2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wish they were averaging 6 months... we're over 8 right now, and the "on-time" cases that have been getting worked were received at least couple weeks ahead of ours. I still have at least 1 on the group I'm tracking from Jan 25th that hasn't been looked at yet.

I'm also on the 8 month my receipt date is Feb 25. When is yours?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

so this morning after Mondays letter recieved in the mail,I recieved this morning i-601 waiver has been approved for my fiance. im very excited feel blessed so much after tears of thoughts that we were just taking the step to separate and take our on ways, but God had different plans :dancing::wow:(L) .

Help or input whats coming

Fiance visa approved - Nov. 24 2015

Interview in Ciudad Juarez March 9, 2016 - Refused

i-601 waiver rcvd May 23, 2016

i-601 waiver approved Nov. 2 2016

now i heard he may need another interview, but not sure someone told me it will be delivered to DHL and no need for interview. I know i should wait for the letter but when it comes to planning, we need to be very so much prepared

Filed: Timeline

so this morning after Mondays letter recieved in the mail,I recieved this morning i-601 waiver has been approved for my fiance. im very excited feel blessed so much after tears of thoughts that we were just taking the step to separate and take our on ways, but God had different plans :dancing::wow:(L) .

Help or input whats coming

Fiance visa approved - Nov. 24 2015

Interview in Ciudad Juarez March 9, 2016 - Refused

i-601 waiver rcvd May 23, 2016

i-601 waiver approved Nov. 2 2016

now i heard he may need another interview, but not sure someone told me it will be delivered to DHL and no need for interview. I know i should wait for the letter but when it comes to planning, we need to be very so much prepared

Wow that is awesome, congrats to you both. Prayers so everything goes smooth either at interview or if received at DHL. I have a few questions, hope you don't mine me asking. Why did he get denied in the first place? Did he get deported?

Timeline

Wow that is awesome, congrats to you both. Prayers so everything goes smooth either at interview or if received at DHL. I have a few questions, hope you don't mine me asking. Why did he get denied in the first place? Did he get deported?

Of course ask away. he was denied as my fiance was in the USA, he was never deported left voluntarily due to family death. no crimes clean guy, ever year paid his taxes. only reason denied 1 illegal entry

Of course ask away. he was denied as my fiance was in the USA, he was never deported left voluntarily due to family death. no crimes clean guy, ever year paid his taxes. only reason denied 1 illegal entry

Awesome, thanks. Seems similar to my story, I entered the USA at the age of 2 and never left. I am currently 30 but basically deported myself when i had the Ciudad Juarez interview on April 24, 2016. The lawyer screwed us over and never informed that we needed to pay a penalty. So at the date of the interview i got denied and told me to file the I-601. I'm also married to a US citizen and have 1 daughter. My wife completed the paperwork in July and also went to therapy. The paperwork got received on July 28,2016. So on October 28, 2016 i have completed 3 months since the paperwork has been filed but technically 6 months in Mexico. i too have a clean record, pay my taxes and etc. So the letter you received this week is for your appointment? Did you guys show extreme hardship in the documents? Sorry for the questions just amazed that is has been 3 months and you received your response, which gives me hope that i will be accepted shortly.

Timeline

Awesome, thanks. Seems similar to my story, I entered the USA at the age of 2 and never left. I am currently 30 but basically deported myself when i had the Ciudad Juarez interview on April 24, 2016. The lawyer screwed us over and never informed that we needed to pay a penalty. So at the date of the interview i got denied and told me to file the I-601. I'm also married to a US citizen and have 1 daughter. My wife completed the paperwork in July and also went to therapy. The paperwork got received on July 28,2016. So on October 28, 2016 i have completed 3 months since the paperwork has been filed but technically 6 months in Mexico. i too have a clean record, pay my taxes and etc. So the letter you received this week is for your appointment? Did you guys show extreme hardship in the documents? Sorry for the questions just amazed that is has been 3 months and you received your response, which gives me hope that i will be accepted shortly.

So 3 months ago I asked for an expedite on our i-601 waiver it was denied, so we decided that we would ride this long process . But on October 5, 2016 I received a letter in regards of an expedite that was inquired recently which the only thing I called USCIS recently was in regards of address change so it seemed weird to received this notice by mail, so I disregarded the notice, October 31, 2016 I received the same letter in my mail again for expedite, but this morning I was shocked when my USCIS app notification alerted me status change on your case has been updated...APPROVED. we now wait for the instruction notice, my understanding USCIS has tracks on how, who, where the cases get placed in queue. Mine was for a Fiance visa it was approved Nov. 2015, but refused March 9, 2016 due to 1 illegal entrance and the visa for fiance is valid for 1 year. I think this also had to do with the decision, plus my fiance has no criminal history it made even quicker, but if my fiance had a criminal history Im sure it would of taken 8 months, and we would of possibly had to resubmit proof to demonstrate our relationship and re-qualify for visa and pay the visa fine again.

Clearly as said lots of lawyers advised me USCIS has different tracks for different files, and depending on VISA type, and criminal history if any that determines how an approval time frame would be granted so Im sure it will come soon like 6 months the most, dont loose hope, pray tons. Like I said couple weeks ago I was loosing my relationship,l was close to letting go of my fiance because distance and love not good. My advise communication on an everyday basis is the key to holding strong to each other and God has a plan. Prayers for your family that soon you well be reunited and this would be that rainbow for more awesome things in life to come :luv::dancing::secret:

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have followed the thread for sometime now and just created an account. My story: My husband had his interview at Cd Juarez November 2015, once the interview was over he got blue paper that said he was able to apply for the I-601. We completed and the received date was March 14, 2016, I have tried everything, I contact my lawyer frequently and no answer, senator =no help I call the USCIS once a month or twice a month and I get no answer. I am frustrated and do not know what to do anymore. This wait is torture!!!! Any suggestions or just wait?

To be more clear my husband crossed the border back when he was 12 he was caught and right away his aunt crossed him, we met in high school and been together since I was 14 and he was 16 so it's been 11 years together. We have two kids 10 and 4! My son has speech delay which of course was included on the I-601! We applied for the I-601A with a lawyer which was denied this was back I think 2013, so he was tired and decided to go ahead and go with the process which we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Like I mentioned interview Nov 2015, I-601 received 3-14-16 no additional information. I have two jobs in order to support my kids and it is extreme difficult to be a single parent!!!

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have followed the thread for sometime now and just created an account. My story: My husband had his interview at Cd Juarez November 2015, once the interview was over he got blue paper that said he was able to apply for the I-601. We completed and the received date was March 14, 2016, I have tried everything, I contact my lawyer frequently and no answer, senator =no help I call the USCIS once a month or twice a month and I get no answer. I am frustrated and do not know what to do anymore. This wait is torture!!!! Any suggestions or just wait?

To be more clear my husband crossed the border back when he was 12 he was caught and right away his aunt crossed him, we met in high school and been together since I was 14 and he was 16 so it's been 11 years together. We have two kids 10 and 4! My son has speech delay which of course was included on the I-601! We applied for the I-601A with a lawyer which was denied this was back I think 2013, so he was tired and decided to go ahead and go with the process which we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Like I mentioned interview Nov 2015, I-601 received 3-14-16 no additional information. I have two jobs in order to support my kids and it is extreme difficult to be a single parent!!!

Be strong, you’re near the end! :dancing: Extreme hardship ideas that hopefully you included:

• Children’s Education – comparison between the USA vs Mexico, how our academics since the separation of children in school?
  • Village/city poverty of location if you & your children were to be forced to move with your spouse to Mexico
  • Crime rate (children abuse, death toll, etc.…)
  • Employment USA vs Mexico – Comparison of benefits, health coverage, pay rate, cost of living including all bills (healthcare, mortgage/rental agreement/grocery bills/school expenses/prescriptions for children cost/utility bills, etc...)
  • Employment when your spouse was here, the impact of you having to work 2 jobs and the lack of being able to be with your children to provide that emotional support due to his loss of income coming in since his departure. If he is working in Mexico how his income is compared to USA when employed here
  • You’re Education – Any degree you pursued in USA?
  • Children’s – Health/Behavior, has the separation caused any behavior issues? As a mother you would think that is normal, but kids actually act out worse to cover their feelings have them be checked out by a psychologist, or even a school counselor, have them write a letter of what they observe
  • Do you have connection in Mexico? Is your family here? Do they have health issues? Could you run the risk of medical issues in the future (cancer, diabetes, etc.) if so what would be the impact if in regards of seeking medical attention if you were to move to Mexico
  • Letters of children asking for dad to come back even if it’s a drawing
  • Letters of support of family, friends, coworkers, a letter from your spouse asking for forgiveness of entering illegally and describing the need to be able to support his children better in the USA then Mexico and all the good things he has accomplished while he was in the USA

It don’t matter how much evidence or how thick your file will be but the least non important thing can play a big impact on your case. I did my own waiver it took me 1 month to gather all the information and make the most of it, I think I submitted about 568 pages of evidence + 15 page summary of each evidence that was included + letter of forgiveness from my fiance which included comparison, ratio of poverty, pictures of happiness, letter & drawings that my children made, teachers support, doctors letters asking for my fiance to come back as it was impacting the academic levels :secret:

hi! after contacting uscis my husband received a letter that i-601 was administratively closed but d status from uscis.gov is still the same "Response for Evidence received" what will happen to d rfe i submitted? has anyone experienced this? please please please help thank!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Expedite update today i received the 2nd letter of the same expedite i did 1 month ago but different letter 1st one received oct.4h, 2nd same letter dated oct.28. Explaining expedite under review,if no notice or response received in 15 days take as a denied and office estimated i601 process is 6 months. Why 2 letters same month different dates? Might they be still under review?

Hi there, I am new here. My mother in law had her consulate interview in July of this year. She was denied because she entered illegally. This is upseting because her husband is 70 years old with diabetes, high blood pressure and other things. I want to submit an expedite because when he last went to the Dr, the dr was very concerned for his health because his diabetes and blood pressure were really high.

I have been looking as to where to submit the expedite and not sure where to send it. Do I send it to the lockbox in Phoenix? or do they have an email?

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

WE SUBMITTED OUR I-601 AND WAS RECEIVED IN DEC 18, 2015 ON SEPT 16, 2016 THEY REQUESTED MORE EVIDENCE. SO THAT WAS SUBMITTED AND RECEIVED ON OCT 7, 2015. IT IS NOW 4 WEEKS SINCE THEY RECEIVED IT AND WE ARE STILL WAITING ON THERE RESPONSE.

IF ANY KNOWS HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR A RESPONSE. PLEASE WERE DESPERATE :crying:

WE SUBMITTED OUR I-601 AND WAS RECEIVED IN DEC 18, 2015 ON SEPT 16, 2016 THEY REQUESTED MORE EVIDENCE. SO THAT WAS SUBMITTED AND RECEIVED ON OCT 7, 2015. IT IS NOW 4 WEEKS SINCE THEY RECEIVED IT AND WE ARE STILL WAITING ON THERE RESPONSE.

IF ANY KNOWS HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR A RESPONSE. PLEASE WERE DESPERATE :crying:

What kind of evidence they did request if you don't mind me asking? I hope my case does not require additional information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.