Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You must have a better way that you didn't mention here. Attempting something is almost always better than attempting nothing.

I wish I had a better way. I waited my 5 months, then contacted a senator and put in a service request. Still waiting.

One service center being notoriously slower than the other is not a new thing. At one point it took CSC filers over 200 days to get NOA2. In the grand scheme of things, there just aren't enough of us out there to make our cases a priority. By contrast there are about 300,000 I-130 filers out there, more than enough to cause a stir and make national headlines, now USCIS is starting to do something about it. For what it's worth I was like the 8th person that sign that White House petition, but I deep down I knew it wouldn't go very far.

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

How about picking a target number that is more in tune with how many applications are out there in total? I think you only need 200 signatures before USCIS considered it has enough weigh to publish publically.

Even at 15,000 which is number you came up with, 136 doesn't even cover even 10%. You can dice and cut it any way you want, but it's obvious to me that people like to complain more than do anything to fix things.

And I have to disagree with you, petitions are not a waste of time as long as people support it and are adament about it. That's how some laws gets changed, and I don't see how this is a waste of time. Whining to people who are in same or worse situation than you endlessly here is a waste of time in my book.

Thanks hakobrena for trying to do something for everyone despite the poor response. Now I see why there are only 136 signatures.

Four days left to sign the petition http://wh.gov/loVaS, and there are total of 136 signed out of 100000 target signatures. Seems to me that people are okay with six to eight months of wait and there are no problems at all. And you really expect USCIS or any other government agency to take us seriously based on less than 1.36% support rate?

This is sad and I really do not understand people who would come here to moan and ###### instead of doing something to help themselves and others who are in the exact same F'ed up situation.

There are not enough I-129F to cover the 100,000 signatures needed, Even if we did ask family and friends, I highly doubt it that it would work, USCIS can do whatever they want, They don't have to care, It's just a job to them, They get to go home after a day of work and be with their loved ones, I get that you are frustrated with the whole system and "waiting" But all good things come to those who wait.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Timeline

How about picking a target number that is more in tune with how many applications are out there in total? I think you only need 200 signatures before USCIS considered it has enough weigh to publish publically.

Even at 15,000 which is number you came up with, 136 doesn't even cover even 10%. You can dice and cut it any way you want, but it's obvious to me that people like to complain more than do anything to fix things.

And I have to disagree with you, petitions are not a waste of time as long as people support it and are adament about it. That's how some laws gets changed, and I don't see how this is a waste of time. Whining to people who are in same or worse situation than you endlessly here is a waste of time in my book.

Thanks hakobrena for trying to do something for everyone despite the poor response. Now I see why there are only 136 signatures.

136 people aren't going to change a law. 136,000 people maybe. The count is so low because we at VJ are such a very very very small piece of the prospective immigrants out there. Also, I didn't "come up" with 15,000 people, you can see how many applications there are out there at the USCIS Dashboard.

Half (probably more than half) the people complaining aren't even at 5 months yet. You all need to chill out.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

and 15,000 represents the total number petitions...not just those at TSC. I'm sure the people at CSC aren't interesting in signing a petition that aims to increase their ~1 month processing time. :no:

it sucks that we are essentially powerless in this situation. i applaud anyone who is taking action to try to make a difference (instead of just complaining)...but honestly, it seems like the best thing we can do is contact our senator and/or the director of the USCIS with our complaints.

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

11.20.2014 POE Miami, Florida

11.23.2014 Civil Ceremony

AOS

01.12.2015 AOS package sent

01.16.2015 NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

02.06.2015 Case status change - RFE (I-485)

02.12.2015 Biometrics Appt

02.12.2015 Received I-485 RFE letter and sent requested info back to NBC

02.18.2015 Case status change - I-485 RFE information received by NBC

03.09.2015 EAD/AP Approved

03.16.2015 EAD/AP Card mailed

03.18.2015 EAD/AP Card Received

06.15.2015 I-485 Interview Waiver Letter received (dated 6.11.2015)

08.28.2015 I-485 Approved - Card in Production email received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Yes but if we all contribute and post the link to sign this petition on every possible site not only VJ, thats how we could of get the 100,000 signatures. We all need to post it on every site we go to, like Facebook, tweeter, classmates, email to friends and family members, work mates... etc. Not only VJ. But VJ members need to help out, instead of just waiting. Not only one or 2 people supposed to do this. its important to work on it together, we could of beenmore ssuccessful with it if All members contributed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

136 people aren't going to change a law. 136,000 people maybe. The count is so low because we at VJ are such a very very very small piece of the prospective immigrants out there. Also, I didn't "come up" with 15,000 people, you can see how many applications there are out there at the USCIS Dashboard.

Half (probably more than half) the people complaining aren't even at 5 months yet. You all need to chill out.

It is possible that others that have not posted or signed up here have interest in changing something that is not fair. Also most people have more than 5 friends and/or family. If you want to chill so be it, but it makes no sense for you to try to define what others need to to do. Everyone is different, are in different situations, and are going to do what they see best fit for themselves.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I generally agree with what you have to say on this forum but I must take exception with this last statement.

Maybe we should in more cases down here but it just ain't our way or Boston harbor would not have smelled like Earl Grey some 241 years ago and we would be drinking that ####### at 16.00 every day. (No offense to my Brit friends out there) :)

My point is this....why should anyone chill? Why can't they complain and why should they wait until 5 months to begin complaining?

EVERYONE fills out the same exact paperwork

EVERYONE pays the same exact fee.

EVERYONE mails their package to the same address

YET, (This is Jan - Mar 2014 data)

47% of the people receive petition approvals in 9 - 38% of the stated 5 month time frame. (CSC)

AND

53% of the people receive petition approval in 97 - 114% of the stated 5 month time frame. (TSC)

Of the ~12,240 pending petitions nationwide:

67% of those are sitting at TSC

and

33% are sitting at CSC

WHILE,

TSC only received 53% of the total during that period.

AND

TSC only approved 42% of the total number approved in that same period.

So, with that said, I say they have EVERY right to complain and not just chill out. As a matter of fact, they have every right to be screaming mad and yelling at the top of their lungs to whoever will listen. Many use this forum as a sounding board to vent and that is pretty much all they are doing...including myself.

Does complaining really make a difference?...probably not...but it may make them feel better and in some cases, it actually works. I refer you to the person who got a NOA2 after 3 months due to Congressional participation. A lot of people complained about that...I say, more power to you. He/She yelled and someone listened. They did not want to wait for 5 - 8 months...they wanted a faster approval like the 47%...why not?

Another thing...perhaps it is easier to chill when you (anyone) are only a 2 - 5 hour flight away and can easily visit each other often. When you get to see your other half every 8 - 15 months and have to spend 20+ hours on 3 planes (both ways) to do it...we may want to yell a little louder and sooner than others. Just like it is easy for someone to preach patience and tell us how they understand and relate to the wait after they just received a 13 day NOA2 (NO THEY DON'T...gawd that drives me nuts). Again, why not?

Is 5 months out of our life (actually 7 - 9 with NVC & visa) going to make a hill of beans after all is said and done? Maybe not, but I would rather have her in my arms in 3 rather than 9 any day...that's 6 months gone that you never get back and life is too precious to simply write off like a tax loss.

Bottom line, if you are past 60 days...you can yell in my book. I have yet to see (with rare exceptions) anyone at CSC go beyond 60 days to NOA2. Hell, several have Visa in hand by that time.

Last thing (and I can't believe I went on this long)...I personally don't care how fast TSC was 1 or 2 years ago and how the delays shift from one center to another. I deal with the here and now and what affects me....CSC should (and were) have been complaining a year ago...now it's our turn :)

Ok, really last time....if people screw up and cause their own delays, it's on them and they really can't complain. Looking at the numbers above with everyone starting on a level playing field, nah, it is definitely ok for the unfortunate half to complain, but, it would help to complain to the right people of course.

Well Said. *cheer *clap *applaud etc etc. My opinion- if ppl want to be sheep, fine and dandy. If ppl want to make a statement, make a statement. But as a sheep, don't get pissy when the louder ones get nearer to their goals.

(I was the one who got a 3 month approval from contacting my Senator; although now bc TSC are idiots, they only just mailed the approved application out last week to NVC.) And, wait for it, I told my Senator about that too.

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Timeline

It is possible that others that have not posted or signed up here have interest in changing something that is not fair. Also most people have more than 5 friends and/or family. If you want to chill so be it, but it makes no sense for you to try to define what others need to to do. Everyone is different, are in different situations, and are going to do what they see best fit for themselves.

Are we really all that different? Unless you're in a dire situation that requires an expedite we're all in the same boat. We all have someone we miss and one case (not counting the expedites) isn't more special than the other. To be honest I thought we would get at least 500 signatures, one could say I was being pessimistic but apparently I had high hopes.

My point was that a White House petition wasn't the way to go about it, unless you have an issue worth media attention (something like gun control, or marijuana legalization, or gay rights). One can argue that we have an immigration issue, but is really an issue when one service center is going faster than the other? To us it is, but to everyone else there are bigger problems out there. We can argue about this until we die.

I generally agree with what you have to say on this forum but I must take exception with this last statement.

Maybe we should in more cases down here but it just ain't our way or Boston harbor would not have smelled like Earl Grey some 241 years ago and we would be drinking that ####### at 16.00 every day. (No offense to my Brit friends out there) :)

My point is this....why should anyone chill? Why can't they complain and why should they wait until 5 months to begin complaining?

EVERYONE fills out the same exact paperwork

EVERYONE pays the same exact fee.

EVERYONE mails their package to the same address

YET, (This is Jan - Mar 2014 data)

47% of the people receive petition approvals in 9 - 38% of the stated 5 month time frame. (CSC)

AND

53% of the people receive petition approval in 97 - 114% of the stated 5 month time frame. (TSC)

Of the ~12,240 pending petitions nationwide:

67% of those are sitting at TSC

and

33% are sitting at CSC

WHILE,

TSC only received 53% of the total during that period.

AND

TSC only approved 42% of the total number approved in that same period.

So, with that said, I say they have EVERY right to complain and not just chill out. As a matter of fact, they have every right to be screaming mad and yelling at the top of their lungs to whoever will listen. Many use this forum as a sounding board to vent and that is pretty much all they are doing...including myself.

Does complaining really make a difference?...probably not...but it may make them feel better and in some cases, it actually works. I refer you to the person who got a NOA2 after 3 months due to Congressional participation. A lot of people complained about that...I say, more power to you. He/She yelled and someone listened. They did not want to wait for 5 - 8 months...they wanted a faster approval like the 47%...why not?

Another thing...perhaps it is easier to chill when you (anyone) are only a 2 - 5 hour flight away and can easily visit each other often. When you get to see your other half every 8 - 15 months and have to spend 20+ hours on 3 planes (both ways) to do it...we may want to yell a little louder and sooner than others. Just like it is easy for someone to preach patience and tell us how they understand and relate to the wait after they just received a 13 day NOA2 (NO THEY DON'T...gawd that drives me nuts). Again, why not?

Is 5 months out of our life (actually 7 - 9 with NVC & visa) going to make a hill of beans after all is said and done? Maybe not, but I would rather have her in my arms in 3 rather than 9 any day...that's 6 months gone that you never get back and life is too precious to simply write off like a tax loss.

Bottom line, if you are past 60 days...you can yell in my book. I have yet to see (with rare exceptions) anyone at CSC go beyond 60 days to NOA2. Hell, several have Visa in hand by that time.

Last thing (and I can't believe I went on this long)...I personally don't care how fast TSC was 1 or 2 years ago and how the delays shift from one center to another. I deal with the here and now and what affects me....CSC should (and were) have been complaining a year ago...now it's our turn :)

Ok, really last time....if people screw up and cause their own delays, it's on them and they really can't complain. Looking at the numbers above with everyone starting on a level playing field, nah, it is definitely ok for the unfortunate half to complain, but, it would help to complain to the right people of course.

Texasav8r, I feel you man.

The argument between TSC and CSC is moot. Processing times are an average, and as far as USCIS is concerned the two service centers are processing applications at the same speed. WE obviously know that isn't true, because it isn't. If the average processing time is 5 months, there will be people approved quicker and there will be people approved not so quick, that's how an average works. In the eyes of USCIS we'd have an argument if the two service centers processed the same exact forms in the same exact amount and had the exact same priorities. Even still, we'd all have to have the exact same clear cut cases with no problems. TSC is the largest service center of them all (because everything is bigger in Texas) which is probably why they get the bulk of the petitions. We at TSC definitely got the shorter end of the stick, I won't dispute that, but we can't sit here and act like we know how the system should work.

I never said we couldn't complain, but to encourage people to contact congressmen after waiting 60 days is foolish and inconsiderate to those waiting longer (assuming they have issues with their petition), that's where my issue is. Unless a reason came up that requires an expedite save the complaints for the VJ forum. We all have the same problem, we miss our fiance(e)s, the fact that people haven't seen their loved ones in months, or even over a year (but obviously less than 2 years :P) doesn't make their case any more important than others. Just because some of us can see our loved ones more than others during this process doesn't mean we miss them any less. We're not the only ones out there that TSC has to deal with. In the end we will all make it, and despite the slightly longer wait we'll still make it a lot sooner than others do.

Well Said. *cheer *clap *applaud etc etc. My opinion- if ppl want to be sheep, fine and dandy. If ppl want to make a statement, make a statement. But as a sheep, don't get pissy when the louder ones get nearer to their goals.

(I was the one who got a 3 month approval from contacting my Senator; although now bc TSC are idiots, they only just mailed the approved application out last week to NVC.) And, wait for it, I told my Senator about that too.

My opinion, you're inconsiderate. I was all for your letter until you made it all about you toward the end like you're the only one with those problems, actually you didn't even wait that long because you put your case number right in the first paragraph. So much for not wanting special treatment.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are we really all that different? Unless you're in a dire situation that requires an expedite we're all in the same boat. We all have someone we miss and one case (not counting the expedites) isn't more special than the other. To be honest I thought we would get at least 500 signatures, one could say I was being pessimistic but apparently I had high hopes.

My point was that a White House petition wasn't the way to go about it, unless you have an issue worth media attention (something like gun control, or marijuana legalization, or gay rights). One can argue that we have an immigration issue, but is really an issue when one service center is going faster than the other? To us it is, but to everyone else there are bigger problems out there. We can argue about this until we die.

Texasav8r, I feel you man.

The argument between TSC and CSC is moot. Processing times are an average, and as far as USCIS is concerned the two service centers are processing applications at the same speed. WE obviously know that isn't true, because it isn't. If the average processing time is 5 months, there will be people approved quicker and there will be people approved not so quick, that's how an average works. In the eyes of USCIS we'd have an argument if the two service centers processed the same exact forms in the same exact amount and had the exact same priorities. Even still, we'd all have to have the exact same clear cut cases with no problems. TSC is the largest service center of them all (because everything is bigger in Texas) which is probably why they get the bulk of the petitions. We at TSC definitely got the shorter end of the stick, I won't dispute that, but we can't sit here and act like we know how the system should work.

I never said we couldn't complain, but to encourage people to contact congressmen after waiting 60 days is foolish and inconsiderate to those waiting longer (assuming they have issues with their petition), that's where my issue is. Unless a reason came up that requires an expedite save the complaints for the VJ forum. We all have the same problem, we miss our fiance(e)s, the fact that people haven't seen their loved ones in months, or even over a year (but obviously less than 2 years :P) doesn't make their case any more important than others. Just because some of us can see our loved ones more than others during this process doesn't mean we miss them any less. We're not the only ones out there that TSC has to deal with. In the end we will all make it, and despite the slightly longer wait we'll still make it a lot sooner than others do.

My opinion, you're inconsiderate. I was all for your letter until you made it all about you toward the end like you're the only one with those problems, actually you didn't even wait that long because you put your case number right in the first paragraph. So much for not wanting special treatment.

JFGK1987

Yes each case and situation is different. Every person is different. I'm still trying to figure what makes you think you know what is best for people you don't know. Try not seeing your loved one for this whole process and see if you miss them "any more". Then maybe you could speak to how someone may feel in the same situation.Even then you would be walking in only your shoes. My point was to help you understand that it is up to the individual whether he or she wants to "chill".

Sure hope you have more evidence that TSC is the largest service center other than Everthing is bigger in Texas... smh

Edited by ldt0423

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree with him too.....good for you for composing that letter and trying to take action. There is no line that you are jumping, nobody you're putting out by being proactive. We all care about our petition the most, and that's the way it should be. You worried about your situation and got proactive, I applaud you and thank you for your sample letter that you shared. People can simply take this and make some small edits to make it fit thier particular situation and hopefully have the same outcome.....I know I will. Thanks again!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

jfgk1987, I don't think you get my point. If petition was made out using realistcal numbers and majority of that number is met, there will be some action that comes from it regardless if it was sent to the White House or the Blues House. Someone will be directed to look at what's going on unless you think Obama is the one doing the chasing. If that's the case I'll just wish you a good day and end the conversation.

Also, it doesn't have to be 136K signatures or some outragous numbers you mentioned when they qualify the petition to be publically posted at 200 signatures. If 200 is minmum, anything above that makes for stronger case that the petition will be actioned against.

This is not that hard. Complaing will get you zero results and probabily get you some hate from someone who's in worse situation than you. Signing petition by groups of people may get the issue some visibility for people to look at. Let's see, zero vs 1% or higher... What would you go with if you're a gambling person?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance's town was destroyed in a flood. The military came in and forced everyone to evacuate. Refugee trailers were set up outside of town. People died. I filed an expedite and the government didn't even ask for more information, they just flat out denied it. If that doesn't put some perspective on things then I don't know what does.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check how many of us February fillers from the TSC still waiting for our NOA2? It looks like everybody from the other February 2014 thread is beyond that step.

I'm a mid February filer I'm still waiting ### well the NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.