Found Frolicking

Not Good news "Glitch crashes global US passport, Visa operations"

222 posts in this topic

Had my interview for K1 and K2 visas on 18th July and I am still waiting. Stuck on 'Ready' but case was updated on 29th July.

Not holding much hope for flying on Wednesday or getting hitched on Thursday :(

On the positive side, I can consume lots of my wine collection that I was planning to leave behind :) Always a silver lining.

CEAC status gone from Ready to Issued this morning! Will post when have notice that visa is with courier.

Fabulous!!

The DoS confirmed in the comment section of that Facebook posting last night that K-1 visas are non immigrant visas, btw.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Fabulous!!

The DoS confirmed in the comment section of that Facebook posting last night that K-1 visas are non immigrant visas, btw

Ok, thanks for that. After 16 months I will only believe I have an immigrant visa once it is actually in my hand.

It does look like the DoS are as good as their word when they say they are only 1 or 2 days behind, as my status changed to 'Issued' on the 6th working day after interview.

It looks like you guys will be fine.

Ok, thanks for that. After 16 months I will only believe I have an immigrant visa once it is actually in my hand.

It does look like the DoS are as good as their word when they say they are only 1 or 2 days behind, as my status changed to 'Issued' on the 6th working day after interview.

Thanks for keeping us updated! Congrats!!!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Congrats! That's great to hear! Let's hope this is a trend. :)

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here is the latest news release from the State Department on this system issue:

Link to full article:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/ccd-performance-issues.html

Excerpt:

"• The Department of State continues to work to restore our visa system to full functionality.

• We anticipate it will take weeks to resume full visa processing capacity.

We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, including adoption cases. So far, we have been able to issue most cases with few delays. (emphasis added)

• Nearly all passports are currently being issued within our customer service standards, despite the system problems. We are able to issue passports for emergency travel. ..."

Other news articles:

July 30, 2014 Wall Street Journal - Technical Glitch Clogs Up U.S. Visa System - http://online.wsj.com/articles/technical-glitch-clogs-up-u-s-visa-system-1406763970

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

CEAC status changed from AP to Issued today. So seems like things are moving along. Good luck to everyone, I hope you gets yours soon too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Does anyone know if the embassies will be working this weekend to catch up?

In yesterday's update in theit FB page, I read that someone asked if there working on the weekends and they only said they were working more hours in some cases but nothing about the weekend. According to their last update, they are like half their capacity:

However, to give you an idea of the progress we have made, from the start of the operational issues on July 20 through July 28, we issued more than 220,000 nonimmigrant visas globally. Based on our average production figures, we would have anticipated issuing closer to 425,000 nonimmigrant visas in that time period, indicating we have been able to print nonimmigrant visas for about half of all approved travelers.

And also said:

We are committed to reducing the number of pending visa cases as quickly as possible. Applicants should anticipate that visa issuance may be delayed 10-14 days until the system is restored to full functionality and pending applications are printed.

So it seems they are slow, but working on it. It's a shame at this stage, when we are so close to our love ones. But it will be solved soon, probably. :)

Does anyone know what exactly is causing this glitch? Is it the physical software that, like a printer error, just won't print the document? Or is it something much more complex? They seem to want to give us indirect answers about what is going on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Its great to hear that things are moving along for everyone! What is the timeline for most people our status was updated to Administrative Processing on the 29th. I saw some posts that they are roughly a week behind but it seems things are moving faster for some. I assume the next step is issued and then we can get the passport and celebrate! Thanks in advance for responding reading the VJ blog is keeping us sane

Praying for everyone

Its great to hear that things are moving along for everyone! What is the timeline for most people our status was updated to Administrative Processing on the 29th. I saw some posts that they are roughly a week behind but it seems things are moving faster for some. I assume the next step is issued and then we can get the passport and celebrate! Thanks in advance for responding reading the VJ blog is keeping us sane

Praying for everyone

Would you mind telling us when your interview is? I think everything depends on the embassy in particular. Some are functioning better than others. The delays are all over the place depending on the embassy. We had our interview on the 22nd and still in ready status but switched to nonimmigrant so hoping to be in AP and possibly issued tomorrow. Some cases go from ready - AP - ready - AP - issued and some just go ready - AP - issued. Does your status say immigrant or nonimmigrant?

If you are in 'ready' as a nonimmigrant typically, based on what I've dug up from various other threads on this site, is that you'll be put into AP and issued soon. I cannot say that is still the case with the delay, as like I previously stated it does seem to depend on the individual embassies. However, if you are moved to nonimmigrant this is a step in the right direction. That's the best I can give you for now.

Praying for everyone tonight that we can get an answer before the (what is going to feel like a long) weekend ahead of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.