RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Aww I am bummed that I just found this forum now that the show is practically over, the only reason we have been following it was because there is a lady that has an account here on VJ that is a part of the casting that asked us to send her our story. We sent her our story and she said it was too similar to someone else's story that was already casted for the show, which ended up being Yamir and Chelsea's story (being that my husband was a musician in his home country, but played classical music and traditional chilean music, and I live in the midwest). Overall, I can say it was probably a blessing that we were not casted, he would have received a lot of attention, however, the DRAMA in that show oh my! there is WAY more drama than the first season (which we watched in order to decide if we wanted to send out our story or not).

Cant wait to see the couples together at the reunion show either though! The show's sucked me in now, but I don't think I will be watching another season.

Edited by Jaime<3Marco

(10.04.2014) AOS Package Sent

(10.08.2014) NOA-1 e-mail & text messages received
(10.14.2014) NOA-1 hard copy received in mail

(10.20.2014) Biometrics appointment notice received in mail

(10.29.2014) RFE received

(10.30.2014) Biometrics appointment

(11.03.2014) USCIS Local Office appointment

(11.13.2014) Sent RFE response

(12.19.2014) EAD/AP Approved, card being produced

(12.24.2014) EAD/AP Official approval notice received in mail

(12.29.2014) EAD/AP sent to address

(12.30.2014) EAD/AP received in the mail

(01.20.2015) Potential interview waiver notice received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

VJ alone has enough drama to start a show of clowns .

True and I suspect they're banking on that when they troll the forum looking for next season's participants. Lol

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you know them in real life? How do you get these details?! Ha.

You do have to wonder how she gets new places. Yesterday, the Norwalk court ruled in favor of their last landlord that each defendant, Dani, Mohamed and Corey, owe $842.12 plus interest and $130 reimbursement of costs. At first, I thought that maybe Dani had been paid by TLC for the show, but, no one showed up in court, and the fines/rent remain unpaid. Mohamed's demand for Dani to be fiscally responsible have fallen on deaf ears. She claims that her money problems are because of Chris Welch, the man she was in a 20 year relationship with. It's all his fault. I doubt that.

Something I notice on FB is that Dani is the only one who speaks about she and Mohamed still being married and living together. Mohamed won't touch that subject with a ten foot pole lol. He never addresses her or acknowledges her responses. In fact, he repeatedly accredits his fans for keeping him sane and happy, not his wife.

I predict that after the show, a lot of them will fall away due to lack of interest when they're not on TV any more. Some may fall off after they see next week's show that's portraying him as a villain. And, some are very uncomfortable with him remaining with Dani. I like Mohamed, but, I've never spoken with him because I deeply dislike Dani and I would have to let him know. My son Mazin used to chat with him, but, FB keeps locking him out of his account for no reason and taking down his posts, so, he's left the site. Screw FB. Had to add that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The show wants you to believe the "mail order bride" fantasy. But to be honest the average American viewer isn't likely well versed in immigration ins and outs.

av8or1 and others who have casting interviews demonstrate what we already know logically: Choosing the cast is the same thing as scripting a show with actors. It just costs less.

I have come to despise the labeling Americans use with people. These labels are chosen very carefully to either be malicious or sanctimonious, not to inform. It isn't ignorance. It's not innocent, careless mistaking. "Mail Order Bride" is a malicious de-humanizing of the woman involved and a demonization of the man. That term, directed towards my wife by anyone tells me all I need to know about their character. Anyone who chooses this term has low character for choosing a label they know is a vicious lie. They know exactly what they are doing.

Take the name of the show for example. The name 90 day fiancé went through a battery of reviews/tests against other potential names and a lot of discussion by very smart industry people in board rooms, emails etc. to make this final selection. Some variant of "mail order bride" needed to be chosen for this show. If they wanted to, they could have called the show "Love Conquers Borders" or whatever, and made touching love stories the whole point of the show. Choose ideal couples for that marketing angle.

So this name 90 day fiancé is actually very important in signaling to us what they are up to with their perception management via labeling. Obviously it is a pejorative labeling, and misleading. It makes no sense, actually - "90 day fiancé" is a non sequitur. If you wanted to call it by the correct name it would be something like "fiancé visa stories" or something similar.

For reality tv it needs to be tawdry. Something we can scoff at. Hence the misleading, pejorative show title. It is something we can make fun of easily - boy what a dumb thing to do. Jerry Springer was the first show that became really successful with that sort of thing. Not my cup of tea.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you know them in real life? How do you get these details?! Ha.

It's really easy to get accurate info about them; it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I prefer to have documentation and/or to get the info straight from them.

BTW, Dani is telling everyone that Mohamed has a green card now, and can work, but, hold on. I saw her begging for a sponsor in October, others have said they were still looking for one in November. I know they were very recently paid for the show, about 5 or 6 thousand, and that's helped them out. Mohamed is controlling the money, so they've paid off the debt from the eviction and are now living in a smaller place in Sandusky, OH, about 30 miles from Norwalk. Mohamed still has the restraining order against Dani's son, Corey. He's to be back in court for final judgment on January 6. 2015.

Dani stalks and attacks women, either personally or through surrogates, on FB for posting to Mohamed's pages. She also patrols Mohamed's pages and addresses female admirers and answers questions for him. Her page is very buttoned up and she doesn't accept most friend requests, while Mohamed allows more access. Dani's very nervous about the female attention he gets. He clearly enjoys it, but, claims to have taken down his dating profiles on other sites. On occasion, a Mullins relative will show up to complain about why all these women are posting to a married man or discussing off-limits topics, like court records or green card scams, on his page. Sister Sara wants people to lay off of Danielle and investigate Mohamed instead. Makes you wonder what she's hinting at.

Female admirers send him money which he refuses. At one point, he declared that he was leaning toward leaving the US - his brother and best friend live in Canada - which, of course, drew appeals not to leave on the US side and pleas to come over to the Canadian side. When several of the posters gave him marriage advice, he admonished them that the topic was whether he would leave, not marriage because he could leave alone. That was interesting!

Some of the other cast members, particularly Brett, Daya, Jason and Cassia, have begun a bit of a rebellion, expressing their discontent with the way they were portrayed, to the extent that they can while still under contract. They threaten to tell all once they're free to do so, probably in February. I don't blame them; the contrast between last season and this season is pretty stark, with so much more high drama being scripted in this season.

Tomorrow is the reunion show, which was shot in the second week of December. So much has happened since then.

That's all for now.

Edited by marriedimorocco

Timeline

Oh, I almost forgot this little gem posted a week ago from someone close to Mohamed and Danielle. It's been deleted since it was posted, so, I won't disclose the poster's name:

u say Danielle knows what she is doing... on what count? she brought Mohamed here and knew she did not have the funds to sponsor him, nor to apply for his work permit., could not even afford the wedding, or to keep the lights on in her house, she has a history of evictions and debts of unpaid rent... she also knew ahead of time it was unlikely her son and relatives would approve of Mohamed.. she does not even know how to hold down a regular job... so what part of it is there that she "knows what she is doing"??? she diliberately "left things out" in being honest with Mohamed... she got paid from the show recently and if Mohamed didnt take control of the finances, she would blow that too and they would be back in financial peril. she has done too many things for any man to want to continue a marriage with her. stupid is as stupid does... as in Forest Gump!!! and I could go on........

they wont get a show of their own as they wont be a couple for long...

This just in;

http://www.etonline.com/tv/155657_90_day_fiance_tell_all/

Edited by marriedimorocco

Timeline

Thanks for the input marriedimorroco, interesting stuff.

I'm in Moscow, so I won't be able to see the original airing of the reunion show, unfortunately. But hopefully someone will post it to YouTube or some other such website after it airs...

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm really interested to see the reunion show as well.

Such a disparity between season 1 & season 2. I felt in season 1 the relationships all seemed legitimate. This season, quite a few seem shaky at best.

Danielle/Mohammed - purely for a green card. Whether she's being played or cashing in, I can't be certain.

Cassia/the other guy - Just really not suited for each other. He's gonna have a pretty hard time with her IMO.

Daya/the other guy - Another guy I feel bad for. This girl is hectic. That diamond stuff was just awful. Not a fan of hers.

I thought Amy/the other guy were a nice couple, although I don't get how he just left her on her first morning to go work. Also the Colombian girl seems really awesome, but that guy is kind of a douche. How's he not gonna have his mother at his wedding?!?

/rant

I-129F @ TSC

Received - 7/3/14

NOA1 - 7/8/14

Update - 12/9/14

NOA2 - 1/26/15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I enjoyed season 1 much more.

This year they have some of the butt ugliest couples on the show.

Chelsea and Yamir are both ugly as homemade soap

Daniel if Mohammad is actually having sex with her then he deserves a GreenCard, She is disgusting

Daya and Brett, Very few fat chicks in the Philippines and why he picked that bucktoothed overweight pinay, I personally think he gay.

Cassia she average at best, If she would loose the eye liner and get back to her natural hair she might be good looking

Evelin - She is head and shoulders the best looking chick on that show.

I will watch the final episode tonight, Hopefully if the do a series next year, it will be better......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Mohammed did the deed when they first met and seemingly has not touched her since.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Mohammed did the deed when they first met and seemingly has not touched her since.

Dani seems to think he has, but, she also thinks that "acceptable" is a synonym for "beautiful". What a miserable flake she is. Even the other couples took it all in with their mouths hanging open.

Timeline

Ok so how was the reunion show? I read a review that called it boring. That review also made mention of "his boyfriend" in relation to Brett, so I was kinda confused about that. Anyone care to explain further? I couldn't find the full episode online anywhere. Thanks!

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Ok so how was the reunion show? I read a review that called it boring. That review also made mention of "his boyfriend" in relation to Brett, so I was kinda confused about that. Anyone care to explain further? I couldn't find the full episode online anywhere. Thanks!

It's on YouTube. http://youtu.be/AaviIMPdyVI