2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zuheidi88 said:

Any updates on I-601 and 212, July 2016 filers 🙏

Currently the processing date at NSC for I-601 is July 2, 2016 and for I-212 is July 26 2016. Meaning they are currently working on July 2016 cases. What buffles me is that there are still more June 2016 cases to process. My I601/I212 case for instance is June 13, 2016 and has still not been prossesed.

This process is daunting but I do pray that we all get approvals for our cases soon🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/19/2017 at 3:16 AM, Zuheidi88 said:

Any updates on I-601 and 212, July 2016 filers 🙏

Hey fellow Mexican I-601 filler, me and my wife just recently got the exciting news from our attorney that our waiver was approved! One day before it would have been exactly one year since we filled it, we got our received notice on July 18, 2016, and our attorney sent us yesterday an email with the attached acceptance for the waiver with a date of July 17, 2016.

However on the uscis website it does not reflect the acceptance yet, so I wonder if whoever does their updates maybe isn't updating the website which is weird, I figured it'd be an automated system.  Regardless tomorrow I am calling USCIS to see why the website doesn't show an update as well as to ask about the package for the appointment as from what i've seen online normally it takes about a week or 4 days average to get the package in the mail.  Ours had an acceptance date of July 17th and that was last monday so thats weird.

Met____________:2011-01-10

Started Dating___:2011-02-14 [valentines day i know lol]

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage _______: 2014-04-05

I-130 Sent ______: 2014-04-28

I-130 NOA1 _____: 2014-05-26

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : _2014-09-28

=============

NVC Received :

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

I know I forgot to write in the other dates, but we got emails and didn't know which went where...

Interview date: 2015-12-29

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello I'm a newbie here.

Found out this forum while trying to check how long the waiver I-601 is processes before the final decision.

I had my first interview with the embassy in November 2016 and got refused due to section 212(a)(6)(C)(i). After that I have my attorney file form i-601 with received date Mar 2017 and found out today that they only process the document received up to July 2016. another waiting after visa bulletin.

However, i do have one concern which after my interview with the embassy. I was under the impression that my case should become active again with the embassy within 12 months. It seems that the waiver process is now taking longer than that. Will my Immigrant visa case dismiss?

Thanks for all the answer.

Cheers up to everyone including myself. I had been waiting since 2009

Timeline
9 hours ago, holaguide said:

Hello I'm a newbie here.

Found out this forum while trying to check how long the waiver I-601 is processes before the final decision.

I had my first interview with the embassy in November 2016 and got refused due to section 212(a)(6)(C)(i). After that I have my attorney file form i-601 with received date Mar 2017 and found out today that they only process the document received up to July 2016. another waiting after visa bulletin.

However, i do have one concern which after my interview with the embassy. I was under the impression that my case should become active again with the embassy within 12 months. It seems that the waiver process is now taking longer than that. Will my Immigrant visa case dismiss?

Since I-601 cases is currently taking between 10-12 months to be processed, expect your case to be processed not later than March 2018. If you are lucky and USCIS starts processing cases faster then your case might be processed sooner than expected. All you can do now is to wait, keep your fingers crossed and pray that your case doesn't take more than a year to be adjudicated like some of us here has to endure.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Zuheidi88 said:

Any updates on I-601 and 212 for NSC filers from July 2016. Been waiting for a year and 12 days now, 

As you may or may not be aware, the NSC is currently working on July 2016 for I-601/I-212 so just hold on a bit. I'm sure your case will be processed soon. 

I am a June filer for I-601/I-212 and I am still waiting for my case to be adjudicated. I have sent a few case enquirers and the responses are varied. USCIS always tell me that my case is in line to be adjudicated so I should wait a little bit like I haven't waited enough already. But they said they had to do some additional reviews on my case and this has caused a longer processing time so I guess maybe my case is too complex for the adjudicator🤔. Anyways I guess we all have different cases with different complexity levels so some cases might be processed faster than others. 

As this point I will advice that we all keep our fingers crossed and keep praying for the Lord is still in the miracle business. He hears our prayers and will act on our behaves when the time is right. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you Mach001, you sound very positive and hopeful, I'm the same way, but we been waiting for 5 yrs, because in 2012 he was falsely denied the agent that was interviewing him was a b***h, He kept asking my husband if he did any drugs and my husband kept saying no, then the agent kept asking have you been in jail or involved in a criminal organization, my husband said no, so he went back to the same question "have you done drugs?" more than 10 times. When the agent said last question he asked the same one, and my husband said " No I have never done it nor tried it," the agent said are you sure??, my husband was confused and replied "yes I'm sure, and I am 100% I have never." The agent chuckled and wrote something down, my husband asked him"do you want me to say yes, to a question I kept saying no to??". And that was it his been there for 5 yrs. So when we went back in 2016 for his interview, the agent he had was a female, and my husband said that when she walked in the room she asked him, "why are you here?, weren't you here in 2012?? ", my husband replied yes I been here 5 yrs, and still waiting, so the agent asked him what had happened that his been there that long, he explained, she was not happy to hear what she had heard she got upset and said "I apologies, no agent has to ask no more than once the same question, and the fact that he smirked was very unprofessional, I will see what he wrote down on the files of 2012." She left for about 30 to 35 minutes came back and showed my husband what the agent of 2012 had wrote. They were both shocked at what was there, my husband said there was a full blank page with 7 words saying " he is involved in a criminal organization", the agent looked at him and said I am so sorry you been here this long wasting time, when you should have been with your family.". When they were done she told him to wait for the DHL, so we went back home to Mexicali, and waited for a response so we did and it came saying we have to sent waiver so we sent it we been waiting since. 

Timeline

Hello, as you all know by now, I am a June 2016 filer for both I601/I212 and I am currently still waiting to get adjudicated. Since the process is getting longer and very frustrating each day that goes by, My wife and I decided to play one final trick in the book. That is involve the Senators from her state to follow up on the case for us.

If I'm not mistaken, every state has 2 Senators. You can go to http://www.senate.gov/states/# and find the Senators for your state and go to their website. Either one or both Senators can help with checking with USCIS on delayed cases. So if your case is out of processing time and you have been waiting more than a year like mine, you can get your Senators involved if you haven't already done so. Also let not forget to continue to pray and wait on the Lord🙏🏾.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I had to call uscis to see what was going on with the waiver, and they said that are waiver was approved we just have to Waite for DOS to send packet to schedual appt, how long does that take been waiting for 381 days. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, holaguide said:

Hello I'm a newbie here.

In the meantime you can notify the embassy by email that you have filed the I-601 and are awiting USCIS decision.  You can also ask them to extend your K1 application during this time.  That's what I did.  I dont know if its necessary but it made me feel better to let the embassy know what is going on.  You can review my timeline.

2 hours ago, Zuheidi88 said:

Hi, I had to call uscis to see what was going on with the waiver, and they said that are waiver was approved we just have to Waite for DOS to send packet to schedual appt, how long does that take been waiting for 381 days. 

It really depends on the embassy.  Some work faster than others,  From what I have seen Mexico usually works fairly quick.  Give them at least 2-4 weeks after approval to receive that info from USCIS and prepare your second interview.  It won't be long now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, Here is our story. (Well, my mother in laws)

She had her interview last year in July at ciudad Juarez. She was denied and got banned 10 years but they told her she could apply for the 1601 waiver. We submitted that right away and got a receipt date of August 2 2016. Thankfully, I know a lot of people from previous months are still waiting, but she was approved about 2 weeks ago. A week after we got her approval letter, she received the instructions. 

On the instructions letter it says  to schedule a follow up appointment, but I am unable to. The lady (not a lawyer) that was supposedly helping her with her case, told her that the consulate has no appointments in the near future so she was to wait to see when the consulate assigns her a date. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

By the way, my heart goes out to everyone here! My husband and I went through this process a few years ago and he was in Mexico for over a year. I never wanted to hear anything about immigration ever again. But now, we are going through something similar with his mom :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, diazE said:

Hello everyone, Here is our story. (Well, my mother in laws)

She had her interview last year in July at ciudad Juarez. She was denied and got banned 10 years but they told her she could apply for the 1601 waiver. We submitted that right away and got a receipt date of August 2 2016. Thankfully, I know a lot of people from previous months are still waiting, but she was approved about 2 weeks ago. A week after we got her approval letter, she received the instructions. 

On the instructions letter it says  to schedule a follow up appointment, but I am unable to. The lady (not a lawyer) that was supposedly helping her with her case, told her that the consulate has no appointments in the near future so she was to wait to see when the consulate assigns her a date. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

By the way, my heart goes out to everyone here! My husband and I went through this process a few years ago and he was in Mexico for over a year. I never wanted to hear anything about immigration ever again. But now, we are going through something similar with his mom :-(

It seems for Cuidad Jaurez the wait is much longer than in other embassies. Keep checking, calling that dates may open up for October soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 5:33 AM, Mach001 said:

Hello, as you all know by now, I am a June 2016 filer for both I601/I212 and I am currently still waiting to get adjudicated. Since the process is getting longer and very frustrating each day that goes by, My wife and I decided to play one final trick in the book. That is involve the Senators from her state to follow up on the case for us.

If I'm not mistaken, every state has 2 Senators. You can go to http://www.senate.gov/states/# and find the Senators for your state and go to their website. Either one or both Senators can help with checking with USCIS on delayed cases. So if your case is out of processing time and you have been waiting more than a year like mine, you can get your Senators involved if you haven't already done so. Also let not forget to continue to pray and wait on the Lord🙏🏾.

i601/212 always take longer :( than just i601 alone. yes, get your senator or congressman involved! our congressman helped much more than our senator for our i130, hang in there they are extremely behind

meet Sept 2008 in Chicago
He left back to Palestine Aug 2010
I went to Palestine May 30,2012
6/13/2012 Married in Palestine
7/04/2012 arrived back in Chicago
7/25/2012 mailed in I-130
7/26/2012 NOA 1 arrived. to be serviced in California
3/3/2013 our baby was born !!!!

6/17/2013 Case transferred to Local city

11/13/2013 interview at Chicago

1/27/2014 RFE DNA test

3/7/2014 RFE completed and mailed in

5/12/2014 **I-130 APPROVED** !! 652 days

6/3/2014 NVC received case

7/11/2014 choice of agent signed

7/19/2014 pay AOS bill, send aos packet

7/22/2014 NVC received AOS papers

8/20/2014 send IV packet

8/25/2014 NVC received IV papers

8/27/2014 pay IV bill

9/9/2014 DS-260 completed

9/15/2014 AOS checklist

9/24/2014 NVC scanned aos

10/29/2014 "paid" turned to "n/a"

10/31/2014 called NVC and confirmed case complete

11/4/2014 email with interview scheduled

12/15/2014 INTERVIEW

02/20/2015 I-601 waiver received @ Nebraska

07/14/2015 I-601 waiver APPROVED

8/10/2015 ceac changed from refused to ready

8/12/2015 visa was issued !!!!!!

8/25/2015 POE Chicago, no questions asked about waiver

ME an my husband are getting ready to go through this process.  We recently had our interview at the embassy in Trinidad. I only flew down to support him during his interview but got called to the back for questioning.  We were told that the marriage is not valid or not enough proof because we could not answer some questions correctly. Crazy questions smh bc clearly I don't live with my husband I visit as often as I could.  It was just crazy and the lady had a bad attitude.. but as a US Citizen I should not have been treated that way bc my taxes pay her salary... but anyway...so we have to submit some information showing the validity of our marriage and then do the 601 waiver.. one of the things she told my husband was that he wasn't going to get his visa no time soon....and if the processing time is 10-12 months she was right and  I cant stomach to tell him this. truly heart breaking :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.