Soloenta

The NVC October Moral Support/Ranting Thread

1,609 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

But it looks as thought you're moving to Chicago? Chicago is wonderful. It was my home for a few years (well, Chicago and the suburbs). I miss it so much.

Moving is difficult, especially away from family and friends. Those family and friends always be there though and we are so lucky to live at a time when we can call anywhere in the world at any time. I found it quite an adjustment when I first moved to the US but I soon made really good friends there. I agree though, I sometimes wish the US and UK would just merge together and eliminate the ocean in between :idea:

Yeah we going to live in the city ... My husband says I would like it there .

You are right ! Thank god for technology ... My mom used to write letters n wait for weeks to get a reply and only could call once a month as it was very expensive .

Is it 8 hours from the uk to the east coast? I haven't decided weather I should take a direct flight which is 13 hours or have a stop in London which is a 5 hours flight then London Chicago .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey all,

I need advice! My i-130 was approved in March 12 2014. By the time we got our case number from NVC, paid the fees and what not came June and we submitted supporting docs Long with AOS. We hired a lawyer. The lawyer screwed us over and we got checklisted in Aug for AOS. Then we resent the AOS with corrections. Our scan date was Auf 27. On Oct 23 i got checklist again! The lawyers paralegal left part 6 item 10 blank!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo furious! I called NVC and so did my hubby, the rep told us it was a silly mistake and while correcting previous checklist item 13 a mistake was made. She asked us if we wanted to take the lawyer off the case bc of the mistake; she was shocked. Anyways, since Oct 23 my husband and I are trying to fix things and the lawyer is not cooperating. He is refusing to meet up with my hubby in NY to talk and look over the AOS. He has been ignoring all phone calls and emails. What should we do? Take him off the case and get another lawyer or just submit the corrected AOS ourselves????? My IV documents were approved the last time in Aug, my hubby AOS was approved last week, only my joint sponsor (MIL) corrected AOS needs to be mailed. I am sooo stressed right now and my poor hubby is struggling too :(

Please someone help me :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I need advice! My i-130 was approved in March 12 2014. By the time we got our case number from NVC, paid the fees and what not came June and we submitted supporting docs Long with AOS. We hired a lawyer. The lawyer screwed us over and we got checklisted in Aug for AOS. Then we resent the AOS with corrections. Our scan date was Auf 27. On Oct 23 i got checklist again! The lawyers paralegal left part 6 item 10 blank!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo furious! I called NVC and so did my hubby, the rep told us it was a silly mistake and while correcting previous checklist item 13 a mistake was made. She asked us if we wanted to take the lawyer off the case bc of the mistake; she was shocked. Anyways, since Oct 23 my husband and I are trying to fix things and the lawyer is not cooperating. He is refusing to meet up with my hubby in NY to talk and look over the AOS. He has been ignoring all phone calls and emails. What should we do? Take him off the case and get another lawyer or just submit the corrected AOS ourselves????? My IV documents were approved the last time in Aug, my hubby AOS was approved last week, only my joint sponsor (MIL) corrected AOS needs to be mailed. I am sooo stressed right now and my poor hubby is struggling too :(

Your NOA1 is April, 2013!!?? :wow: That may be the longest wait time I've ever seen! :cry:

I'd fire the lawyer and send the corrected AOS form by myself if I were you. :idea:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey all,

Please someone help me :(

My personal opinion, I would remove the lawyer and send in the corrections myself. Although they have made the mistake, he is not owning up to it. He doesn't want to be held accountable it seems. I would demand to have my money refunded as well, since he caused you a delay twice. Also, please speak with a supervisor and see if they can let you take the corrections to the interview since the second time around, you missed something that was already there in the first place.

Soloenta posted nvc's directors number here on the thread, have your husband call him and see if a solution can be sought out.

Yeah we going to live in the city ... My husband says I would like it there .

You are right ! Thank god for technology ... My mom used to write letters n wait for weeks to get a reply and only could call once a month as it was very expensive .

Is it 8 hours from the uk to the east coast? I haven't decided weather I should take a direct flight which is 13 hours or have a stop in London which is a 5 hours flight then London Chicago .

The city is beautiful. Lake Michigan is wonderful. Not to mention the food!!! :-) Just be prepared to freeeeeze in the winters and boil in the summer. Haha.

It is usually 8-9 hours from London to Chicago. 13 hours sounds so long! It depends though... Sometimes I like to stop so I can eat good food and stretch my legs but now i'm always flying with a child I prefer non-stop. At least non-stop you can settle in, sleep (if you're able) and relax. I'd probably just go with the cheapest though :dancing:

Where in Chicago will you be living?

Second IR-1 Green Card journey

06/04/2014 - sent I-130

06/11/2014 - case received at Chicago Lockbox

06/16/2014 - case sent to Nebraska Service Centre

06/18/2014 - expedite requested

06/24/2014 - received e-mail from NSC that expedite is being considered

07/10/2014 - I-130 approved

07/17/2014 - approved case sent to NVC

08/11/2014 - expedite requested

08/12/2014 - NVC case number assigned (no IIN)

08/13/2014 - IIN received by email while on hold to NVC

08/13/2014 - DS-261 submitted

08/14/2014 - AOS fee billed

08/15/2014 - AOS fee paid

08/18/2014 - expedite denied :-(

08/27/2014 - Sent AOS and IV package

09/02/2014 - USPS shows package delivered

09/03/2014 - AOS and IV scan date

09/08/2014 - email from NVC stating to wait 60 days for review

09/17/2014 - IV fee invoiced (invoice date of 09/15/2014, therefore 33 days since submitting DS-261)

09/19/2014 - IV fee paid

09/22/2014 - IV fee shows "paid". DS-260 became available.

09/24/2014 - DS-260 completed.

10/28/2014 - AOS Checklist. Checking/savings account verification requested, despite joint-sponsor's AOS package being accepted. Told to send in letter to disregard checking/savings account in the application. Checklist states 60 BUSINESS days to review. :cry:

11/05/2014 - Letter sent to NVC requesting them to disregard checking/savings account.

11/13/2014 - AOS Checklist scan date.

01/07/2015 - Case Complete!!!

01/15/2015 - Interview scheduled for Feb 9!

02/09/2015 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

02/10/2015 - Visa Issued

02/12/2015 - Visa handed over to courier

02/13/2015 - Visa delivered at 8am

02/22/2015 - POE (Orlando, FL)

Timeline

The city is beautiful. Lake Michigan is wonderful. Not to mention the food!!! :-) Just be prepared to freeeeeze in the winters and boil in the summer. Haha.

It is usually 8-9 hours from London to Chicago. 13 hours sounds so long! It depends though... Sometimes I like to stop so I can eat good food and stretch my legs but now i'm always flying with a child I prefer non-stop. At least non-stop you can settle in, sleep (if you're able) and relax. I'd probably just go with the cheapest though :dancing:

Where in Chicago will you be living?

The weather shouldn't be problem as it's super hot here in Jordan and I pretty much survived Moscow's cruel winter temps !

Yeah I think non stop is better especially if you have a child :)

I am not sure of the spelling but it's something like bucktown ?!

Timeline

Your NOA1 is April, 2013!!?? :wow: That may be the longest wait time I've ever seen! :cry:

I'd fire the lawyer and send the corrected AOS form by myself if I were you. :idea:

Yes! April 4 2013!!!! I know right thats exactly what im telling my hubby!!!! Thank you for your response. I am copying and pasting your response and emailing it to him ?

Timeline

My personal opinion, I would remove the lawyer and send in the corrections myself. Although they have made the mistake, he is not owning up to it. He doesn't want to be held accountable it seems. I would demand to have my money refunded as well, since he caused you a delay twice. Also, please speak with a supervisor and see if they can let you take the corrections to the interview since the second time around, you missed something that was already there in the first place.

Soloenta posted nvc's directors number here on the thread, have your husband call him and see if a solution can be sought out.

Thank you for your response. Yes he isn't owning up to anything. I bombarded his and his paralegals email and then they both applied. I was pissed. I pointed out their stupidity and he has the audacity to tell me he wasn't careless and other bs!!!! I didn't even bother responding to such incompetence. Actually thinking of reporting him to the bar!!!

I will def tell my husband to call and see what can be done. I will try to find the number in the thread. Soloenta if you see this can you reply with the number??! Thanks a bunch <3

The weather shouldn't be problem as it's super hot here in Jordan and I pretty much survived Moscow's cruel winter temps !

Yeah I think non stop is better especially if you have a child :)

I am not sure of the spelling but it's something like bucktown ?!

Bucktown is awesome! I used to live one stop down on the Blue Line (L-train) in Logan Square. It's close to downtown and has all you need. There's a Potbelly's sandwich place and a really good Thai restaurant, among many others -- can you tell i'm hungry tonight? Haha. You will love it. I'm excited for you.

It sounds like you'll be fine with the weather. I am moving to Florida when I go back and it will be a total shock to me.

06/04/2014 - sent I-130

09/17/2014 - IV fee invoiced (invoice date of 09/15/2014, therefore 33 days since submitting DS-261)

09/19/2014 - IV fee paid

10/28/2014 - AOS Checklist. Checking/savings account verification requested, despite joint-sponsor's AOS package being accepted. Told to send in letter to disregard checking/savings account in the application. Checklist states 60 BUSINESS days to review. :cry:

11/05/2014 - Letter sent to NVC requesting them to disregard checking/savings account.

02/10/2015 - Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You may get a CC in two weeks so you can sit tight for now.

I know Saylin suggests that we call NVC often, but I avoided calling NVC unless I had to.

Double celebration!

It may be a false checklist.

You can copy and paste your checklist on here so someone can tell if it's a false checklist or actual checklist. :wacko:

BTW, your NOA1 is May, 2013!?

I think 10% of filers get really lucky (expedite / auto-expedite), 80% of them get processed at an average speed, and the other 10% get really unlucky (delays, RFE, checklists, documents go missing, etc.).

However, the biggest factor is probably when you send your I-130 application.

You were still up at 5AM!? :wow: Playing video games or watching movies on Netflix? :content:

No, staring at the computer and watching Youtube, Big Bang Theory, which they had full episodes. :( I did sleep some. :)

Samreen, rommi and soloenta ????? I feel like dying been fighting with NVC for ever I had applied i130 before and my had his interview in Islamabad they asked for more paper at the interview and he went back after a almost month they last all his paper work I Meagan everything his original everything we contact NVC I asked my senator so finally I had to hire a attorney since then he has been helping me he tried every single government office to locate the file but no one had answer for us so the lawyer suggested to defile and which we did last year in may and still nothing I got checklists my affidavit got some wrong info which I don't understand how it happened????? cried all night one thing after another

Oh dear heart, I'm so very sorry I can't believe they give these people so much power over us there has to be a recourse to this madness it can't be they can do what ever they wish. Were are our rights, our right to pursue happiness? Something must be done about this, it can't continue the way it is.

Have you tried to make an appointment with immigration in your area and talk to them face to face? God willing this will make them see they are dealing with a living being. I'll be praying on my side that you get the justice you deserve. :(t5063.gif

No interview date yet ... Getting mixed feeling of excitement and anxiety . Some many things to be done like packing things up giving stuff away , get my bay cat ready to travel and get his doc in order. ..etc but not having an actual date still makes me feel like it's unreal and that in not going to move out of my lovely family house that I have lived in for 25 years , and saying goodbye to family and best friends that I see every day ever since we were little babies :( bitter sweet . Starting a whole new life in a new place ... Talk about being way out of my element !

It has to be the most difficult thing of all and I'm happy this is not my case. I don't think I could do it! Don't worry about the interview date I have seen everyone stressing over it and they get it in due time. t5063.gif

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

Bucktown is awesome! I used to live one stop down on the Blue Line (L-train) in Logan Square. It's close to downtown and has all you need. There's a Potbelly's sandwich place and a really good Thai restaurant, among many others -- can you tell i'm hungry tonight? Haha. You will love it. I'm excited for you.

It sounds like you'll be fine with the weather. I am moving to Florida when I go back and it will be a total shock to me.

I'm glad to hear that's a good place thank you ! Ohh you r not the only one hungry here lol oh god this staying up late thing is making me snack like crazy! It's weird thought I went from not eating hardly anything and dropping to less than a 100 pounds and no I feel hungry alllll the time!!!!!!

My best friend lived in Florida for a while and she liked it ! I like tropical like places ... Hoping you will like it there and finally start a immigration free life ! Amin to that :)

Hi Austin

You are exactly right. That is what happened. I sent an email. It took them six weeks to answer it and then used this as a scanned piece of mail. I have been crying all day and it is SO unlike me. I need to brush myself off and move forward. Will start counting the days again. All I want to be is out of NVC.

I think this is exactly what happened with our DS-261. We submitted it on May 30th, but then we got an email response on June 17th about how they misspelt my name in their welcome email. When they started sending out those 60 day letters, it said they received documents from us on June 17 :/ probably explained why we waited so long!

Weirdly enough, we got another email from them in September some time in response to an email I sent in July begging them for the IV invoice. Our scan date still stayed as August 15th though. Very inconsistent and shoddy practice... how come sometimes their system sees their own friggin emails as "mail pieces" then other times they don't?

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Samreen, rommi and soloenta ????? I feel like dying been fighting with NVC for ever I had applied i130 before and my had his interview in Islamabad they asked for more paper at the interview and he went back after a almost month they last all his paper work I Meagan everything his original everything we contact NVC I asked my senator so finally I had to hire a attorney since then he has been helping me he tried every single government office to locate the file but no one had answer for us so the lawyer suggested to defile and which we did last year in may and still nothing I got checklists my affidavit got some wrong info which I don't understand how it happened????? cried all night one thing after another

I hate Multi Quote sometimes while posting it goes poof like it did a few seconds ago. :(I'm so sorry about this, it's beyond torture and it's unfair and criminal what they are allowed to do. Have you made an appointment to an immigration office near you? It might be a good idea to do so they can see your living human being. I'll be praying for you! t5063.gif

I wouldn't want to move anywhere well except for Italy and Greece.. i had a great job , all my lovely people but only my love was more than 6000 + miles away ! I think it runs in our family mom did the same thing and moved to Jordan to be with dad :)

Can we move the us a bit closer ?

I hate the heat, Italy sounds great but Greece would kill me. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be either Quito Ecuador or Northern California beautiful weather, Quito is known as the city of eternal Spring. :)t4582.gif

My mother tried to run over my father when he told her they would be staying in the USA hahahhahaha she made him pull over and get out and my father was 6 ft tall and my mother shy of 5 ft but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she'll kill me if I don't say she's 5 ft tall hahaha :rofl: :rofl: I hadn't been born then but my mother returned to give birth to me in

Ecuador. :D Feisty little thing!

Almost forgot if I may ask, where is your mother from?

Edited by Soloenta

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

I'm glad to hear that's a good place thank you ! Ohh you r not the only one hungry here lol oh god this staying up late thing is making me snack like crazy! It's weird thought I went from not eating hardly anything and dropping to less than a 100 pounds and no I feel hungry alllll the time!!!!!!

My best friend lived in Florida for a while and she liked it ! I like tropical like places ... Hoping you will like it there and finally start a immigration free life ! Amin to that :)

It really is. I felt safe there and it's so easy to get around. I really miss it and all of the wonderful friends I made there. As we still have family there i'm sure I will be in Chicago as much as possible. Make sure you take the boat tours. There's also a water taxi that goes along the river. It's really cheap and such a nice ride.

And thank you, dear. I am so ready to be free of immigration issues. I certainly won't be moving again until I get citizenship. I have been to Florida a couple of times and drove across most of it. It is lovely. We will be in Sarasota, which looks perfect! The heat is going to be weird for me year round though. I've been taking in the autumn scenery this week and spending time with my horses before once again saying goodbye.

My weight is constantly up and down. I remember the days of weighing 100lbs, I'm hoping I get back to it before moving to Florida. I probably won't though as all I want at the moment is chocolate. Haha.

I hope you get your interview date soon so you can start your new adventure (F)

06/04/2014 - sent I-130

09/19/2014 - IV fee paid

02/10/2015 - Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.