DavenRoxy

Obama Stunned When Called-Out by Reporter

55 posts in this topic

I'd be on board with that one.

all points on the VJ spectrum have vote and it's overwhelming.

If such a divers group can agree on it, why can't we get it done

$$$$ and Votes

That is precisely my point. Where does it stop?

The buck stops here. Take away the political benefits to both parties, no voting for amnesty recipients, give the illegals currently here a path to become a LPR. And secure the border so we don't have to go through this nonsense every couple of decades. I don't see how any illegal could complain about it and for the life of me I can't understand how people who went through the process legally would be arguing that the illegals should be able to become citizens and vote. Allowing them to become LPR's would be the biggest Thanksgiving turkey on a giant silver platter. I know many who would get on their knees and thank God to be able to work legally, get a drivers license and not have to worry about getting deported at some point down the line. A green card would be like winning the lottery.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

The buck stops here. Take away the political benefits to both parties, no voting for amnesty recipients, give the illegals currently here a path to become a LPR. And secure the border so we don't have to go through this nonsense every couple of decades. I don't see how any illegal could complain about it and for the life of me I can't understand how people who went through the process legally would be arguing that the illegals should be able to become citizens and vote. Allowing them to become LPR's would be the biggest Thanksgiving turkey on a giant silver platter. I know many who would get on their knees and thank God to be able to work legally, get a drivers license and not have to worry about getting deported at some point down the line. A green card would be like winning the lottery.

And the chances of Washingtonn agreeing to anything remotely close to this are a ...

Zero.GIF

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is precisely my point. Where does it stop?

It doesn't stop.

John we are lonely voices of the values that our country used to hold dear.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No argument it would be like winning the lottery, not in question. Expedient way to fix the crisis..absolutely....at cost to this countries values of maintaining a three class of legal status Citizen, LPR and not quite LPR but with most of the benefits.

Can we at least sweeten the pot and allow their children who are not Citizen by Birthright ( born in the US) to become citizens if they choose and give this third class resident the same chance to earn Citizenship by virtue of service in the US Military?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

right on except I don't think completely securing the border is possible. Therefore we have to find ways so that without legal status they can't survive here. No job, No school, Nothing

It doesn't stop.

Our country has never held dear the idea of rewarding people who break out laws.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No citizenship, no voting for amnesty recipients. And no sponsoring other immigrants. That is a great deal and I'd bet the farm that the vast majority would be tickled pink to take it.

Seems like a good plan to me. Problem is no political party benefits from that plan, so it's not likely to happen.

I have no doubt they would but it would still create a separate class of immigrants.

If that is the route to go, I'd say let's enforce ALL the laws:

1 - No AOS from any visa types other than the ones that bear the presumption, i.e. K-1, H1B, etc. B/VWP/F/J will should return home and go through the process like everyone else.

2 - Enforce the 'conditional' greencard restrictions - no ROC for anyone who's no longer married. You divorce, you go home.

3 - No more waivers for overstay. No exceptions. If you want to marry someone who overstayed, be prepared to live apart or move to your spouse's country.

Let's make the laws count for everyone, not just for some.

:thumbs:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Timeline

It doesn't stop.

right on except I don't think completely securing the border is possible. Therefore we have to find ways so that without legal status they can't survive here. No job, No school, Nothing

Our country has never held dear the idea of rewarding people who break out laws.

I wish it were true that the US doesn't reward criminals. But think about it. Between the criminals who cross our borders and get to stay and receive government assistance and evil gee-hod-ists exchanged for US military deserters, there is a long list of how crime does in fact pay:

2r6m934.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

all points on the VJ spectrum have vote and it's overwhelming.

That pretty much never happens. Must mean it's a good idea.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.