thedude6752000

Is it Wrong That This Process Makes People Regret Being Born or Naturalized Americans

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Right that This Process Makes People Sorry that They're Americans?

• Yes, this process is necessary for national security and those who complain are just unpatriotic whiners
    • No, it makes no sense, in 4 years tops this country is going to give citizenship to 11 million people who never went through it and nothing bad will happen, it's big government and the national security-industrial complex at their worst

84 posts in this topic

But then there will be an extreme uptick of complaints of abuse by the regulars on the little people in the Site Related Discussion Forum.

Yeah, but that's fun too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't know about anyone else but right now, 6 months post NOA1 and not having heard back from the Vermon Disservice Center, I sure do wish that I lived in a country with a sane immigration system (though admittedly I am also happy I don't live in a country with as many problems as my wife's country). Germany would be my first pick (ja klar! Ich hoere jetzt "Lass es los" von dem Disney Film Frozen und wuensche mich dass ich auch in einem Eisschloss waere mit meiner Frau). Anyone else?

Hey Dude, I totally feel your pain. My wife has been away for 7 months now. But, this poll is a little ridiculous. It's like asking do you want to be eaten by alligators or do you hate babies.

Everyone here is in the same boat. Some get lucky and go unreasonably quick and there is nothing fair about it. Other situations are completely reasonable and still others are completely out of line.

I believe that everyone from those of us waiting to immigration staff to the president believe that the system needs help.

I'm not trying to rain on your rant or anything, but I think maybe it's a good idea and take a step back and look at the situation as a whole ... you've only just hit the 6 month mark. The process is working and it's working to help you accomplish something that you desire. Sure, it's not in your desired time frame and there is nothing that is right about it, but it IS working for you and frustration, anger and ranting only hurt one person in the process.

These are just my thoughts, take a few deep breaths and trust that everything is working in your favor. Every little thing, gonna be all right. :-)

I am the USC Petitioner. My wonderful wife Laura is from Scotland.

10.27.2013 ~ Married

01.23.2014 ~ I-130 sent

01.29.2014 ~ NOA1

06.02.2014 ~ APPROVED!!! NOA2

06.05.2014 ~ Shipped to NVC

06.13.2014 ~ Case received by NVC

07.03.2014 ~ Case number assigned by NVC

07.21.2014 ~ Submitted DS-261

07.24.2014 ~ AoS Invoice available, paid

07.25.2014 ~ AoS Invoice shows paid

07.30.2014 ~ AoS package mailed USPS Priority

07.31.2014 ~ Checked CEAC website 47 times

08.01.2014 ~ USPS tracking shows AoS delivered

09.17.2014 ~ IV invoice available

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Poor guy... He is rocking along just fine with no idea of the Sub Forum and Mods drop him in the shark tank

That was my third choice, I was trying to find something as innocuous as possible I didn't want him to cry.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Yeah that was fun. I was waiting for someone to ask him what the number was for 911.

Anyone that willingly and unprovokingly boasts that they are "in law enforcement" is a tool and usually full of shyt.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't know about anyone else but right now, 6 months post NOA1 and not having heard back from the Vermon Disservice Center, I sure do wish that I lived in a country with a sane immigration system (though admittedly I am also happy I don't live in a country with as many problems as my wife's country). Germany would be my first pick (ja klar! Ich hoere jetzt "Lass es los" von dem Disney Film Frozen und wuensche mich dass ich auch in einem Eisschloss waere mit meiner Frau). Anyone else?

If I ever feel as you do I will simply pack my bags, get a one-way ticket to another country and seek happiness there. It is that simple. The German economy - as that of the United Kingdom - are doing well and there are jobs available. Start looking and sending in your applications. There are no excuses, really.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

With his sorry attitude no country would allow him to immigrate. Well maybe Diego Garcia and maybe India.

If I ever feel as you do I will simply pack my bags, get a one-way ticket to another country and seek happiness there. It is that simple. Any other excuse is just pure bs.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

With his sorry attitude no country would allow him to immigrate. Well maybe Diego Garcia and maybe India.

:thumbs:

I honestly feel bad for all those people who are trapped and imprisoned in the US. [roll eyes]

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Yeah me too. I need to maybe sell our business and houses and property cash in the retirements and get out of this hellhole of a country. Getting tired of driving a truck all over this country too.

:thumbs:

I honestly feel bad for all those people who are trapped and imprisoned in the US. [roll eyes]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, the on-topic replies here are generally very good. Please show the OP the respect of sticking more closely to his subject, shark tank here or not. Thanks.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).