Karee

Supreme Court allows Texas voter ID law for now

483 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ohh ok. Well the Texas legislature who was elected by the citizens of Texas decided it was cool to spend a small amount of money on offering free IDs to people who want to vote. Pretty nice of them if you ask me. I'm sure this free ID can be used for other things as well where ID is required. Cashing checks etc. etc.

What's a few bucks to make sure someone is actually legal to vote when you have an $8 billion surplus?

All the morons who believe voter fraud is irrelevant are missing the big picture. Voters need to have faith that we do not have a fraudulent voting system. Voter ID helps.

So are they planning to create cards that store biometric information that can be read by a card reader that links to a government database, or are they just printing library cards with someone's picture on?

The former isn't cheap, the latter is worthless as proof of ID.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Do you really think the voter id is free? Who pays for it?

The free ID is just to pacify the Liberals who seem to think a large percentage of their voters don't have an ID. The truth is the vast majority of people already have a state issued ID. Drivers L etc. Very few would need it.

I got a keen ID for saving Taxpayers dollars. Lot's stop rewarding generation after generation of teenage mothers to spit out kids . It's amusing democrats of all people would balk and spending a few 1000's on ID's but want to give illegals drivers L. Rofl

Timeline

So your citing something from the UK to make your case? Have anything a little closer to the mark?

Guy, I'm sure you can make the connection in your own mind between that article and a similar plan by the government in Texas. The issues aren't going to be much different.

If you are being honest, you would admit that.

All the morons who believe voter fraud is irrelevant are missing the big picture. Voters need to have faith that we do not have a fraudulent voting system. Voter ID helps.

If feeling good is what you're all about then take $300 to Vegas and get yourself laid.

The free ID is just to pacify the Liberals who seem to think a large percentage of their voters don't have an ID. The truth is the vast majority of people already have a state issued ID. Drivers L etc. Very few would need it.

You're right. I wonder how many people who haven't bothered to get id's actually put forth the effort to vote anyway. My guess is the numbers are very small.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So are they planning to create cards that store biometric information that can be read by a card reader that links to a government database, or are they just printing library cards with someone's picture on?

The former isn't cheap, the latter is worthless as proof of ID.

Ahh, a last ditch argument. The IDs are no good.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

The money is more than you think. See the article posted by Hail Ming.

Anyway, I'm in favor of an id system, so I'm also in favor of spending the money to implement it. It's the voter fraud myth that is used to push this agenda that bugs me.

That's an article citing the commies in the UK. This is 'Merica.

Timeline

Ahh, a last ditch argument. The IDs are no good.

It's a relevant and valid argument. I'm not forcing you to agree with it, however it's clear that you yourself have nothing. You just don't like the idea that it might be a flawed and ill thought out idea and that you blindly support it without having thought it through.

If the people of the state feel that voter ID is important, then it would not be wasteful spending.

If the majority of people want it, fine. It doesn't change the fact that it would be money spent on a problem that really doesn't exist.

I got a keen ID for saving Taxpayers dollars. Lot's stop rewarding generation after generation of teenage mothers to spit out kids . It's amusing democrats of all people would balk and spending a few 1000's on ID's but want to give illegals drivers L. Rofl

If this is true, why push for a national ID?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

It's a relevant and valid argument. I'm not forcing you to agree with it, however it's clear that you yourself have nothing. You just don't like the idea that it might be a flawed and ill thought out idea and that you blindly support it without having thought it through.

Yeah that's why I posted relevant links that were pertinent to the conversation. Not something from a foreign country that is totally irrelevant.

Timeline

If this is true, why push for a national ID?

We pretty much have the basis for that now with social security cards. Why not just make those photo IDs?

Timeline

Yeah that's why I posted relevant links that were pertinent to the conversation. Not something from a foreign country that is totally irrelevant.

'Because you say so' isn't a rational argument. Quite the opposite.

Timeline

'Because you say so' isn't a rational argument. Quite the opposite.

You must be reading from Gegel's ESL dictionary.