Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Don't worry too much. Ours happened a few days after the 60 days. Give them a ring and ask to a supervisor to review if you can.

Calling NVC suuuuucks, I'm not calling if I can help it. 60 days is 29 November so hopefully it happens before that.

I am the beneficiary. My husband is the petitioning USC.

Relationship:

Met in Washington DC - 13 February 2013

6 visits (Guam and Australia) in 2013

Engaged on Guam - 31 December 2013

Start living together in Australia - 3 March 2014

<3 Married in Queensland <3 - 28 June 2014

USCIS/NVC:

I-130 Package received Chicago - 14 July 2014

NOA1 - 17 July 2014

NOA2 - 28 July 2014

Email from NVC with Case Number etc - 18 August 2014

Completed DS-261 online - 19 August 2014

Paid AOS Bill - 20 August 2014

AOS Bill shows "PAID" 22 August 2014

Sent AOS Package to Parents in Law for signing 5 September 2014

AOS Package scanned at NVC 19 September 2014

IV Bill Paid 24 September 2014

DS-260 completed online 25 September 2014

Send IV Package 26 September 2014 (from NH)

IV Package Scanned 29 September 2014

CHECKLIST RECEIVED 26 November 2014

Checklist sent from NH 8 December 2014

Checklist scanned 11 December 2014

Case Complete 4 February 2015 - 192 days since NOA2. 171 days at NVC.

Medical Appointment 12 February 2015

P4 Letter Received 13 February 2015

Interview 17 March 2015 - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING?! Missing my joint sponsor's W2 which he DOESN'T GET, HE IS SELF EMPLOYED, GRRRRR! Trying to sort it out ... :(

Status changed to "Ready" 24 March 2015

Status changed to "Issued" 27 March 2015! :D :D

Visa in hand 31 March 2015 - mere hours before I leave for Brisbane to fly to LA.

POE LAX extremely easy and pleasant - 1 April 2015

Reuinted with husband at Boston Airport - 2 April 2015

Wahoo!!! Thanks to all for letting me know that what I received from NVC on the 20th was ineffect my CC!!! I will call tomorrow to verify with them.

Marriage: MAR 6 2014

Sent I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox: APR 24 2014

Received email of NoA1: MAY 01 2014

I-130 Petition sent to: Nebraska Service Center

NoA1 Date: APR 28 2014

NoA2 Date: MAY 15 2014

DS-261 submitted: JUL 03, 2014

AOS Fee Paid: JUL 09, 2014

IV Fee Paid: AUG 31, 2014

DS-260 online submission: SEP 13, 2014

Received I-864/Checklist Notice from NVC : SEP 17, 2014

U.S. Embassy interview MNL: JAN 5, 2015

Administrative Hold:JAN 5, 2015

Visa issued: MAR 3, 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case AOS Fee status changed to N/A over the weekend. Hopefully it's a CC. I will call NVC and confirm once they open the office.

AOS Documents submission: Aug 8, 2014

IV Documents submission: Sep 23, 2014

IV Check list for Original Civil Documents: Oct 20, 2014

IV Check List documents Sent: Oct 28, 2014

IV Check List documents received by NVC: Oct 29, 2014

NVC policy changed on Nov 12, 2014 so that original documents are not required any more

Called NVC and spoke to supervisor because my checklist is not valid since originals are no longer required. She said she will review the case in 1 week.

Nov 17 through Nov 21: Called NVC several times to check the status, but it was still under supervisor review

Nov 23: Changed the status to N/A

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case AOS Fee status changed to N/A over the weekend. Hopefully it's a CC. I will call NVC and confirm once they open the office.

AOS Documents submission: Aug 8, 2014

IV Documents submission: Sep 23, 2014

IV Check list for Original Civil Documents: Oct 20, 2014

IV Check List documents Sent: Oct 28, 2014

IV Check List documents received by NVC: Oct 29, 2014

NVC policy changed on Nov 12, 2014 so that original documents are not required any more

Called NVC and spoke to supervisor because my checklist is not valid since originals are no longer required. She said she will review the case in 1 week.

Nov 17 through Nov 21: Called NVC several times to check the status, but it was still under supervisor review

Nov 23: Changed the status to N/A

When can I expect Interview date in Mumbai. My CC date on Nov 21. Any idea??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi do u have any idea already paid the IV fee status still in progress paid on 19november2014 and I couldn't go thru for ds260 but AOS for petitioner status is PAID. How long more have to wait IV status turns to PAID so I can proceed DS260

Hi,

I have another question about AOS this time;

Did anyone complete AOS based purely on amount of money in your bank, in property and so on - without any income?

Basically my wife (who is petitioning for me) is US citizen but she does not work at the moment, caring for out two kids, lets say she's a homemaker. I do all the work and in fact I work and get paid in the USA, although I live in Ukraine. We file joint tax return which shows my income there, but I don't think it can be counted toward those AOS guidelines, even though it's US based income and it will keep coming. I don't have any paperwork to show this income as it's my own business and all I have is bank account with money coming in an out.

But we do have enough money in our bank account plus property that is well beyond that 3x poverty line required for those who do not have enough income.

Would that work - showing just the bank accounts and property values without any income from petitioner's side at all? Or can I include my US based income while being applicant (heh, sponsoring myself, am I?).

Thanks!

In the I-864 part 7 instr. 6.-8. Assets of the intending immigrant : You may use the assets of the intending immigrant regardless of where he or she resides. The intending immigrant must provide evidence of such assets with this form. and form I-864A is not required.

the trick is this .. Based on your post above your household size is 29,812$ . the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference of the income of your wife.

For example : if your wife income is zero then the total value of your assets will be equal to ( 29,812 x 3 = 89,436 $ ).

I hope i helped you in this .. good luck

Last scan date sep 24....officially 60 days...will give a call today lets see what excuse they have today...hoping to get cc this week...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just checked.... No n/a yet :( hoping this next couple of days are quick and lots of cc before they close for the holiday, I know NVC will be open Friday but I have a feeling they probably won't get anything done that day after Thanksgiving.... Come Oct start already!!! ;)

Just checked.... No n/a yet :( hoping this next couple of days are quick and lots of cc before they close for the holiday, I know NVC will be open Friday but I have a feeling they probably won't get anything done that day after Thanksgiving.... Come Oct start already!!! ;)

This week for sure. I called the nvc just now and my case was reviewed and my checklist was officially generated. Last scan date was 1st October.

O, this is my final checklist as well. If any information is missing or incorrect I will bring to the interview. So I'm back in line and starting all over again...

Edited by NYjones

Timeline

This week for sure. I called the nvc just now and my case was reviewed and my checklist was officially generated. Last scan date was 1st October.

O, this is my final checklist as well. If any information is missing or incorrect I will bring to the interview. So I'm back in line and starting all over again...

Ugh I hate that you and Perez2012 got a checklist :( I feel horrible when this happen specially over silly small stuff... Hang in there and this time around the 60 days goes by quicker exept for the last couple of days those are horrible lol ... Thanks for letting me know and hopefully I hear something by Wednesday.. :)

Ugh I hate that you and Perez2012 got a checklist :( I feel horrible when this happen specially over silly small stuff... Hang in there and this time around the 60 days goes by quicker exept for the last couple of days those are horrible lol ... Thanks for letting me know and hopefully I hear something by Wednesday.. :)

Yes it is horrible! I am OK for now...some days will be better than some but good news is that case will be closed in January so hopefully a March or April interview.

Timeline

Yes it is horrible! I am OK for now...some days will be better than some but good news is that case will be closed in January so hopefully a March or April interview.

Yes! It be Over soon :) I let you guys know as soon as I know something! Best of luck to everyone....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally its a Case Complete... Just called them to confirm...My fee status changed to n/a over weekend...My last scan date was Oct 3rd...No checklist and I used form i864ez...Prayers for everybody who are still waiting for the case complete...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys.. I just called NVC and I was just checklisted.. Scan date October 2.. They told me the mistake was on Part 3 number 7 for my co sponsor,,, I just looked and the question is Enter the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring on this form from items 1 through 6... On my copy it says 01... My husband is the only one who is being sponsored. How am I checklisted if it says 1!??? I wanna break into tears my flight is this Sunday and I wanted to e there for the interview.. I can't help but stop crying...

And TheBig9s calculation was def. correct although I am checklisted... He said I would hear something november 13- november 24.. And here's the answer... Don't know what I should do now?!!

Timeline

Hi guys.. I just called NVC and I was just checklisted.. Scan date October 2.. They told me the mistake was on Part 3 number 7 for my co sponsor,,, I just looked and the question is Enter the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring on this form from items 1 through 6... On my copy it says 01... My husband is the only one who is being sponsored. How am I checklisted if it says 1!??? I wanna break into tears my flight is this Sunday and I wanted to e there for the interview.. I can't help but stop crying...

And TheBig9s calculation was def. correct although I am checklisted... He said I would hear something november 13- november 24.. And here's the answer... Don't know what I should do now?!!

Oh noooo, i got checklist for the same question back on 10/1 cause my attorney left it blank on the correction form she enter 1 because is just my hubby that I'm sponsoring... I wonder if they gonna give me another checklist for this now.. Oh god officially freaking out now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.