party-rejected-you/

Really, the Nobel Peace Prize selection committee should revoke his award, nowish.

But I digress.

wt_f? still going on about immigration? OK - I will be busy elsewhere, for the rest of this season...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not interested in a witch hunt for illegals.

I am interested in ending the tyrannical process legal immigrants face. If illegals don't face background checks, then legals shouldn't. If illegals don't have to give fingerprints, then neither should legals. If illegals don't have to pass health tests, then neither should legals.

I don't care what the arguments are for all of the above and everything else. If illegals don't have to do it, then it is nonsense to make people trying to immigrate legally do any of it.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not interested in a witch hunt for illegals.

I am interested in ending the tyrannical process legal immigrants face. If illegals don't face background checks, then legals shouldn't. If illegals don't have to give fingerprints, then neither should legals. If illegals don't have to pass health tests, then neither should legals.

I don't care what the arguments are for all of the above and everything else. If illegals don't have to do it, then it is nonsense to make people trying to immigrate legally do any of it.

Oh the fun you could have with this rationale.

Because some people do some things illegally there should be no laws.

Somehow I don't think that will be a good defence in court.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have argued this in the past. LPR with no citizenship.... and I approve of this message

and in retrospect I think I would say LPR for all with no chance of citizenship and no sponsor. No Citizenship ever for anyone that came here illegally.

I said no path to citizenship and no right to vote. I'm ok with not being able to sponsor too. Anyone here illegally would jump for joy to have this opportunity.

Just for the record...I assume we want these folks to work or continue work. And to pay their fair share of the taxes? We are okay with that part?

But you can never obtain the status of citizen, and hence you cannot vote. Therefore you are firmly in the camp of "Taxation without representation"

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just for the record...I assume we want these folks to work or continue work. And to pay their fair share of the taxes? We are okay with that part?

But you can never obtain the status of citizen, and hence you cannot vote. Therefore you are firmly in the camp of "Taxation without representation"

And? That's only for citizens.

Including my quote in its entirety for context....

When the slogan was adopted, the American colonist were not Citizens but subjects of the British Crown. While they may have considered themselves Englishmen, they had little say over their economic and political futures.

Bear with my steps for a moment :

1. We have decided that Natural Born and Naturalized Citizens over 18 can vote in Federal elections. ( not necessarily the case in most countries where residents are entitled to the vote. Interesting that my Scottish Office mate in Seattle did not get to vote in absentee in the recent major election affecting Scotland. Must be present to play) We used to discriminate by Sex and Race and Property ownership and poll taxes..but we grew up.
  2. What is proposed is that we allow amnesty of sorts for these immigrants but we want to place a clause that they can never ever achieve the privilege of Citizenship < Correct me if this is not what is being proposed
  3. As a consequence of their accepting this deal..we ask them to pay federal taxes, not ask for a passport, enroll in Selective Service http://www.sss.gov/must.htm and assume the mantel of citizenship
  4. Because they can never ever be citizens they can die for their country and pay taxes, but have no voice in the decisions that drive war , expenditure , taxes or their future

I have friends that have been residents of this country for > 20 years and have no need for Citizenship, that is their choice. When they complain about the government I tell them talk to the hand, but that is their choice. If they want Citizenship they are free to pursue it.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It is sad when in a forum like this, dedicated to immigration, you find a subset of individuals who don't understand how the 'path to citizenship' works.

There is a path for citizenship for all LPRs. In order to be a citizen, an alien must first be a LPR. Not even Reagan in his all encompassing amnesty, made allowances for citizenship right off the bat.

What next? Instant citizenship - just add water?

Screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-8.42.53-AM.png

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

For my part, you assume incorrectly. I don't want illegal immigrants working here, I want US citizens and LPRs working. I also want exploitative employers to face penalties of sufficient weight as to make it financially untenable to continue to exploit this illegal labour source.

This country would benefit from the tax revenue generated by these employers having to pay a realistic wage to employ people legally. Not to mention the reduction in the unemployment benefits burden, as the unemployed are brought back into the workforce.

Their representation comes from their country of citizenship.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh the fun you could have with this rationale.

Because some people do some things illegally there should be no laws.

Somehow I don't think that will be a good defence in court.

Since nobody said anything even remotely similar to that you can go to your little straw man corner alone and have a private orgasm over how smart you think you are.

You perverted equal treatment under the law to having no laws at all.

It is sad when in a forum like this, dedicated to immigration, you find a subset of individuals who don't understand how the 'path to citizenship' works.

There is a path for citizenship for all LPRs. In order to be a citizen, an alien must first be a LPR. Not even Reagan in his all encompassing amnesty, made allowances for citizenship right off the bat.

What next? Instant citizenship - just add water?

Screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-8.42.53-AM.png

Ok. Cool they take LPR for life or go back wherever they came from and apply for entry in such a way that will allow a path to citizenship. I wonder if Janelle or the many 1000's of others waiting on their loved ones right ow, would take take the LPR for life to deal to get their loved ones here.

I would expect in a forum where so many have endured so much to migrate legally any other attitude would be ignorant .

Who is going to be responsible for tracking down these companies and making sure they are not employing illegals? No one has been doing it in the past and they don't want to.

Oh contrary ma'am. we use to get must verify SSN requests all the time, for our illegals. Mandatory E-verify would go a long way. Get caught going around, big trouble

Who is going to be responsible for tracking down these companies and making sure they are not employing illegals? No one has been doing it in the past and they don't want to.

Just curious if the Govt' offered your honey boo a chance to come to America right now, as a LPR for life, would you take it .

Ok. Cool they take LPR for life or go back wherever they came from and apply for entry in such a way that will allow a path to citizenship. I wonder if Janelle or the many 1000's of others waiting on their loved ones right ow, would take take the LPR for life to deal to get their loved ones here.

I would expect in a forum where so many have endured so much to migrate legally any other attitude would be ignorant .

Oh contrary ma'am. we use to get must verify SSN requests all the time, for our illegals. Mandatory E-verify would go a long way. Get caught going around, big trouble

Just curious if the Govt' offered your honey boo a chance to come to America right now, as a LPR for life, would you take it .

E-verify is for people who actually care whether or not the person is here illegally or not. All they have to do is pay cash and not put the person in the system. I worked for a guy who paid one of his mechanics like this.

Sure, LPR for life is no problem. We just want to be together. One house, one vote, no problem.

E-verify is for people who actually care whether or not the person is here illegally or not. All they have to do is pay cash and not put the person in the system. I worked for a guy who paid one of his mechanics like this.

Sure, LPR for life is no problem. We just want to be together. One house, one vote, no problem.

Of course you would. Millions would. Yet some here think it's mean and unfair to offer a person who ignored all the rules a sweat deal like that. You should be so lucky.

SMH at the ignorance