Kels2487

November 2014 Filers (I-130 Petition) IR1 / CR1 Spouse Visa Process

429 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I engaged my congressman at the 5 month mark, I was told by their office that it takes 30 days for TSC to respond. Got approved 33 days after I dropped off the form to their office for them to mail out. Like everyone else, not sure if it helped, but it didn't hurt, and I got approved in the time frame the congressman's office told me I would get a "response" about the status.

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally my case got approved after all the BS the TSC service did. I had to have my Congressman call there about 10 -15 times becuase TSC screwed up so BADLY. I'll give a brief rundown;

I filed three I-130 petitions (1 for my wife and 2 for her kids) back on November 6, 2014 all together in one packet. Whatever genius over there had the great idea seoerated all the packets with different officers and no one knew what the hell was going on. After the 5 months had passed filed for an out of normal processing time request on April 30, 2014 (which still hasen't been assigned to an officer). I got fed up and called my Congressman. They called over to the TSc they have a special number just for them to get through (so if it is taking too long call your Congressman) and she was telling me how one was filed away somewhere, the youngest daughter was approved before my wife which was crazy becuase my wife is the primary and the daughters secondary, they were in different buildings and a whole bunch of mess. So it took 2 supervisors to get the 3 packets finally all together and they got approved on Saturday 6/13/2015. What a disaster TSc is.

If anyone if having problems and outside the normal processing time frame don't even bother with the inquiry to USCIS go straight to your Congressman and let them take it. I am so apreciative of how his office help me in my problems. Good luck to all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good grief. So sorry to hear about your ordeal Kazz. I hope it goes smoother from now on for you.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Anyone filed their I-130 in Nov thus far? The Chicago lockbox received mine today via courier so I am anxiously awaiting my NOA1 ! Hope to encourage and help one another along the way. I have already experienced that this process can be extremely stressful and its only beginning haha :clock:

Kels...................... what happened at the interview 3 months ago ???.. the storyline stops in May...

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.