nikadelosreyes

I-129F hes not the biological father but he acknowledge the child

35 posts in this topic

My wife's sister and her sisters daughter are from the Philippines as well as my wife. My wife's sister came to the USA about 10 years ago without her daughter and then brought her daughter here about 5 years ago when her daughter was 16 y.o. Her daughters father was never in the picture from birth. I don't believe she had to obtain permission from her daughters father because her daughter was raised without the father ever being in the picture. In fact, her daughters last name is the same as her mothers family name. You need to find out what you need to do to obtain permission from the Philippine government. Besides, it will cost you much less than needing to do a DNA test that will prove that your Fiancee is not the father. The last thing you want to do is lie about anything. It will backfire on you. The US gov just cares about honesty. You lie, and get caught, the US gov may give you a lifetime ban to the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Using your probable conception date was your fiancé anywhere near you at the time? Immigration aren't fools if he wasn't in country at that time they won't even need DNA to charge both of you with immigration fraud and ban all involved non USC's from the US. You don't want to get accused of fraud.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Duplicate thread removed; please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

Tell your lovely man that if he really wants all of you to the US then don't risk or lying...if the DNA test is done, and turns out you guys lied, then it doesn't matter at that point if you guys tell the truth. The damage is done, you guys already lied, hence you and your son can get a lifetime ban from the US. So unless your dear one is more than excited to immigrate to the Phillipines, don't lie! Find out what needs to be done to have this done the honest way and do it. Might take time, but honesty worth more, even if it is a longer process. You choose.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Another thing to keep in mind, I kind of mentioned this earlier but I want to make sure you understand fully. The child is not entitled to US citizenship. If you somehow succeed in obtaining it he can lose his citizenship (which he was not entitled to) at any time and be deported from the US. This can happen when he is five years old or fifty years old. He is not and never will be entitled to US citizenship by virtue of being born to a US citizen (since he wasn't). Better to be honest now than to have to explain to him in the future why he is being sent back to live in a country he never really knew because mom and dad lied on his paperwork.

Tell your fiance that lying to the US government is NOT a good idea.

It could keep you from coming to the USA.

In the Philippines if you were not married at the time of the child's birth to the child's birth father, you have sole custody and do not need anything more.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

I am not married. The problem is he signed in the birth certificate of my child even he is not the biological father. Now the us government will assume the he is a biological child since we are not married yet they will request for paternity test we both know that he is not the father if the government get the result he told me thats the time we tell the truth. I suggest to correct the surname of my child using my surname without middle name but he said no need we just need to tell the truth sighs im tired to repeatedly explain this matter to him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well you need to keep telling him, no matter how closed minded he is, he should know his own country and how they take to fraud.

Ask him to call a lawyer in US himself so he can hear it from someone other then you, some with legal knowledge.

He needs to realise that this is a matter of if you can be a family or not, no maybes and if you do get accused of fraud you won't be allowed in to US at all.

It will take him 5 minutes to speak to a llawyer.

That birth cert needs to be changed and if you have sent of a petition already you need to find out what you can do. As the damage has already started.

I don't want to make you feel bad at all but I know how much being a family means to us all as we are all there going through it and stubbornness or ego have to go out the window and he needs to do things legally and correct.

Immediately get his name removed from all the child's records and go about the visa process the legal way. If you think about it, this can be used against you since it is an actual crime. Please protect yourself and correct this mistake asap.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He is being hard because he is trying to be cheap. If the baby is his then he doesn't have to commit to an affidavit of support, he can apply for welfare for the child. The fact the man wants to lie to the US government and commit fraud shows you what kind of soul this man has and is a warning to you that you should run the other way.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry, but your close minded fiancé just created a mess for you. YOU are the one in the interview that will have to deal with these questions. He won't get a chance to speak to them about 'acknowledging" the child but is putting all of this on your shoulders. That, to me, is totally unfair.

He'll only tell the truth if he gets caught? Seriously?

Take control, have the birth certificate change (I assume you can do that? Do you need your fiancé to be there? I don't know) and go into the interview confident that no fraud is taking place.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Edited by Elleanor

K1 FIANCEE VISA

06-28-2014 sent 129f

07-03-2014 NOA1 LETTER

08-06-2014 text message RFE

08-11-2014 RFE LETTER(letter of intent to marry)

08-21-2014 TSC received RFE response (changed status to rfe response review)

09-05-2014 NOA2 ..

09-11-2014 NOA2 LETTER ( approval)

09-12-2014 USCIS updated they shipped our 129f to NVC,

09-22-2014 MNL## from NVC thru phone

09-25-2014 129F ( IN TRANSIT )

09-28-2014 NVC LETTER

09-29-2014 CEAC status to "READY"

10-17-2014 MEDDICAL

11-04-2014 INTERVIEW (approved)

11-14-2014 VISA

12-06-1024 POE JFK

AOS,EAD,AP

-02/28/2015 sent AOS,EAD,AP via USPS

-02/02/2015 Chicago,IL (delivered)

-03/10/2015 Receive text messages for receipt. (aos,ead,ap)

-03/16/2015 Receipt letter received from the mail. notice date was 03/10

-03/25/2015 rfe text

-03/20/2015 Received biometric letter from the mail

-04/02/2015 Biometric

-04/03/2015 rfe received from the mail

-04/10/2015 rfe mailed

-04/13/2015 rfe delivered

-04/05/2015 Rfe response review update on USCIS website said I will receive decision till June 14,2015

-05/19/2015 EAD "card was ordered to produce"

-05/19/2015 AP "case was approved"

-05/26/2015 "approval letter for AP and EAD received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

He is close minded. I leave everything up to him. Sighs

Well, then be prepared to have any visa denied or at worst if you do make it to the US, to be deported back and face a possible lifetime ban (both you and the child).

Your guy is toying with your future (not his); maybe a heart to heart talk is due?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.