katie1990

Very frustrating received an appointment letter for a second green card interview! Really need advice !

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Let me start by the beginning. My husband was in removal proceedings because he was arrested in February 2012 for providing false information to a police officer. He was released on bond. I adjusted my status under 245-I therefore he is eligible to receive a green card as a derivative of my petition. His removal proceedings were terminated and remanded to USCIS so they could adjudicate his case. In January we had our interview. Everything went ok he answered his questions truthfully, he was arrested on 4 occasions. 1. He was driving recklessly on the freeway and he had 2 beers,originally they charged him with DUI and he was arrested, but in jail when they took his blood alcohol level it was within legal limits so they dropped the DUI and charged him with reckless driving because he was speeding. 2.He was arrested for petty theft. 3. He was driving his friends truck and his friend left his wallet in his truck,so the police officer who stopped him thought he stole the wallet and charged him with identity theft and possession of credit cards, everything was dropped when his friend showed up to court and testified about what happened. 4.When he was stopped and provided false information to the police officer which is when all of this started. All of this the IO sent us outside so my husband could write what happened in his own words on a piece of paper. But he wrote them in spanish and the officer wanted them in english so she said she would just add it on to the RFE she would be asking of us. The one and only question she asked him was when were we married, he totally got it wrong,3 times, but the officer was joking him with and said its ok I can see you have very bad memory.She asked us if we had any joint documents wed like to show her, i showed her the car insurance we have together, contracts of furniture we bought years ago, and thats it because we don't inter mingle anything, he's not on my lease because the apartments under my moms name. When i asked her if shed like to see pictures of us going back to 2003 when I met him she said no the birth certificates of your 3 children is more than enough! So she said if we provide the RFE within a timely manner his green card will be granted. The RFE was 1.His sponsor forgot to sign a paper 2. the original sponsor which is my father didn't provide his taxes because he has been incarcerated for the past 10 years, so she wanted proof of his incarceration 3. Proof of my being here on December 2000 4. His hand written letter explaining what happened on all his arrests. We provided everything in a timely manner in Ferbuary. My attorney went to an info pass last week to inquire about my husbands case, now yesterday we receive the interview letter for next week. Its addressed to him and it jus says you have been scheduled for an interview for your adjustment of status case. I could understand why, when we first started dating in 2003 i was here illegally and we both knew I had no hope of ever having a green card because I didn't even know I had an I-130 from April 2001,so its not like he married me for a green card, We had our first child in 2005, then our second in 2010 and our third in 2011. We got married in 2012 because we lived together since 2005 and never though about legally marrying since we practically were, just not legally. This is all so frustrating, Ive researched and researched and all that comes up is "fraud marriage" and it just makes me laugh because its impossible they would think this ! Although I know wed pass the interview with flying colors ! Its just the fact that we should even have to be going through this! Can it be for something else maybe they just want to ask him something? Or he forgot to sign something? Im so frustrated so is he what can this be all about? our attorney will be in tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm so frustrated and wondering I just have to ask ! ANy advice comments or suggestions will definitely be appreciated !

June, 1996: EWI from Honduras and been here ever since !
April , 2001: American born father filed I-130
May 22 , 2012 : Lawyer sent AOS
June 10, 2012 : checks cashed
June 11, 2012 : NOA's arrived
June 13, 2012 : Biometrics appointment arrived for July 5th
June 19, 2012: Succesful walk-in at Bellflower,ca office
July 25, 2012 : First card production ordered text/email
July 30, 2012 : second card production ordered text/email
July 30 ,2012 : Third text/email approval notice sent
July 31,2012 : Fourth text/email usps reported it picked up email
Aug 2, 2012 : Fifth email USPS has delivered your new card at address on file
Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

May 6,2013 : Recieved email I-485 approved

May 10,2013: card document production ordered/ received Welcome letter

May 16,2013: Received Green Card in Mail!

Timeline

Anyone ? It seems like I'm checking every second for a reply lol

Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

Timeline

I can't provide advice since I don't have experience, but since your case seems complicated I will suggest to be patient until someone with a similar case shows up.

Thank you Yes I know my case is complicated its just frustrating

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe to do with his Criminal history?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

mostly, we cover vanilla stuff here at this web site.

I think yer stuff isn't vanilla.

The non-vanilla portal is over at

http://immigrate2us.net

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ordinarily I'd say get a lawyer, but you already have one; I hope they're good.

I had two interviews but that was due to USCIS mishandling of my case, where they screwed up the first time, then pretended that the first interview never happened and so went for a re-do. With a case like yours it could be one of a dozen things, or more.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

I had two interviews but that was due to USCIS mishandling of my case, where they screwed up the first time, then pretended that the first interview never happened and so went for a re-do. With a case like yours it could be one of a dozen things, or more.

You know i tried that website and it was confusing to me ! I never did learn how to post on there !

Timeline

They are good, actually they're more on top of things than we are ! I hope its maybe an error of theirs , thats what someone I know told us that more than likely its an error on their part or it might just be something practical like signing something or they forgot a question or want clarification on something, they even told it might be a good thing that instead of sending a NOID or a Denial were getting a shot at getting things done twice! this coming for someone that worked very closely in that Federal building.

Maybe to do with his Criminal history?

Im hoping that is why, and nothing to do with our marriage, its just the all the research that I did everyone says a second interview is an automatic marriage fraud interview, but it can also be for technical things such as criminal history right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Seems to me (an outsiders opinion) that there are many issues and caveats to your case they must be confused n something... Could be the criminal issues, could be the inability for him to remember things... But in any case, they have something they need clarified, thus they called in for another interview.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Seems to me (an outsiders opinion) that there are many issues and caveats to your case they must be confused n something... Could be the criminal issues, could be the inability for him to remember things... But in any case, they have something they need clarified, thus they called in for another interview

a

Thank You for your input ! I guess for having such a difficult case I should just expect these things to happen!

Let me start by the beginning. My husband was in removal proceedings because he was arrested in February 2012 for providing false information to a police officer. He was released on bond. I adjusted my status under 245-I therefore he is eligible to receive a green card as a derivative of my petition. His removal proceedings were terminated and remanded to USCIS so they could adjudicate his case. In January we had our interview. Everything went ok he answered his questions truthfully, he was arrested on 4 occasions. 1. He was driving recklessly on the freeway and he had 2 beers,originally they charged him with DUI and he was arrested, but in jail when they took his blood alcohol level it was within legal limits so they dropped the DUI and charged him with reckless driving because he was speeding. 2.He was arrested for petty theft. 3. He was driving his friends truck and his friend left his wallet in his truck,so the police officer who stopped him thought he stole the wallet and charged him with identity theft and possession of credit cards, everything was dropped when his friend showed up to court and testified about what happened. 4.When he was stopped and provided false information to the police officer which is when all of this started. All of this the IO sent us outside so my husband could write what happened in his own words on a piece of paper. But he wrote them in spanish and the officer wanted them in english so she said she would just add it on to the RFE she would be asking of us. The one and only question she asked him was when were we married, he totally got it wrong,3 times, but the officer was joking him with and said its ok I can see you have very bad memory.She asked us if we had any joint documents wed like to show her, i showed her the car insurance we have together, contracts of furniture we bought years ago, and thats it because we don't inter mingle anything, he's not on my lease because the apartments under my moms name. When i asked her if shed like to see pictures of us going back to 2003 when I met him she said no the birth certificates of your 3 children is more than enough! So she said if we provide the RFE within a timely manner his green card will be granted. The RFE was 1.His sponsor forgot to sign a paper 2. the original sponsor which is my father didn't provide his taxes because he has been incarcerated for the past 10 years, so she wanted proof of his incarceration 3. Proof of my being here on December 2000 4. His hand written letter explaining what happened on all his arrests. We provided everything in a timely manner in Ferbuary. My attorney went to an info pass last week to inquire about my husbands case, now yesterday we receive the interview letter for next week. Its addressed to him and it jus says you have been scheduled for an interview for your adjustment of status case. I could understand why, when we first started dating in 2003 i was here illegally and we both knew I had no hope of ever having a green card because I didn't even know I had an I-130 from April 2001,so its not like he married me for a green card, We had our first child in 2005, then our second in 2010 and our third in 2011. We got married in 2012 because we lived together since 2005 and never though about legally marrying since we practically were, just not legally. This is all so frustrating, Ive researched and researched and all that comes up is "fraud marriage" and it just makes me laugh because its impossible they would think this ! Although I know wed pass the interview with flying colors ! Its just the fact that we should even have to be going through this! Can it be for something else maybe they just want to ask him something? Or he forgot to sign something? Im so frustrated so is he what can this be all about? our attorney will be in tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm so frustrated and wondering I just have to ask ! ANy advice comments or suggestions will definitely be appreciated !

Your case seems too complex for VJ; but a couple of things that called my attention (which could be the same things that called USCIS attention): 1. Husband is arrested and go in removal procedures in Feb 2012; he then marries you in 2012 (month unknown, Was it after this arrest and the bond?), since you noted that you both have been together for several years and married in 2012, then there is the non-intermingle of finances and his incorrect answer as to when you got married; well, you can see how it would look to USCIS. 2. You noted he lied to the police, but did not state what was the reason the police stopped him or what was the case (if anything).

Seems like they want to clarify things. With the several issues going, it can be quite easy to get things mixed or confused. But, you got a lawyer and that is the smart thing to do in this case IMHO.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This could be the best guy in the world, with just bad luck, but I just read it as this guy seems to have police around him way too many times, you might want to acess the whole situation, as how many more times with run-ins with police.,.,.,and he does not work.,., must respect your judgement of him.,.,.,but, it just does not read very well for him.,.,.,.he is certainally not a "star" husband.,.,.,just with what I read, about him, and your words!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good luck with the interview, to be fair it sounds like he hasn't helped himself with the police issues though!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

:wow: That's a whole lot of bad decisions/illegal activity. Let me get this straight, he has a cosponsor who's been in jail for a decade? How does that even work? :blink:

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.