Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2014

6,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

guys, so i'm just wondering...does a 'false checklist' mean the AOS portion is approved? reading through a couple of threads here, some people seem excited about getting a 'false checklist.' lol.

If the checklist is for all IV supporting docs, then yes, the AoS packet has been accepted.

But if the checklist has specific items on it, then it might not be false.

This is my false checklist:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been

returned to the National Visa Center.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s

supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be

reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

To view which documents the applicant must submit to the NVC, please go to our website

immigrantvisas.state.gov.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Very similar stories-- people tell my wife that I MUST have another wife, and even that I am in jail !! fortunately my wife understands or better yet trusts what I tell her and thanks to SKYPE we get to talk every day at a reasonable rate-- although internet connections there are sometimes out for days at a time- Skype offers better rates for international calls..

this will SOON be over, my wife and I lived as a family for almost three years before I was forced to seek work (again) -- I had NO EXPERIENCE with immigration law and thought it would be a matter of months before we were able to be together again. here we are now 2 years and 5 months later -- hoping and praying this to be over anyday now-- the second I get our interview date I am booking my flight to go be with my family- and hoping they will be able to return with me that same week. (worse case scenario we wait another week or two which feels like nothing now)-- I hear you, understand your situation exactly - as do so many others here- keep the faith and believe that this too shall pass.

2014 Fathers Day -- with my daughter- I can only hope. common-- CC/interview - I am being too optimistic, I know.

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Filed: Other Timeline

If the checklist is for all IV supporting docs, then yes, the AoS packet has been accepted.

But if the checklist has specific items on it, then it might not be false.

This is my false checklist:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been

returned to the National Visa Center.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s

supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be

reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

To view which documents the applicant must submit to the NVC, please go to our website

immigrantvisas.state.gov.

so does accepted = approved, or does 'accepted' simply mean it is accepted and they will work on it soon (i,e, another 'real' checklist is possible)?

I am very sad right now. Someone also waiting for an interview in Mexico who received case complete AFTER me got their interview date today. I just called and nothing. I was so hopeful. :'(

This is about the only time where a priority date may come into play. If they filed months before you with the initial I-130, they may receive an interview date before.you. It doesn't always come into play but occasionally it does. The same goes if they may have requested an expedite along the road for whatever reason and it was granted.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

so does accepted = approved, or does 'accepted' simply mean it is accepted and they will work on it soon (i,e, another 'real' checklist is possible)?

The NVC doesn't approve anything, they merely check for correctness and make sure everything is completed and present.

Only the CO at the interview can approve or not approve any particular part of the IV or AOS package.

So your AOS was accepted as it was, which means you likely filled it out correctly and sent everything needed and the NVC feels that it meets the standard that is set by the DOS.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is about the only time where a priority date may come into play. If they filed months before you with the initial I-130, they may receive an interview date before.you. It doesn't always come into play but occasionally it does. The same goes if they may have requested an expedite along the road for whatever reason and it was granted.

Thank you. I'm just hoping for an interview date soon.

July 1st 2013: NOA1

January 9th 2014: Transferred to CSC

January 16th 2014: NOA2

January 24 2014: Case recieved at NVC

March 5 2014: Received case number, IIN, & BIN

March 7 2014: Paid AOS feeMarch 8 2014: Filled out DS-261

March 11 2014: Sent AOS packageMarch 14 2014: AOS package arrived at NVC

March 18 2014: AOS package entered in system

March 25 2014: Paid IV feeMarch 28 2014: Received AOS checklist

March 31 2014: Completed and sent DS-260April 2 2014: Sent AOS package revision

April 4 2014: AOS revision arrived at NVC

April 8 2014: AOS revision entered in system

April 8 2014: Sent IV package

April 11 2014: IV package received at NVC

April 15 2014: IV package entered into system

April 21 2014: DS-260 accepted

April 30 2014: Case Complete

May 13 2014: Interview Date Assigned

INTERVIEW DATE: JUNE 4 2014

Thank you. I'm just hoping for an interview date soon.

I know how you feel. It sucks to wait from CC to P4. I remember calling and having a rude lady tell me that "Yes, we send out emails the same day as the interview." And strangely enough, for my month, everyone did get them same day. But the next month, they were all a day or so after, and the next month a week after. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning VJ family!!!!!!!!

I know most of us (if not all of us) hate the weekends right now! It feels that teh weekend is a waste of time. I've never been so happy so Monday come as fast as possible.

I so hate the weekends that I volunteered to work Saturdays until my wife gets here. I just want to stay busy and get myself to think about other things than calling NVC or watching other people's progress to compare with my timeline.

My wife is getting tired of all this, I don't blame her. She does not understand the process. Her entourage (family and friends) are killing her with stupid questions and comments. Couple of weeks ago, one of her cousins joined her husband in France with a visa (residency card), everybody became immigration experts and started talking to her about how if I really wanted her we I could've got this done bla bla bla, be careful, he is just playing you bla bla bla, may be he is married in the USA and just wants you here when he visits bla bla bla, all kind of nasty stuff.

Anyway, I try my best to talk to her and she understands what's going on and she trusts me, but from time to time she cracks down, I don't blame her at all. I even told that if I was on her shoes, I would thing the same thing.

Anyway, we got married on July 1st 2013 and our priority date is July 17 2013, 2 days after I got back to the USA.

I know lots of us are going through similar situations. Personally, I believe one thing: this process will make our relationship stronger, even if sometimes it gets hard due to unforseen circumstances.

Good luck to all.

Give it couple of days, hopefully by Monday you should be able to pay the fees.

Good luck!!!!

My husbands relatives tell him a lot of bull stories too so I can relate. I'm always hearing how so-and-so had a neighbor that moved to America and it only took 2 months and it wouldn't have taken this long if he tried immigrating from somewhere else. First of all they probably immigrated 20 years ago but anyway, they seriously have no idea what they are talking about. It can be annoying and frustrating. To this day my MIL had no idea what's going on and I am pretty sure she hates me for dragging her son through this process.

It's definitely hard and like you, I feel like and hope that it will make us stronger. All I know is that I will appreciate being with him a million times more after being apart for so long! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My dad is visiting from out of town, so today I will spend the day with him and my son, and I will enjoy this weekend and hope that Monday brings good news for all.

July 1st 2013: NOA1

January 9th 2014: Transferred to CSC

January 16th 2014: NOA2

January 24 2014: Case recieved at NVC

March 5 2014: Received case number, IIN, & BIN

March 7 2014: Paid AOS feeMarch 8 2014: Filled out DS-261

March 11 2014: Sent AOS packageMarch 14 2014: AOS package arrived at NVC

March 18 2014: AOS package entered in system

March 25 2014: Paid IV feeMarch 28 2014: Received AOS checklist

March 31 2014: Completed and sent DS-260April 2 2014: Sent AOS package revision

April 4 2014: AOS revision arrived at NVC

April 8 2014: AOS revision entered in system

April 8 2014: Sent IV package

April 11 2014: IV package received at NVC

April 15 2014: IV package entered into system

April 21 2014: DS-260 accepted

April 30 2014: Case Complete

May 13 2014: Interview Date Assigned

INTERVIEW DATE: JUNE 4 2014

im so happy saylin i got my interview for may 22 expedite......????☺

uscis stage

june 24 2013 pd

march 3 2014 noa 2

nvc stage

march 17 2014 recived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

That's probably the reason. Looking at your signature, you didn't fill out a DS-261, so they must have sent some form with the I-130 electing themselves as agent, so once the file got to NVC, they were automatically selected as agent again.

We did file the DS-261 ourselves. Honestly, rapidvisa is the biggest waste of money I've ever seen. They charged us hundreds of dollars, and the ONLY thing they've done thus far is provide us with a form filling utility on their website, where we answer questions and it fills in the form. Even then, we've had to double and triple check, then fill in parts ourselves because it put answers in the wrong places. They also didn't send the I-130 on our behalf. We sent it ourselves. (Seriously, useless service...)

As far as the DS-261, my husband filled it out, and indicated myself as the person/agent to receive communication from the NVC. There's been no mention to the NVC of rapidvisa, since we've basically done 99% of the work without assistance from them.

If I had to do it all again, I'd have saved the $400 and not bothered with rapidvisa. We've found more help between all the lovely folks here and the travel.state.gov immigration walkthrough.

In regards to the original topic, looking backto our timeline, our AOS and IV invoices were sent 2 days apart, rather than at the same time. But the AOS bill wasn't paid yet when the IV bill was sent, which I thought it had to be. Meh... I don't know. Maybe I'm just mixed up. I just wish this was over. I've been so stressed out with all of it. :(

event.png
98wM.png
Visa type: IR-1

USCIS: 195 Days

I-130 Sent: 21st August, 2013

NOA1 Date: 27th August, 2013

NOA2 Date: 3rd March, 2014

Package left CSC: 3rd March, 2014

NVC: 242 Days

NVC Received: 15th April, 2014

AOS Bill Received: 15th April, 2014

IV Bill Received: 24th April, 2014

AOS & IV Bills Show as Paid: 2nd May, 2014

DS-260 Available and Completed: 2nd May, 2014

Received Joint Sponsor's AOS: 25th June, 2014

IV & AOS Packet Sent: 26th June, 2014

IV & AOS Packet- Delivery Sucessful: 7th July, 2014

IV & AOS Packets- Scanned: 11th July, 2014 (confirmed via phone 14th July)

AOS Checklist: 26th August, 2014 :crying:

Checklist response mailed: 2nd October, 2014

:dance: Case Complete: 13 December, 2014 :dance:

Embassy: London Case 'Ready': 7th January 2015

P-4 received: 30th December, 2014

Medical: 26th January, 2015

Interview: 3rd February, 2015 APPROVED!!! :dancing:

Visa Received: 9th February, 2015

POE: JFK Flight booked for 27th May 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

AOS and IV fees available and paid!

Hope the AoS and IV packets are ready to go!

You can send them in as soon as the money is debited from your bank account!

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Good morning VJ family!!!!!!!!

I know most of us (if not all of us) hate the weekends right now! It feels that teh weekend is a waste of time. I've never been so happy so Monday come as fast as possible.

I so hate the weekends that I volunteered to work Saturdays until my wife gets here. I just want to stay busy and get myself to think about other things than calling NVC or watching other people's progress to compare with my timeline.

My wife is getting tired of all this, I don't blame her. She does not understand the process. Her entourage (family and friends) are killing her with stupid questions and comments. Couple of weeks ago, one of her cousins joined her husband in France with a visa (residency card), everybody became immigration experts and started talking to her about how if I really wanted her we I could've got this done bla bla bla, be careful, he is just playing you bla bla bla, may be he is married in the USA and just wants you here when he visits bla bla bla, all kind of nasty stuff.

Anyway, I try my best to talk to her and she understands what's going on and she trusts me, but from time to time she cracks down, I don't blame her at all. I even told that if I was on her shoes, I would thing the same thing.

Anyway, we got married on July 1st 2013 and our priority date is July 17 2013, 2 days after I got back to the USA.

I know lots of us are going through similar situations. Personally, I believe one thing: this process will make our relationship stronger, even if sometimes it gets hard due to unforseen circumstances.

Good luck to all.

I am so sorry to hear how hard it has been for your wife. Luckily my spouse understands the process to an extent. He doesn't understand all those absurd questions on the DS-260 or why they need to know what primary schools he went to lol, but he understands the steps. You both are so close to the end so you just have to hold on a bit longer. Easier said than done, I know. I should also take my own advice lol.

Dating- 7/29/2008
Engaged- 1/12/2012
Married in Portugal- 8/10/2013
USCIS:
NOA1- 8/15/2013
Transferred to CSC- 2/10/2014
NOA2- 2/19/2014

NVC:
NVC Received Case- 2/27/2014
NVC Case Number- 4/02/2014
AOS Fee Invoiced- 4/04/2014
AOS Fee Paid and AOS Sent- 4/07/2014
IV Fee Invoiced- 4/10/2014

IV Fee Paid- 4/12/2014

AOS Package in NVC System- 4/14/2014

IV Package Sent- 4/17/2014

DS- 260 Available & Completed- 4/18/2014

IV Package in NVC System- 4/24/2014

Checklist for I-864 - 4/29/2014

Checklist for I-864 SENT- 5/1/2014

Checklist for I-864 in NVC System- 5/5/2014

CASE COMPLETE- June 2, 2014 :dance::dancing:(L):luv:
CC Email- 6/9/2014

Interview Date Email- 6/11/ 2014

Medical Exam- 6/24/2014

INTERVIEW DATE- July 22, 2014 at 1PM in Paris, France

POE- August 5, 2014 Finally Home!!!

I am the Petitioner and my husband is the Beneficiary. We are apart, as he is in Portugal and I am in the U.S.

ROC

20 May 2016- I-751 mailed

24 May 2016- ROC received at VSC

6 June 2016- NOA received

10 June 2016- Biometrics Letter received (scheduled for June 22, 2016)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.