2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I know this is probably a stupid question but I have been reading this thread and noticed that last year the waivers were approved within 4-6 moths and this year people are waiting 8 + months...why the change in processing times?

My I-601 and I 212 were received on May 16th 2016, so I know I have long wait...but this is killing me.

Another person in the chat said that they were working on improving the processing time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

intllovers, the wait time seems to be around 9 to 10 months, but again each case is individual. How do you know he has a 5 to 10 year ban? Have you filed for some kind of waiver before?

anahialanadan, you should ask your attorney, I personal would try anything I think would help get my spouse home sooner...all they can say is no :idea:

ricksme1983, it means they have the evidence you sent, and are looking at your case again...good luck!!!!!

God bless everyone...still praying that everyone is granted favor and will be with their significant other soon

Jonando- I know he has a 10 year ban because he was in the states illegally for more than 365 days. So the ban is automatic and begins from when he left the country. Hence he has 5 years left of his ban. My husband had is interview yesterday and they confirmed he has 5 years left of his ban. He is eligible for the I-601 waiver which has been prepared and we are submitting/sending today.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Intllovers- my husband and I filed an I-30 October 2015 and finally had an interview 10 months later in Juarez MX

My husband was denied and banned 10 years

He has never been in any trouble his whole life

He does not drink smoke or use drugs

The ban was simply because he entered and stayed unlawfully in the US FOR 10 years

My husband and I are now home gathering things to start our I-601 (traditional waiver) As you are

My question to you is

Do you have an attorney?

Our attorney is saying our waiver could be completely processed in 4-5 months

Has your attorney given and estimated time?

Also out attorney said she can not get the application to the waiver IF we do not have enough paper work they are requesting (They will dismiss us)

Has your I attorney mentioned of this to you?

I'm just quiro is from what others are doing to get this started

Timeline

Intllovers- my husband and I filed an I-30 October 2015 and finally had an interview 10 months later in Juarez MX

My husband was denied and banned 10 years

He has never been in any trouble his whole life

He does not drink smoke or use drugs

The ban was simply because he entered and stayed unlawfully in the US FOR 10 years

My husband and I are now home gathering things to start our I-601 (traditional waiver) As you are

My question to you is

Do you have an attorney?

Our attorney is saying our waiver could be completely processed in 4-5 months

Has your attorney given and estimated time?

Also out attorney said she can not get the application to the waiver IF we do not have enough paper work they are requesting (They will dismiss us)

Has your I attorney mentioned of this to you?

I'm just quiro is from what others are doing to get this started

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Delgado15,

My husband and I were also in Juarez last October (2015). My husband's I-601A wavier (applying while he was in the USA) was approved before we entered Mexico...we thought everything was ok, but when he was interviewed they sent him to see a therapist because he had a DUI in 2008. They asked him several questions about his drinking and asked if he drives after consuming alcohol. Being honest he said yes...then was denied re-entry on the basis that he was a threat to US Citizens and their property. We, and our attorney, assume he was denied because of continued drinking and driving (even when staying under the legal limit). I returned home later in October while he remained in Mexico with his family. March of this year we filed the I601. He was advised through the dreaded "blue papers" to receive another medical exam this September...fingers and toes crossed he gets to return home.

As far as writing your paper, and gathering supporting evidence to what you are saying is a hardship...be very thorough. The first time I wrote my paper (for the 601A) I Googled examples of other papers people wrote Juarez that were approved...there are some really good examples online. It would be wise to research what others have done. Each time I have wrote a paper and sent supporting documents the packet usually is about 2 to 3 inches thick! We did receive a request for more evidence with the 601A...we quickly sent it, and in about a months time we heard a response. However, it has been my experience both times now that the whole process takes somewhere between 9 to 10 months. It is depressing, and difficult to go through. Hopefully all goes well and quickly for you. Good luck...my prayers are with you and your family!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Delgado15,

My husband and I were also in Juarez last October (2015). My husband's I-601A wavier (applying while he was in the USA) was approved before we entered Mexico...we thought everything was ok, but when he was interviewed they sent him to see a therapist because he had a DUI in 2008. They asked him several questions about his drinking and asked if he drives after consuming alcohol. Being honest he said yes...then was denied re-entry on the basis that he was a threat to US Citizens and their property. We, and our attorney, assume he was denied because of continued drinking and driving (even when staying under the legal limit). I returned home later in October while he remained in Mexico with his family. March of this year we filed the I601. He was advised through the dreaded "blue papers" to receive another medical exam this September...fingers and toes crossed he gets to return home.

As far as writing your paper, and gathering supporting evidence to what you are saying is a hardship...be very thorough. The first time I wrote my paper (for the 601A) I Googled examples of other papers people wrote Juarez that were approved...there are some really good examples online. It would be wise to research what others have done. Each time I have wrote a paper and sent supporting documents the packet usually is about 2 to 3 inches thick! We did receive a request for more evidence with the 601A...we quickly sent it, and in about a months time we heard a response. However, it has been my experience both times now that the whole process takes somewhere between 9 to 10 months. It is depressing, and difficult to go through. Hopefully all goes well and quickly for you. Good luck...my prayers are with you and your family!

Thank you very much! I will def take all your advice <3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was unable to open the link but can you tell me what type of expansion announcement was it?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I understand your fear and frustration but first of all: Did you file the 601 already, Do you have a lawyer?

This process is though and you need to be strong to help your husband. Take it one day at the time. Without thinking too much about the approval.

Do what you need to do to make it better and work with your attorney gathering all the evidences and preparing your file.

Be strong ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This week marks 10 months of waiting for my wife's I-601. :-(

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

After almost 11 months of waiting, my wife's I-601 was approved last night!!

We are so happy!!!

Thank you everyone for your support!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I understand your fear and frustration but first of all: Did you file the 601 already, Do you have a lawyer?

This process is though and you need to be strong to help your husband. Take it one day at the time. Without thinking too much about the approval.

Do what you need to do to make it better and work with your attorney gathering all the evidences and preparing your file.

Be strong ?

I did file it already its been 6 months and yes I have a lawyer whom I hate so much because when I asked him to expedite for my case he literally read my words as"suing the government" and I was like what the heck is wrong with you I am telling you to request for an expedite not suing the government. My lawyer is just getting one my nerves because he doesnt reply to emails or phone calls and I have paid him 5000 its not like he is working at no cost for me. I dont understand why show me the attitude. I just want a normal life without thinking about all this. When I think about everything it feels like I will never get a normal life.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

After almost 11 months of waiting, my wife's I-601 was approved last night!!

We are so happy!!!

Thank you everyone for your support!

I am so happy for you! when did you file for her waiver?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I did file it already its been 6 months and yes I have a lawyer whom I hate so much because when I asked him to expedite for my case he literally read my words as"suing the government" and I was like what the heck is wrong with you I am telling you to request for an expedite not suing the government. My lawyer is just getting one my nerves because he doesnt reply to emails or phone calls and I have paid him 5000 its not like he is working at no cost for me. I dont understand why show me the attitude. I just want a normal life without thinking about all this. When I think about everything it feels like I will never get a normal life.

I am so happy for you! when did you file for her waiver?

We filed on Sept 15th 2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.