GandD

International Pro's and Ex-Cons - FTW

1,893 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

OK. Sometimes I think someone needs to push her off the cliff. Better?

No, no, no. :no:

Don't give her a push, give her a parachute. :thumbs:

Giving her a push requires putting down either the glass of fizzy lemonade, or the tub of popcorn. :pop:;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw today that they make a Cinnabon-flavoued vodka now. :huh:

Are they trying to give me an alcohol problem? :unsure:

I've seen that. I think there was a smores one too.

Spooks, I grilled a killer rack of baby backs yesterday.

I think I'm going to do some ribs this coming weekend. It takes a long time to slow cook them on the grill. I usually do them indirect with charcoal and some apple wood for smoke, about 250-275 degrees for about 5 hours. I can pull the bones they are so tender, yet not mushy. But nothing beats a bowl of cheerios with urine. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I think I'm going to do some ribs this coming weekend. It takes a long time to slow cook them on the grill. I usually do them indirect with charcoal and some apple wood for smoke, about 250-275 degrees for about 5 hours. I can pull the bones they are so tender, yet not mushy. But nothing beats a bowl of cheerios with urine. :devil:

I start mine off with some olive oil and a dry rub the night before and let them marinate over night. In the morning I take them out and brush a good helping of bbq sauce on them and let them sit until cooking time. I don't have the time to smoke them properly, so I usually put the ribs in a deep pan, cover with tin foil and do a pre-cook in the oven @ 325 for about 1 1/2 hours, the meat is just starting to shrink back from the bone. Then onto the grill for about 15mins a side for the char. Continuously slapping the meat with sauce. (Damn that sounds perverted) :devil:

Cheerios is part of a healthy, well balanced diet.

Timeline

FTR, the cheerio scenario is what the "angry comment" stuff is to address. Its to point out that, in many cases, people come here with existing anger and then spew it all over everyone, ruining any type of logical debate or good times, often while being completely dismissive and insulting of another group of people. While the cheerio comment was directed at one user initially, I think it relates to many different users doing the same thing.

Harpa, you mentioned you didn't like the agenda posting of articles and neither do it. Look at a couple of article posts today that are done completely in this fashion along with a few user added comments meant to demean and belittle the opposition to said agenda. I'm not trying to police it, just point it out. NB got what I was going for when he said we shouldn't have to settle with this type of thread crashing.

I hope I'm not crossing the line by saying putting this in this thread. If you guys think it's in bad taste just report it and ask it be taken down. Mods, please remove this post if reported.

Timeline

So how'd you guys like my Sat. night drive by? :lol:

Spooks regarding Sat night, I apologize again for jumping on your siggy. It was misplaced frustration.

I was quite impressed by the weekend appearance. Did you do it with the hand phone?

I was quite impressed by the weekend appearance. Did you do it with the hand phone?

Laptop on the living room couch with beer in hand. Wifey was tired and went to bed so I figured, what the heck?

While the cheerio comment was directed at one user initially, I think it relates to many different users doing the same thing.

Actually, it was aimed at a few people. A "group of women." There are only about 5 women that post in the forum. When they are gone you guys complain it is a sausage fest. So what do you want?

For pointing this out, I am just getting teased.

I don't like the "angry comment" thing. I could have done it to you in the 20s and 50s thread, but I didn't think you would like that.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!