DavenRoxy

Obama Stunned When Called-Out by Reporter

55 posts in this topic

Of course you would. Millions would. Yet some here think it's mean and unfair to offer a person who ignored all the rules a sweat deal like that. You should be so lucky.

SMH at the ignorance

Too sweet of a deal depending on they did not have to go through the agony and pain we had to go through or are currently suffering through.

They should take the LPR and shush up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For my part, you assume incorrectly. I don't want illegal immigrants working here, I want US citizens and LPRs working. I also want exploitative employers to face penalties of sufficient weight as to make it financially untenable to continue to exploit this illegal labour source.

This country would benefit from the tax revenue generated by these employers having to pay a realistic wage to employ people legally. Not to mention the reduction in the unemployment benefits burden, as the unemployed are brought back into the workforce.

Their representation comes from their country of citizenship.

"For my part, you assume incorrectly" Noted

"Their representation comes from their country of citizenship." I get it, but in the hypothetical scheme, amnesty could lead to LPR with the proviso that you are prevented from becoming a Citizen

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

Who is going to be responsible for tracking down these companies and making sure they are not employing illegals? No one has been doing it in the past and they don't want to.

The employer has this burden under the law. Everify is making that burden lighter. You will always have tax dodgers and scoff laws running on a cash economy...we just want to get a better handle on it.

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

Timeline

It is sad when in a forum like this, dedicated to immigration, you find a subset of individuals who don't understand how the 'path to citizenship' works.

There is a path for citizenship for all LPRs. In order to be a citizen, an alien must first be a LPR. Not even Reagan in his all encompassing amnesty, made allowances for citizenship right off the bat.

What next? Instant citizenship - just add water?

Screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-8.42.53-AM.png

Not sure I understand.

If you thought I was promoting instant Citizen for anyone you were mistaken. The Hypothetical "good deal" being put forth is to choose between returning home or taking the LPR Limited Edition which would say you could never ask for Naturalization. In this thought experiment I was showing what that would really mean.

I have no doubt that in terms of staying in with their family or economic situation LPR is a "good deal" What I am asking is us to consider whether this is consistent with our values. If we would ask a young LPR man to sign up for Selective Service ( currently the law) shouldnt we also give him a path to Citizenship ( assuming the Never ask for Naturalization clause would not get him Citizen for Military time)

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I was building up on your comment... You can't take naturalization off the table once a person becomes a LPR and fulfill all the other requirements. If we're going to do something, then let's do it right and not create another layer in our society. Establish some firm ground rules in order for anyone to qualify for LPR status and let the law take it from there. Funnel and triage them at the beginning of the process, not at the end.

Not sure I understand.

If you thought I was promoting instant Citizen for anyone you were mistaken. The Hypothetical "good deal" being put forth is to choose between returning home or taking the LPR Limited Edition which would say you could never ask for Naturalization. In this thought experiment I was showing what that would really mean.

I have no doubt that in terms of staying in with their family or economic situation LPR is a "good deal" What I am asking is us to consider whether this is consistent with our values. If we would ask a young LPR man to sign up for Selective Service ( currently the law) shouldnt we also give him a path to Citizenship ( assuming the Never ask for Naturalization clause would not get him Citizen for Military time)

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Ok. Cool they take LPR for life or go back wherever they came from and apply for entry in such a way that will allow a path to citizenship. I wonder if Janelle or the many 1000's of others waiting on their loved ones right ow, would take take the LPR for life to deal to get their loved ones here.

I would expect in a forum where so many have endured so much to migrate legally any other attitude would be ignorant .

Oh contrary ma'am. we use to get must verify SSN requests all the time, for our illegals. Mandatory E-verify would go a long way. Get caught going around, big trouble

Just curious if the Govt' offered your honey boo a chance to come to America right now, as a LPR for life, would you take it .

"1000's of others waiting on their loved ones right ow, would take take the LPR for life to deal to get their loved ones here."

Understanding that we are dealing in the hypothetical , I don't think I am ignorant in asking whether we are consistent in our values as a country. If we are talking hypothetical..lets strike a better deal for our country. All those that choose to take this deal can enter into Indentured Servitude for say 18 months. At the end of 18 months they are free to be LPRs. There would be a few problems with existing constitutional amendments, legal tradition and the UN rights against slavery..but hey.lots of folks would step up to take the deal.

I was building up on your comment... You can't take naturalization off the table once a person becomes a LPR and fulfill all the other requirements. If we're going to do something, then let's do it right and not create another layer in our society. Establish some firm ground rules in order for anyone to qualify for LPR status and let the law take it from there. Funnel and triage them at the beginning of the process, not at the end.

Got it...

Timeline

"1000's of others waiting on their loved ones right ow, would take take the LPR for life to deal to get their loved ones here."

Understanding that we are dealing in the hypothetical , I don't think I am ignorant in asking whether we are consistent in our values as a country. If we are talking hypothetical..lets strike a better deal for our country. All those that choose to take this deal can enter into Indentured Servitude for say 18 months. At the end of 18 months they are free to be LPRs. There would be a few problems with existing constitutional amendments, legal tradition and the UN rights against slavery..but hey.lots of folks would step up to take the deal.

Got it...

Can I add one more thing..I have a dead raccoon under my house. At this point I am ready to offer AOS sponsorship for any prospective immigrant willing to go under that house and pull it out. My wife is due to arrive tomorrow. Can you come over tonight?

Edited by Rob L

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

But there are already rules in place to attaining LPR status. Illegal immigrants have already abused this process. By creating an alternate route to becoming an LPR, you are already creating another layer in our society.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I have no doubt they would but it would still create a separate class of immigrants.

If that is the route to go, I'd say let's enforce ALL the laws:

1 - No AOS from any visa types other than the ones that bear the presumption, i.e. K-1, H1B, etc. B/VWP/F/J will should return home and go through the process like everyone else.

2 - Enforce the 'conditional' greencard restrictions - no ROC for anyone who's no longer married. You divorce, you go home.

3 - No more waivers for overstay. No exceptions. If you want to marry someone who overstayed, be prepared to live apart or move to your spouse's country.

Let's make the laws count for everyone, not just for some.

No citizenship, no voting for amnesty recipients. And no sponsoring other immigrants. That is a great deal and I'd bet the farm that the vast majority would be tickled pink to take it.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I have no doubt they would but it would still create a separate class of immigrants.

1 - No AOS from any visa types other than the ones that bear the presumption, i.e. K-1, H1B, etc. B/VWP/F/J will should return home and go through the process like everyone else.

2 - Enforce the 'conditional' greencard restrictions - no ROC for anyone who's no longer married. You divorce, you go home.

3 - No more waivers for overstay. No exceptions. If you want to marry someone who overstayed, be prepared to live apart or move to your spouse's country.

I don't think you ould get much argument from anyone for enforcing the laws. That has been out main beef all along

Typical Iibrul reply. Someone gives you a free dinner and you complain about it. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Why stop there...we could reform the whole stack of customs and immigration laxity and complete our isolationist package.

No more exceptions for people who gain Citizenship through Military Service. That is just a BS tradition loophole that lets all sort of refugees into this country. Let them fight their own wars.

And No more H1 Visas, Microsoft can easily just export an entire function to Hyderbad instead of letting a few PHDs come through on an exemption

And no more folks coming to set up businesses here

And we don't really need all of their Doctors and Nurses and Physical therapists taking care of us

And no more BS from Canadians come down to fill up on cheap gas and butter they are just driving up demand

And no more tax loopholes for flying folks buying little bottles of cognac, scarves and Tobrelone bars via skymall..they should pay the full duty. There is nothing wrong with them just buying Hershey Bars

We don't really benefit from any service, good, culture or community beyond our borders. Everyone knows that this is only place to live in the universe, they all want to come here. We don't need any of them.

This is the City set on a hill, those other folks should be lucky we even let them come visit Disney World.

We could roll this sucker right back to where we were in 1928

Timeline

That is precisely my point. Where does it stop?

Why stop there...we could reform the whole stack of customs and immigration laxity and complete our isolationist package.

No more exceptions for people who gain Citizenship through Military Service. That is just a BS tradition loophole that lets all sort of refugees into this country. Let them fight their own wars.

And No more H1 Visas, Microsoft can easily just export an entire function to Hyderbad instead of letting a few PHDs come through on an exemption

And no more folks coming to set up businesses here

And we don't really need all of their Doctors and Nurses and Physical therapists taking care of us

And no more BS from Canadians come down to fill up on cheap gas and butter they are just driving up demand

And no more tax loopholes for flying folks buying little bottles of cognac, scarves and Tobrelone bars via skymall..they should pay the full duty. There is nothing wrong with them just buying Hershey Bars

We don't really benefit from any service, good, culture or community beyond our borders. Everyone knows that this is only place to live in the universe, they all want to come here. We don't need any of them.

This is the City set on a hill, those other folks should be lucky we even let them come visit Disney World.

We could roll this sucker right back to where we were in 1928

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org