Kels2487

November 2014 Filers (I-130 Petition) IR1 / CR1 Spouse Visa Process

429 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone! We just got approved today thru text and email PD:November 24,2014

Hope everyone who hasn't received there noa 2 will get it pretty soon! :)

congrats.

are they approving November 2014 @ TSC?

Ok well a quick update on my end. Called USCIS again today and was finally to get a investigation start that I am outside the processing time of 5 months at TSC. My NOA1 date is 11/06/14 so I guess they are passed my date since the system let them enter it and got an investigation number. I was told I would get a response within 15 days and if not to call back.

Let's see what happens.

does anyone know if we can expedite our process through nvc? Due to having trouble financially

You definately can try, make sure you show enough evidence. That is what,I,did and got approved :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our I130 Petition was approved today and I added it to our timeline....now I am trying to figure out if he can still use his regular passport as a Canadian citizen to visit me as he has been doing throughout the 130 pending process....He lives and works in Canada...I have tried to find threads about visiting after I130 approved but before the NVC gets the petition and sends out my husbands packet to fill out for next step. Anyone out there to weigh in on that topic or direct me to the right place to find out if he has to stay put in Canada (even though he just renewed his travel/passport)?

thanks,

Beth :unsure:

Timeline

Our I130 Petition was approved today and I added it to our timeline....now I am trying to figure out if he can still use his regular passport as a Canadian citizen to visit me as he has been doing throughout the 130 pending process....He lives and works in Canada...I have tried to find threads about visiting after I130 approved but before the NVC gets the petition and sends out my husbands packet to fill out for next step. Anyone out there to weigh in on that topic or direct me to the right place to find out if he has to stay put in Canada (even though he just renewed his travel/passport)?

thanks,

Beth :unsure:

Hey there! I have been visiting my husband regularly throughout this whole process (we have our interview in 1 week) and have never had a problem! I drive, so I'm not sure if flying is more difficult but in my case it has been super easy every time. I travel with some ties to Canada just in case (letter from work, bills etc) as well as my approvals from USCIS and the NVC correspondence, but I have never needed it. Lately I haven't even been asked one question about the whole "your husband's American?" thing. I know it's not an official answer but in my experience I believe he is fine to keep visiting!

Oh and by the way...CONGRATS!! First big hurdle accomplished!!

Edited by CanadianGirl123

Timeline

Hey there! I have been visiting my husband regularly throughout this whole process (we have our interview in 1 week) and have never had a problem! I drive, so I'm not sure if flying is more difficult but in my case it has been super easy every time. I travel with some ties to Canada just in case (letter from work, bills etc) as well as my approvals from USCIS and the NVC correspondence, but I have never needed it. Lately I haven't even been asked one question about the whole "your husband's American?" thing. I know it's not an official answer but in my experience I believe he is fine to keep visiting!

Oh and by the way...CONGRATS!! First big hurdle accomplished!!

:thumbs: Yes, Thanks...big sigh of relief since it is was later than expected...Great to hear that you have been visiting regularly without any hassles. Sometimes its hard to remember that we cant JUST VISIT without having all this 'official' stuff with us...when you live 45 minutes away from each other and have been visiting back and forth a lot...we are seriously trying not to take it for granted and I do get nervous that we may forget something if we travel together to Canada or if we come back through the POE together into the US. But it has been relatively painless. They have been very professional for the most part to each of us. It was before we were married that he got (as the Canadian) more questioning at the POE.

Thanks for your reply so quick! He plans on coming here after work tonight and I wasn't sure anyone had encountered this before since so many live far away from their spouses. I thought I read that the beneficiary must file the visa docs "completely abroad"...which seemed to indicate we had to be apart through this part... We had also started out with an attorney who said similar...but that was just garbage advice, I think that advice was entirely meant to intimidate us into retainer her....either way...a big 'whew!'

All the best at that interview! You must be so excited! :content::energy::dance:

Beth

Timeline

:thumbs: Yes, Thanks...big sigh of relief since it is was later than expected...Great to hear that you have been visiting regularly without any hassles. Sometimes its hard to remember that we cant JUST VISIT without having all this 'official' stuff with us...when you live 45 minutes away from each other and have been visiting back and forth a lot...we are seriously trying not to take it for granted and I do get nervous that we may forget something if we travel together to Canada or if we come back through the POE together into the US. But it has been relatively painless. They have been very professional for the most part to each of us. It was before we were married that he got (as the Canadian) more questioning at the POE.

Thanks for your reply so quick! He plans on coming here after work tonight and I wasn't sure anyone had encountered this before since so many live far away from their spouses. I thought I read that the beneficiary must file the visa docs "completely abroad"...which seemed to indicate we had to be apart through this part... We had also started out with an attorney who said similar...but that was just garbage advice, I think that advice was entirely meant to intimidate us into retainer her....either way...a big 'whew!'

All the best at that interview! You must be so excited! :content::energy::dance:

Beth

We are very lucky that we get to visit our husbands regularly! I could not imagine having to go months or years like some people do! Because you live so close I think it would look suspicious if you didn't visit regularly! Lawyers for this process are garbage. They make you feel like you can't do it without them but all I have read on here are horror stories about everything the lawyer forgot or didn't do. I'm glad we did it on our own and saved the hassle and expense! Anyways, enjoy your weekend with your hubby! It's a long weekend for us canucks!! Woohoo :dancing: And good luck with the rest of your journey. Wait times at the NVC have been drastically reduced so you should have a much easier time than I did...and after such a long wait with USCIS you certainly deserve it!! Take care!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.