Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Will do that thanks Saylin

Being that NVC is the one that schedules the interviews, yes, you can call and find out if one's been scheduled for your case yet.

Remember, emails are delayed, so calling will always be the fastest way to find something out.

I just got off the phone with NVC, I asked them that my AOS is scanned 9.3.14 & my IV 10.6.14 that if it takes 60 days for each? The lady said they may review both together and they might take 60 for each. It all depend on them.

What I have seen on each status that have been approved that they are taking two to 3 months to review everything from the date the AOS was scanned.

Praying to God that I and everyone receives answers quickly.

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

I just got off the phone with NVC, I asked them that my AOS is scanned 9.3.14 & my IV 10.6.14 that if it takes 60 days for each? The lady said they may review both together and they might take 60 for each. It all depend on them.

What I have seen on each status that have been approved that they are taking two to 3 months to review everything from the date the AOS was scanned.

Praying to God that I and everyone receives answers quickly.

:thumbs:

I wonder how it is for the cases like mine where everything was sent in together. The probably just got of the scan date and give or take 60 days. Since there is only one scan date to deal with.

I wonder how it is for the cases like mine where everything was sent in together. The probably just got of the scan date and give or take 60 days. Since there is only one scan date to deal with.

I think they will go by the date scanned 60 days for sure maybe a little less but, with this ppl you never know. You may be lucky and get approved quick.

Cross fingers and when is your Scanned date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

hey im also waiting for cc my scan date is aug 29 , did your aos change to n/a ?

Yes, it changed on Saturday mid morning.

USCIS

12-09-2013: NOA1

05-29-2014: NOA2- I-130 Approved!!!

NVC

06-04-2014: I-130 shipped from TSC to NVC

06-13-2014: Arrived at NVC

07-01-2014: Case # and IIN assigned

07-17-2014: D-261 submitted

07-18-2014: AOS fee invoiced

07-18-2014: AOS fee paid

07-18-2014: AOS package sent (call me crazy!!!)

07-21-2014: AOS package arrived to NVC (confirmed by FedEx)

07-22-2014: AOS bill showed "Paid"

07-22-2014: AOS package scanned by NVC (originally told July 23rd, but the 60 day letter said July 22nd, confirmed by NVC)

09-02-2014: DS-261 reviewed/accepted (notified by calling NVC on 09-05-2014)

09-08-2014: IV fee invoiced/paid

08-28-2014: IV package sent

08-29-2014: IV package arrived at NVC

09-02-2014: IV package scanned by NVC

09-15-2014: AOS package reviewed/accepted

09-19-2014: DS-260 completed

10-25-2014: Case Complete! (11/1/14 would be 60 days) Confirmed by phone on 10-27-2014

10-31-2014: Interview scheduled

11-25-2014: Medical

12-01-2014: Interview

12-19-2014: Visa Received

12-29-2014: POE in Atlanta, GA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

guys i would like to ask i got my cc on the 24 of aug i was just wondering how long after the embassy get my document , would they give me my interview date my case was approve for excited to be send too my husbands embassy in guyana

Edited by love51810

guys i would like to ask i got my cc on the 24 of aug i was just wondering how long after the embassy get my document , would they give me my interview date my case was approve for excited to be send too my husbands embassy in guyana

Time to review the wiki as you're mixing up the process ;) Interview date is assigned first, and then after that, the case is sent to the consulate/embassy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Ok Im panicking, I have received a checklist cause they say my marriage certificate is not the original.

I double, triple and four, five times checked and I sent the original certificate (from Washington state) and a photocopy.

Could this be a false checklist? I am not expert on this, but a marriage certificate is a basic on this processing stuff

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey all,

I got a checklist for the second time last week wednesday. Our lawyer looked it over and say the AOS is correct. I called NVC and rep Tessa told me what the mistake was, but im looking at what we submitted and the mistake NVC claimed we made is incorrect. The AOS is correct!!!

What do i do!??? Im tryna get theu to NVC now again... Always busy no luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey all,

I got a checklist for the second time last week wednesday. Our lawyer looked it over and say the AOS is correct. I called NVC and rep Tessa told me what the mistake was, but im looking at what we submitted and the mistake NVC claimed we made is incorrect. The AOS is correct!!!

If you and your attorney know the AOS is correct, all you can do (or your attorney) is call NVC and ask for a supervisor's review because only a supervisor can really do anything about it at this point. A rep won't be able to fix anything.

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Filed: Timeline

Hey all,

Keep trying until you get through if its right its right and I would def fight it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If you and your attorney know the AOS is correct, all you can do (or your attorney) is call NVC and ask for a supervisor's review because only a supervisor can really do anything about it at this point. A rep won't be able to fix anything.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am on hold currently.

Yup, that's why I am sticking with the 23rd as well LOL

I would call...because the email can sometimes be wrong.

Have either of you seen a post regarding a math calculation to determine the date of your CC? I saw it on this thread and did it just for fun. If it's true, it would be awesome. My date range fell in between November 18-25 for a CC (based on math calculation). That would mean a January interview which would be great! BUT as the cautious person I am, in my head I'll stick with December CC and secretly hope for November instead ha-ha :)

We can be the 10/2X scan crowd I guess :lol:. You only got one email though? Why did I get two? One on Saturday (dated Saturday) and one today (dated today), but the content is exactly the same. I guess I am just special like that. My scan date could be the 23, 24, 25 or 27. :lol: I'm going with what they told my wife when she called about that whole checklist business, which is the 24. I had called the 23rd around 9pm and they didn't have anything in their system. Now if time could pass a little faster :clock:

I'm going to bite the bullet and call in the morning tomorrow. Might as well get the information (right or wrong) from the horses mouth ;)

And just to let you know, I got 2 e-mails - One on Saturday and the other today. This is only to state that they have received my package (same e-mail). Let's see what the magic 8 ball (aka NVC) tells me tomorrow. :jest:

And I didn't do the math calculation - it seems too good to be true to be in November - with the rate that it's going it doesn't look like they'll cover September in that time span. Sorry...I guess I'm Debby Downer of the group :blush:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi saylin,

I have a question re medical. I read your wiki as quoted below:

"...there are a few countries (like the Philippines, for example) that allow advance medicals (ie: you can get the medical done as soon as you have the first piece of correspondence from NVC, instead of waiting for an interview date to be assigned)..."

What do you mean by 1st piece of correspondence? My latest correspondence from nvc was the 60day letter. Will that suffice to schedule medical? Because i called the accredited clinic here in the philippines and asked if i can take my medical even though i do not have an interview letter yet (but, i was not able to tell them that i'm just waiting for my case to be completed by nvc and already got the 60days email). Then the lady

(I do not know her position in the clinic, maybe an operator or concierge, told me that it is better to wait for interview letter because if not they will call embassy to ask if i really need to have an exam taken ahead of time without interview letter.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.