2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

. Yes I hire lawyer but no help from him now searching for another and I am on i601 waiver. What is the name of Facebook page?

I didn't find that FB group much help.

Please contact an experience waiver attorney to refile your I-601. Lizz Cannon gives free consults. She's very knowledgable and respected in the waiver world of immigration.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have an approved I-130 for my husband who came to the US undocumented from Mexico 11 years ago, no criminal records. Our process is now at the NVC. We would like to know if any one here has any advice or past experience in regards to the I-601? Who notifies us if we need to summit an I-601? I am really nervous to have the interview abroad and not being approved or having to have my husband stay abroad for not having an I-601? I have done a lot of research regarding I-601 but still unclear, also I will be contacting a lawyer, but until that happens any suggestions or past experience are welcome. Thank you in advance

The interviewing officer will notify your husband at the time of interview if a waiver is necessary

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

we have been waiting for the lawyer took 6mos to do the paper . and now we have been waiting since lst part of 30and only have seen they got the money this is at the consulate in Quebec for my husband in Canda to come and live with in Michigan .......we are 20 miles away from each other but we have had plans to move to my home in Idaho ......which all the packing and all is sitting for almost a year now......my husband hasnt been in trouble for over 30 years in his life........we ask lawyer can we trace to see what is going on .. she said theres no way to trace it we just have to wait ...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

m7my husbands 601 took the lawyer 6 months to write it and send it in... every where we looked for lawyers was 5ooo to have them do it ..... and now we have been waiting since lst of March to hear from them no word at all......and we asked to trace it and lawyer says we cant ......it getting really hard cause i want to be with my family ..........i have seen my grandson once for a week he is 2 and 1/2 now and they conceived and all during this process we have been going thru we had plans to move in future cause we told that this process would only take like 200130 would only take like 7mons .....we have had to take out a residents for me in canada so i could be able to see him but , i work and drive the bridge daily and have to pay moneys to cross it and i didnt know i would have to be in Canada every day for 2 years ... daily ... it more hardships which they wouldnt count no doubt ... i at least can be with him.. but we dont want to be staying in these areas were tring to get to my home.......and im 2000 miles away cant afford doing all that travel with two homes i keep my address because we dont want anything lost in mail with they way their system is ........plus with his waiver im sure he couldnt come and visit me....... i even had to change my driver license to canada because i got the residents there......... i have plenty time in Canada already with waiting for this all to go in .. we really have no plans to stay in Canada the rest of our lifes we are in America because im one with family not him....... he never had children in his life.and all his family is dead well he has brothers but no children or grand i do...........

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

I came to my Visa Interview at Juarez on July 12th and was denied because I was missing the I 601 waiver. Unfortunately I could not return home to my husband and family. I have a foot fracture and can do little on my own. I am currently residing in Mexico near one of the most dangerous borders because I have no family known to me that i can return to. I had to find accommodations near the border in Mexico that are some how close to where my mother in law resides in the US in Texas. My husband sent the package last week on the 26th. of August. We requested the case to be expedited and put in as much information as we could get for supporting documentation on a lot of factors that are affecting him. What is the estimate time of wait from the USCIS to receive a notification of them receiving your case? This is a very hard and difficult time for us and just hope someone else that may have a similar situation may be able to share some advice with us. Thank you in advance! I have only seeing my husband twice in two months and this is devastating.

Edited by Imoreno

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi newbie,

i had my interview on may 13th and got denied too for not having the i601 waiver. i have the grounds of inadmissability charge. right now there looking at cases from december 15 2015. so im looking at a respond by jan 2017 since i have a priority date of may 26 2016. if you get it expidiate you may get a respond with in 5 months or less.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi newbie,

i had my interview on may 13th and got denied too for not having the i601 waiver. i have the grounds of inadmissability charge. right now there looking at cases from december 15 2015. so im looking at a respond by jan 2017 since i have a priority date of may 26 2016. if you get it expidiate you may get a respond with in 5 months or less.

Ramirez619,

Thank you for your reply. Has the USCIS responded you in regards to your case with this info? After your package was mailed how long did it take for someone to notify you about your package?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

No I have contacted them because I can't track my case online. They said i have to wait until a decision is made then they can update something on my case. In their website it says what and how long are they taking to process all types of forms and waivers. I have my waiver pending with Nebraska Service Center and their way time is approximately 8-10 month's.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello, friends! Help me please. I really need your help!

I write to you from Russia. I have received from the US Embassy in Moscow - waiver i-601.

I do not know how to waiver i-601 to send to America. I do not know how to pay the US $ 585 fee for it. Help me please . Explain!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi newbie,

Hi,

I totally understand how hard this is! I have my Fiance in Mexico has been away for a 1 1/2 years. Upon my fiance leaving, I petition under K-1 Visa that was approved but then denied March 9, 2016 in Juarez he was given the opportunity to apply for I-601 waiver, which priority date of May 23. My son has put his life in risk and to the point that he was referred to medical help, has had medical transport all due to the separation of my fiance abroad. His Psychological Doctor who has been treating my son, mental health counselor, and medical doctor, school counselor and principal all wrote letters vouching for USCIS that they please allow my fiance to return ASAP, as my son has put his life in danger he is only 7 years old. I submitted all this information to USCIS but unfortunately was denied. It’s very difficult to have a case expedite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.