Kels2487

November 2014 Filers (I-130 Petition) IR1 / CR1 Spouse Visa Process

429 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yay Tiko!

Thanks... The problem now is That my Wife is HERE in the USA as of last weekend.. She had a B-1 visa since last year with her job.. So I bought a ticket for her to come for a few months until we got the NOA-2...We were planning on it being a longer wait because of it being at TEXAS SERVICE CENTER...Nobody gets approved there in less than 5-6 months..Now I must get her back soon for her medical and interview...I wont even estimate when that will be as it was Just proven that every case is different.. We could be at NVC stage next week and finished there in a week... My CR-1 approval from TSC proves that ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thanks... The problem now is That my Wife is HERE in the USA as of last weekend.. She had a B-1 visa since last year with her job.. So I bought a ticket for her to come for a few months until we got the NOA-2...We were planning on it being a longer wait because of it being at TEXAS SERVICE CENTER...Nobody gets approved there in less than 5-6 months..Now I must get her back soon for her medical and interview...I wont even estimate when that will be as it was Just proven that every case is different.. We could be at NVC stage next week and finished there in a week... My CR-1 approval from TSC proves that ...

If you just got your NOA2 then you definitely have a few months until she would need to be back for the interview and medical. You have to factor in time for your case to be physically sent to NVC, then 42 days for a case number, then paying the fees, then the dreaded 60-day wait after sending both packets. I'd say enjoy being with your wife now as many people aren't that lucky to be together during this process. Have a look at people's timelines and you'll see that you have a while to wait.

Regardless, congrats on the quick NOA2!

09/24/14 Marriage

USCIS

10/23/14 Mailed I-130 from Spain

11/05/14 NOA 1, routed to CSC

12/04/14 NOA 2

NVC

12/17/14 Case received

01/22/15 Case number assigned

01/23/15 DS-261 completed

01/26/15 AOS bill invoiced and paid

02/09/15 Mailed both packages from Spain

02/17/15 Scan date AOS & IV packages

02/17/15 IV bill invoiced

02/18/15 IV bill paid

02/20/15 DS-260 completed

03/24/15 Case Complete

04/16/15 P4 email

Madrid Embassy

05/26/15 Medical

05/28/15 Interview- Approved

07/29/15 POE

Timeline

If you just got your NOA2 then you definitely have a few months until she would need to be back for the interview and medical. You have to factor in time for your case to be physically sent to NVC, then 42 days for a case number, then paying the fees, then the dreaded 60-day wait after sending both packets. I'd say enjoy being with your wife now as many people aren't that lucky to be together during this process. Have a look at people's timelines and you'll see that you have a while to wait.

Regardless, congrats on the quick NOA2!

Thanks for the reply...Her return ticket is for August 10, 2015...I was hoping it would take 5-6 more months till I need to get her back....She had the B-1 visa from her job with the Colombian government..... Mabye that is why TSC acted on it so fast.. I see people who filed in June at TSC for the CR-1 are still waiting.. according to the USCIS website...

Edited by tiko1426

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Completely understand. If you're not in a hurry to get through NVC I suppose you can drag the process out. You certainly don't have to complete each step (paying each fee, filling out the DS-261 and 260, sending in each packet) the moment they become available like most people do. It looks like your options are either changing the flight (but like I said, I wouldn't go back too soon) or taking your time with NVC. Either way, you're playing with very rough estimates of timing.

09/24/14 Marriage

USCIS

10/23/14 Mailed I-130 from Spain

11/05/14 NOA 1, routed to CSC

12/04/14 NOA 2

NVC

12/17/14 Case received

01/22/15 Case number assigned

01/23/15 DS-261 completed

01/26/15 AOS bill invoiced and paid

02/09/15 Mailed both packages from Spain

02/17/15 Scan date AOS & IV packages

02/17/15 IV bill invoiced

02/18/15 IV bill paid

02/20/15 DS-260 completed

03/24/15 Case Complete

04/16/15 P4 email

Madrid Embassy

05/26/15 Medical

05/28/15 Interview- Approved

07/29/15 POE

Timeline

Completely understand. If you're not in a hurry to get through NVC I suppose you can drag the process out. You certainly don't have to complete each step (paying each fee, filling out the DS-261 and 260, sending in each packet) the moment they become available like most people do. It looks like your options are either changing the flight (but like I said, I wouldn't go back too soon) or taking your time with NVC. Either way, you're playing with very rough estimates of timing.

OK Excellent.. It looks like I will not have to change anything then.. Mabye if I dragged something out then Her return date would be perfect....we shall see what happens next and when it happenes...

Timeline

Good for you Tiko. I'm stuck in Nebraska,and have and RFE

Actually that is good you have an RFE... we both filed on the same day.. It means they are working on your petition.. For Nebraska you also are fortunate to have a touch on you case. be happy that they RFE'd you.......Others are still waiting for ANY type of action.. They would love an RFE..........it is better than not hearing anything at all..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone. A little update. The idiots at USCIS changed my address, even though I explicitly told them not to. Back in January, when I called the CSC to inquire about the status of my case they insisted I give them my address. I gave them my French address, which is what I had put on the i-130. After I gave it, the rep told me it must be a US address. The conversation was like this:

Me: I have a US address that I can use, but I do not want to give it to you, as I do not want you to send things there. You are currently sending notifications to my French address, and I want you to keep doing that.

(I received NOA1 at my French address, with the correct address printed on the NOA1.)

Rep: It's ok, I'm not going to change your address. I just need to enter a US address for the purpose of this call.

Me: Ok, but it's very important that you not send notifications there, the mail at my US address is not checked frequently.

Rep: Ok

And then I stupidly gave the address for my mother's house. NOA2 arrived at her home, with that address printed on it.

So today my husband called the NVC to try and get that changed. He reported that the rep claimed that although they had received the case January 8, they could not change the address until a case number is assigned, and we must wait 42 days for that.

The bad thing is, I have no idea if she actually entered the right case number. My husband has a strong accent and, at the moment, laryngitis. I told him that it was impossible they received the case January 8, as we only got USCIS approval on January 15. So then he said that she must have said 18th, not 8th. Well, January 18th was a Sunday. I doubt that they received it on a Sunday. The rep never asked him for his name, or other identifying information.

Tried several times now to call myself, but can't get through. I am so frustrated, I wish he knew the basic info about his own case, so he could have clarified this point himself.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The RFE is a little frustrating because they want a copy of my passport (which they already have) I'm a naturalized citizen, have been for over 25 years. I have long since lost my certificate. I applied for a replacement in April of 2014. I still don't have it!

So I'm hoping my passport is enough proof. It says it is..here's hoping!!

Best wishes to you for a swift and smooth journey thru NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Woohoo! Called NVC yesterday, finally got through. On Feb 17 they had sent a letter, lo and behold, to the right address despite USCIS. Gave us case number and invoice number over the phone. I guess now we can get going!

Woohoo! Called NVC yesterday, finally got through. On Feb 17 they had sent a letter, lo and behold, to the right address despite USCIS. Gave us case number and invoice number over the phone. I guess now we can get going!

Congratulations! A step closer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.