2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, if it has been more than a year, documents have to be gathered once more. my husband has his appt, feb 20, and I have documents ready 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, BrukStefy said:

Congrats let us know the outcome of the interview

My i212/i601 waiver was approved Nov 2017 after almost 15 months of waiting. I went for my follow up interview on Jan 8th 2018 at the Ghana US consulate.

I took with me affidavits of Support (full form), police certificate, medical report and I also completed DS-260.

My Visa was approved at the interview and my passport is with the Consulate now. I’m currently waiting for my Visa to be issued by the Consulate so I can go pick it up with my passport. 

Is been almost 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting. I didn’t know even after Visa has been approved, I would have to still going through this long waiting game. 

I’m still praying and waiting and God willing my Visa will be issued soon. 

Lets not give up hope, let’s continue to pray and the Lord will always come through for us🙏🏾🙏🏾

1 hour ago, Mach001 said:

My i212/i601 waiver was approved Nov 2017 after almost 15 months of waiting. I went for my follow up interview on Jan 8th 2018 at the Ghana US consulate.

I took with me affidavits of Support (full form), police certificate, medical report and I also completed DS-260.

My Visa was approved at the interview and my passport is with the Consulate now. I’m currently waiting for my Visa to be issued by the Consulate so I can go pick it up with my passport. 

Is been almost 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting. I didn’t know even after Visa has been approved, I would have to still going through this long waiting game. 

I’m still praying and waiting and God willing my Visa will be issued soon. 

Lets not give up hope, let’s continue to pray and the Lord will always come through for us🙏🏾🙏🏾

Congrats and i pray you get the visa on hand in due time. 

I think they are just preparing the paperwork needed to complete your process when you get here and that usually takes a month i think. When i went through the immigrant process years back it took a month exactly for my visa and immigrant package to get ready and in my hands.

Please what date did you submit you waiver?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Franco007 said:

Congrats and i pray you get the visa on hand in due time. 

I think they are just preparing the paperwork needed to complete your process when you get here and that usually takes a month i think. When i went through the immigrant process years back it took a month exactly for my visa and immigrant package to get ready and in my hands.

Please what date did you submit you waiver?

I submitted my waiver June 2016 and it was approved Nov 2017. 

Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 7:13 PM, Lrxify said:

There is no waiver interview. You get your waiver approval by mail and the consulate sends you an email at the same time letting you know to go ahead and schedule your follow up interview. The interview is scheduled for 2 to 3 weeks later. Keep in mind that when you go for the follow up interview the consul already knows that your waiver is approved. Therefore the interview is very easy and fast, basically he/she asks a few basic questions about you and who is petitioning you. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, 5 minutes later the consul will tell you that you're approved and give you your letter so you can go ahead and pay for your green card online. It is natural to feel nervous but this is the easiest step of them all. Good luck, you're almost here in the US.

How long did it take you to get your Visa Issued and for you to get your passport after your Visa was approved at your follow up interview?

I had my follow up interview on Jan 8th 2018 and my Visa was approved. My passport is still with the consulate and is been almost 2 weeks since the interview and I’m still waiting. I was told I will get a text/email notification when the passport/visa is ready for pickup.

19 hours ago, Mach001 said:

I submitted my waiver June 2016 and it was approved Nov 2017. 

Edited by Adam & Dina
read incorrectly

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

12 hours ago, Adam & Dina said:

Hello and congrats on your approval, I am just curious why it took approx. 18 months for your approval, had you received a notice for more evidence? I only ask because I know someone on here who submitted their form in October 2016 and was approved in November 2017. Was your processing center Nebraska? Thanks for the info.

Edited by Lola2

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lola2 said:

Hello and congrats on your approval, I am just curious why it took approx. 18 months for your approval, had you received a notice for more evidence? I only ask because I know someone on here who submitted their form in October 2016 and was approved in November 2017. Was your processing center Nebraska? Thanks for the info.

Yes it took that long approx 18 months. And yes I did not get any Request for Evidence (RFE). And yes my case was the Nebraska Service center (NSC).

As I understand, everyone’s waiver case is different and unique and it might take different times to process. Depending on the nature and complexity of each individual case, some cases might get processed sooner than others even if you filed your case earlier. 

About 2 months before I got my approval, we had gotten our State Senators involved to check with NSC on why my case was delaying. I have heard good stories of waivers getting approved in a month or two once you get your State Senators office to check on your case.

At end of day, even though it sucks that it took that long I’m just glad and thankful to God Almighty that it was finally approved without any RFE and that I can finally look forward to joining my family😊👍🏾🙏🏾

Whats the shortest time people have seen I-601 waivers being approved? My lawyers keep saying 4-6 months. 

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.