Kels2487

November 2014 Filers (I-130 Petition) IR1 / CR1 Spouse Visa Process

429 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Woohoo! Called NVC yesterday, finally got through. On Feb 17 they had sent a letter, lo and behold, to the right address despite USCIS. Gave us case number and invoice number over the phone. I guess now we can get going!

Nice....Congrats.. Thats good news..

Timeline

Completely understand. If you're not in a hurry to get through NVC I suppose you can drag the process out. You certainly don't have to complete each step (paying each fee, filling out the DS-261 and 260, sending in each packet) the moment they become available like most people do. It looks like your options are either changing the flight (but like I said, I wouldn't go back too soon) or taking your time with NVC. Either way, you're playing with very rough estimates of timing.

If I do not pay the AOS for a month I think that will slow things down.. anybody know how much I can delay paying this fee without a problem ? since she is here already with her B-1 visa Im in no hurry at this point .. we have until July...But I do not want a problem with our case.. If I have to I will pay the day it comes in.. But If an EXPERIENCED member can recommend what fee I can delay to slow the process down.. Then please give a suggestion....Thanks

Tiko I would suggest asking this question over at the NVC thread....they will have more people in this same stage that can hopefully help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534417-nvc-filers-february-2015/

You can also call NVC and ask that once the AOS fee is invoiced do you have a certain time frame that it needs to be paid within? I have seen a lot of timelines on here where it seems people take their time because of personal circumstances (kids school year etc) so I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck.

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Timeline

Tiko I would suggest asking this question over at the NVC thread....they will have more people in this same stage that can hopefully help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534417-nvc-filers-february-2015/

You can also call NVC and ask that once the AOS fee is invoiced do you have a certain time frame that it needs to be paid within? I have seen a lot of timelines on here where it seems people take their time because of personal circumstances (kids school year etc) so I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck.

Kels...thanks .. just checked it out.. looks like I can stall it when it comes time to pay the IV bill ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Anyone else from NJ get their NOA2? I am patiently waiting, every time I check the status of my case I get the "my case was received... please follow instructions in the notice"... but haven't heard anything since then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I was finally home in the middle of the day so I could call NVC in the morning, so I now have my case #! Still waiting for the actual NVC letter-package but at least I know NVC got my case. :dancing:

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

I was finally home in the middle of the day so I could call NVC in the morning, so I now have my case #! Still waiting for the actual NVC letter-package but at least I know NVC got my case. :dancing:

Good for you Brewlin.....Thats a step closer...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks! Indeed it is, feels good.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Quick question for someone here. If I am filing (3) I-130's (1 for my spouse and two for each of her childern) can I use the I-864EZ form since I had to file and I-130 seperatly for each one of them or do I have to file the I-864 regular form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Quick question for someone here. If I am filing (3) I-130's (1 for my spouse and two for each of her childern) can I use the I-864EZ form since I had to file and I-130 seperatly for each one of them or do I have to file the I-864 regular form.

Hi Kazflow, you need form I-864. Read the instructions you will have all the answers you need. We also have two petitions and we did I-864. The other form I-864EZ is for those filing without accompanying persons. #MyThought

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Hi Kazflow, you need form I-864. Read the instructions you will have all the answers you need. We also have two petitions and we did I-864. The other form I-864EZ is for those filing without accompanying persons. #MyThought

That's what I thought too but unlink the I-129F where I had to put the kids for the K3/K4 visa with the I-130 they are all seperate petitions. Considering if my wife comes first and the kids finish the school year and come later I don't know how it works.

Well I actually read the instructions 2 times and found the correct answer. I am able to use the I-864EZ. See the statement below.

Under Step-By-Step Instructions Part 1 Qualifying for Use Form I-864EZ, Part c.

"The term "immigrating with" in this statement means "on the same visa petition". Thus if the person you are sponsering is an immediate relative (spouse, child, or certain parents of U.S. Citizens), you can automatically check "YES" for this box because every immediate relative has his or her own visa petition. If the person you are sponsering is a family-based preference immigrant, and the family members listed on the same visa petition are immigrating with or within 6 months of the sponsored immigrant, you must check "No" for this box and you cannot you Form I-864EZ,"
Edited by kazzflow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sent in the AOS and IV joint packet today!

Hope everything goes fine....

Does anyone know, the 60 days, is it a *minimum* or a *maximum*?

Are there any cases where it takes less than that?

Received my NOA2!! 3/2/15 Much sooner than I had anticipated!

USCIS

11/12/14 - I-130 Packet Sent! (Phoenix Lockbox)

11/14/14 - I-130 Delivered

11/18/14 - NOA1 (Sent to TSC)

3/2/15 - NOA2

3/10/15 - Sent to NVC

NVC

3/17/15 - Received by NVC

3/23/15 - Case number assigned

3/23/15 - DS 261 completed

3/24/15 - AOS Fee Invoiced

3/27/15 - AOS Fee Paid

4/28/15 - IV Fee Invoiced

4/29/15 - IV Fee Paid

5/3/15 - IV Application Complete

5/26/15 - AOS & IV Packet Sent

5/28/15 - AOS & IV Delivered

6/3/15 - Email received stating scan date of 5/28/15

6/23/15 - Case Complete

8/12/15 - Requested expedite at NVC

8/19/15 - Received email - Expedite Approved! (57 days after Case Complete)

8/21/15 - Case left NVC

Embassy

8/24/15 - Case Received

8/26/15 - Interview Scheduled

9/2/15 - Medical Exam

9/11/15 - Interview - Approved!!

9/15/15 - Visa Issued

9/21/15 - Visa In Hand

10/30/15 - POE!!

11/24/15 - Social Security Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.