13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just to give a little back story here, I grew up in the US since the age of 3. After 8th grade (so I'm guessing 13/14) I left the US and moved to Trinidad, then Germany at 15, then back to the US at 17. My fiancé and I started dating in high school, but we've known each other ever since elementary school. When I moved back to the US, I was under the VWP and my parents got their E-2 visa. I however was not under the E-2 visa as Obama had recently released the DACA and I was misguided by a false lawyer, blah blah blah.

Long story short, I went to the embassy when it fell through to go onto my parents E-2 Visa, didn't work out they ended up barring me for 10 years because they thought I was illegally in the US. My parents went to the Congressman of Texas, Kevin Brady. He helped me out and got the 10 year bar revoked (I no longer have a 10 year bar). Although my track record seems kind of iffy. I tried to go for a student visa in Germany and they denied me under 214b because the guy was confused as HECK about what was going on in my records.

I've decided to file for my K-1 appointment in Trinidad because thats where this whole thing started, do you think I'm making the right decision by doing my interview in Trinidad or should I go back to Germany and do my interview?

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Can't answer your question, but wanted to comment about Kevin Brady. So glad to hear he was helpful. He will be the congressman I contact if I need some help moving the process along in a few months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So your fiancé is the USC and you are the beneficiary? Which country are you a resident of now? You can't just choose whichever country you like best for the interview.

I'm a dual citizen, I live between both countries for my job. Yes I'm the beneficiary. My fiancé is also a dual citizen between Canada and the U.S..

go for it

Thank you!

Can't answer your question, but wanted to comment about Kevin Brady. So glad to hear he was helpful. He will be the congressman I contact if I need some help moving the process along in a few months.

Him and his entire staff are so friendly and nice! Good luck ?

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since you're a citizen of both, I'm 99% sure you can do your interview in either country. I would look up the websites for both consulates/embassies and see which one seems to be more straightforward and organized without any strange requirements. You can also check out the consulate reviews on this site to see other people's experiences at both to help you make your decision. I'd imagine that Germany is pretty low-fraud, but I'm not sure about Trinidad and Tobago.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Read the VJ reviews for both consulates and go from there. Germany seems easier to get approved but you say the guy there was confused

about your ban issues. I don't think anyone can give you the right answer, do some research into similar situations and what the end result was.

My dime is still on Germany but what do I know.

Come prepared to make it very easy for the CO to understand your history and clarify clarify clarify, make it plain and break it down for them

and include all attorney revokation letters/papers with your petition (frontload) and then again bring them to the interview.

The burden of convincing and quality evidence is on you to rule out any confusion.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would also add one more bit of wisdom in addition to what Ebonuluwa mentioned. Since you say you've known your fiancé since childhood, make SURE you have plenty of evidence of a real romantic relationship to show that he is not just doing you a favor to get into the US. I'm not saying that's the case by any means, but more than one person has posted on these forums about having some kind of problem at the interview with this kind of life-long relationship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I would also add one more bit of wisdom in addition to what Ebonuluwa mentioned. Since you say you've known your fiancé since childhood, make SURE you have plenty of evidence of a real romantic relationship to show that he is not just doing you a favor to get into the US. I'm not saying that's the case by any means, but more than one person has posted on these forums about having some kind of problem at the interview with this kind of life-long relationship.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

They are right above me. Junior high school/high school loves sometimes seen in USCIS more like he is doing a friendly favor, but not a real relationship, so as others said, make sure you have ton of evidences. The other question that you, yourself, asked, since the German guy was unsure how to treat your case, sounds to me your better off in Trinidad. All the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think either country, due to your dual citizenship,..,..good luck.,you sound very smart, and can handle most any situation!

Is just what I read from you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What visa were you on when you went to High School?. You said the F was refused.

If you do not have a Lawyer yet that would be the first step.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

If I were you, I'd go for Germany. And I agree with Ebunoluwa concerning all the evidence you should prepare.

Both COs - whether you'll have your interview in Trinidad or Germany - will know about the previous denial since it'll show in their electronic system. But Germany is a low-fraud country and I think if you can really prove that your bar was revoked and that you have a bonafide relationship with your fiance, you might get approved faster and more easily in Germany than in Trinidad and Tobago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.