Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Did the corrected aos she send to nvc or you mail it? I told my attorney to make correction and scan me everything that i Will overnight it to nvc cuz i don't trust her. We still have a balance to pay off which we will not cuz im removing her after nvc confirms aos corrected has been scan. Im just reading studying the Saylin wiki on this issue. Hang in there prayers

I flip out so bad on her that she came to my work the same day with the correct AOS form for me to sign and fedex the package overnight to NVC she also had told me the main attorney at the firm and the owner had review the form and everything seen to be correct but I won't believe that till I actually get a cc... I don't think you honestly need her anymore and if it will save you some cash then let her go after she fixed the forms.. After that cc NVC is the one that handles the interview and all the doc you need you should already have a copy of them and they will also forward the info to the embassy.

I flip out so bad on her that she came to my work the same day with the correct AOS form for me to sign and fedex the package overnight to NVC she also had told me the

main attorney at the firm and the owner had review the form and everything seen to be correct but I won't believe that till I actually get a cc... I don't think you honestly need her anymore and if it will

save you some cash then let her go after she fixed the forms.. After that cc NVC is the one that handles the interview and all the doc you need you should already have a

copy of them and they will also forward

the info to the embassy.

We pray all will be good for your cc. I dont have copy of the first aos my attorney send so I cant compare once she sends me the corrected forms. She is aboard so I will need to sign and date original with current date not scan date right? Where can I see an aos fill in sample for 1040?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did you call? Cause my status still shows paid but when i called yesterday evening the case was review but checklist:( and we have same scan date. Call Monday

Same happened to me (scan date 09/24). I called and found out that there is checklist for AOS. Now I have sent the corrected I-864 ..

Timeline

We pray all will be good for your cc. I dont have copy of the first aos my attorney send so I cant compare once she sends me the corrected forms. She is aboard so I will need to sign and date original with current date not scan date right? Where can I see an aos fill in sample for 1040?

Thank you!! I fell so bad for your checklist last night that I told my hubby about it :( specially being pregnant, I couldn't imagine but hang in there it will soon be over.. Yes current date and try to google or best ask saylin she is the expert. :) I will update everyone onces I hear something.

Same happened to me (scan date 09/24). I called and found out that there is checklist for AOS. Now I have sent the corrected I-864 ..

Ok.I have to wait until Monday to get attorney to correct and have it overnight. :( this will soon be an over nightmare. Keep us posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Omg... Officially freaking out now :( No N/A for me yet and we got the same scan date 10/3 for an AOS checklist...... I'm so scare to get another checklist for the same thing :( my IV got approve back on 8/8

Ahhhh I'm freaking out.. Still no update on mine either with October 2 scan date... I called yesterday night (Friday) and they gave me the same thing please wait 60 days I'm so tired of hearing this.. I've lost my sleep and any possibility of remaining sane.. It's been 51 days today and nothing.. TheBigO did calculate my prediction for nov 13- November 24 I hope we hear something by Monday!!!!

Thank you!! I fell so bad for your checklist last night that I told my hubby about it :( specially being pregnant, I couldn't imagine but hang in there it will

soon be over.. Yes current date and try to google or best ask saylin she is the expert. :) I will update everyone onces I hear something.

Yes. Its an ugly feeling. :'( I've kept busy seaching, reading because I want to be ready to just overnight. And honestly pray it doesnt take 60 days :( Thank u for the support its really appreciated. Keep us posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ahhhh I'm freaking out.. Still no update on mine either with October 2 scan date... I called yesterday night (Friday) and they gave me the same thing please wait 60 days I'm so tired of hearing this.. I've lost my sleep and any possibility of remaining sane.. It's been 51 days today and nothing.. TheBigO did calculate my prediction for nov 13- November 24 I hope we hear something by Monday!!!!

They review documents 60 days after they are entered into the system. So you will have to wait 9 days and it will be case complete. I am not sure how you expect to hear something on Monday if its not 60 days yet.

A bit of patience will go a long way in this process.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Saylin I have a question. Is it in anyway possible that a guy who is in H1B visa sponsors his wife and she gets the visa in 4-5 months? :wacko: I just met a friend of mine whose cousin just got married to a guy who is on H1b visa and she is sure that she is going in 5 month. I told her that as far as I know it takes even longer than a green card holder for a spouse of H1b visa. Unless u do some fraud I guess. But I might be wrong.

Sorry, I don't know the H1B visa process whatsoever, so I don't know if that's feasible or not. Without knowing anything though, maybe an expedite was involved?

Timeline

Yeah TheBigO predicted mine also for this dates crossing my finger and praying for that N/A on the site.... I swear that be the happiest I been in a long time and one step closer to my hubby being here.. I had check about 20 times today lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

General note:

We decided against using a lawyer due to cost (marriage and buying a new house zapped our funds) and a relatively straight forward case.

Frankly, I'm shocked at so many mistakes lawyers seem to be making. If I did my job that poorly I would have been fired years ago.

RobbieG,

Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Saylin I have a question. Is it in anyway possible that a guy who is in H1B visa sponsors his wife and she gets the visa in 4-5 months? :wacko: I just met a friend of mine whose cousin just got married to a guy who is on H1b visa and she is sure that she is going in 5 month. I told her that as far as I know it takes even longer than a green card holder for a spouse of H1b visa. Unless u do some fraud I guess. But I might be wrong.

I think that is straightforward.. H4 Visa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-4_visa

Hello there. I've been following your posts. I'm sorry to hear of your AOS checklist. We had the exact same problem with Income reported on 13.1.a Our attorney prepared it wrong as well. We received our checklist in September and his mistake cost my wife and I from being together here in the USA for Christmas. We were so devastated. As you are now. But hang in there. The 54 days to review the corrected AOS went faster than we thought it would. And just last week we received a case complete. So hang in there!

Keep a few things in mind.

If the AOS checklist is only for input on the form, you only need to send the corrected form. Do not resend any other back up unless it was requested.

For 13.1.a

Look at your 2013 Tax Return.

If it is:

Form 1040EZ : use Adjusted Gross Income

Form 1040A : use Line 15, Total Income

Form 1040 : use Line 22, Total Income

Date and Sign your AOS with date you complete the corrected AOS. DO not back date anything.

Make sure you include a copy of the checklist with your new AOS submission.

Get your submission in ASAP and the clock will start moving again for you. Try to get a copy of what your attorney sent in so you can start with that and correct only the problems in the checklist.

We fired our attorney on the spot when we received the checklist. We sent our own correction in and received a CC. I'm not suggesting you do this, I'm just saying that was what we chose to do and it is an option. We just did not trust this guy anymore since he made such a simple mistake using my W-2 wages on the form instead of my Total Income.

Good luck. The time will pass and your CC will come.

Edited by mdzcpa

Timeline

Hello there. I've been following your posts. I'm sorry to hear of your AOS checklist. We had the exact same problem with Income reported on 13.1.a Our attorney prepared it wrong as well. We received our checklist in September and his mistake cost my wife and I from being together here in the USA for Christmas. We were so devastated. As you are now. But hang in there. The 54 days to review the corrected AOS went faster than we thought it would. And just last week we received a case complete. So hang in there!

If the AOS checklist is only for input on the form, you only need to send the corrected form. Do not resend any other back up unless it was requested.

For 13.1.a

If it is:

Date and Sign your AOS with date you complete the corrected AOS. DO not back date anything.

Get your submission in ASAP and the clock will start moving again for you. Try to get a copy of what your attorney sent in so you can start with that and correct only the problems in the checklist.

We fired our attorney on the spot when we received the checklist. We sent our own correction in and received a CC. I'm not suggesting you do this, I'm just saying that was what we chose to do and it is an option. We just did not trust this guy anymore since he made such a simple mistake using my W-2 wages on the form instead of my Total Income.

Omg thank you so much for this post!!! I litterly got out of bed when I saw this and got all my forms and corrected version to confirm my attorney had use the correct amount this time and she did!!!! Line 22 on 2013 1040... This just took a big load of my shoulders...

For 13.1.a

If it is:

Omg thank you so much for this post!!! I litterly got out of bed when I saw this and got all my forms and corrected version to confirm my attorney had use the correct amount this time and she did!!!! Line 22 on 2013 1040... This just took a big load of my shoulders...

I've been watching your case too. I remember you received your AOS right after I did for the same 13.1.a error. You should have your CC real soon now!!

Rest well !!

Edited by mdzcpa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.