Beautifulday

Is this a problem?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, if he makes less and you have no co-sponsor you will get denied.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm not sure how this works. He tried to explain but it makes no sense. He's saying that he claimed him for last year... He filled it this year but he's telling me that his nephew isn't included in his household this year...

study (in this order) :

I-864P

I-134

I-864.

Report back, when you've finished up this study.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Yes. If he makes less than 125% poverty line your case will get a RFE and be denied if you dont have the income proof. Your option is to get a sponsor.

Edited by panamajourney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Yes. If he makes less than 125% poverty line your case will get a RFE and be denied if you dont have the income proof. Your option is to get a sponsor.

I don't even know just yet if he makes enough or not. If it says it's gotta be 24 thousand a year, is it before or after taxes?

And how would i get a sponsor... He was my sponsor, he got me here to America a few times and provided for me fully

Before taxes... Gross income.

He would have to find a "joint sponsor" someone who would be willing to also sign an I-134 (and the legally binding I-864 if needed) for you.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Before taxes... Gross income.

He would have to find a "joint sponsor" someone who would be willing to also sign an I-134 (and the legally binding I-864 if needed) for you.

Lol what do u mean gross income?

He will find out exactly how much he makes and if it's not enough then I'll consider this option.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

bonus points for doing stuff listed in post #18.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he does not meet the income for (3) I would say you have a big problem. If he claimed the nephew for 2012, how can he not claim him for 2013? Is there tax fraud for his 2012 taxes? This may be looked at very closely.,.,you may need a co-sponsor on standby.,.,this tax thing.,.,claiming him one year and then not claiming him.,.,.is a giant "red flag" in my opinion!

Especially, if he does not meet the income requirements1

Timeline

If he does not meet the income for (3) I would say you have a big problem. If he claimed the nephew for 2012, how can he not claim him for 2013? Is there tax fraud for his 2012 taxes? This may be looked at very closely.,.,you may need a co-sponsor on standby.,.,this tax thing.,.,claiming him one year and then not claiming him.,.,.is a giant "red flag" in my opinion!

Especially, if he does not meet the income requirements1

There was no fraud. He's been taking care of his nephew so that's why he claimed him. I guess I misunderstood and I think he will do it again, this all is really confusing to me as things don't work this way at all in my country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT TO FILL IN YOUR TIMELINE, BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE THREADS,.,.,

IT WOULD TELL THE EXPERTS HERE, SO MUCH OF WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW! WISH IT WAS A REQUIREMENT, UNLESS.,.,.,THERE IS NO TIMELINE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE!

GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT IMMIGRATTION..,.,WOULD BE WELCOMED. Just my opinion.,.,.,.,

You are NOT in your country!

Timeline

IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT TO FILL IN YOUR TIMELINE, BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE THREADS,.,.,

IT WOULD TELL THE EXPERTS HERE, SO MUCH OF WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW! WISH IT WAS A REQUIREMENT, UNLESS.,.,.,THERE IS NO TIMELINE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE!

GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT IMMIGRATTION..,.,WOULD BE WELCOMED. Just my opinion.,.,.,.,

You are NOT in your country!

OK? What does that have to do with anything.... All I said was that this is all confusing to me hence me making this thread in the first place..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he claimed an income of less than 24,760 for 2013 and claimed 1 dependant (his nephew) then you may have a problem going forward. If he claimed his parents or others in addition to his nephew then you may have a problem. There are ways around this in terms of getting a co-sponsor when the time comes but you'll want to consider that in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.