Ajinomoto123

Father not wanting to sign I-130

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

were you legally adopted? one thing is to register you illegally as his child

another thing is going through a legal adoption

then when did he legally adopt you? do you have proof of the adoption?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi

were you legally adopted? one thing is to register you illegally as his child

another thing is going through a legal adoption

then when did he legally adopt you? do you have proof of the adoption?

Yes of course! he adopted me here in Brazil, I have the document, since of course I-130 asked for it. It is legal from a registered on notary's office and signed by a judge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

However, he is not living in the USA, and if he would move there, he cannot be forced to file an I130 for you... Sorry

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And he doesn't want to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Does your mom have a green card? I suppose the easiest way would be to wait until she becomes a US citizen. Wouldn't he be a derivative citizen if he was young enough?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Hey, my mom won´t be a US citizen so soon, at leat not before I am 21. So the new question is: If my father files the I-130 in the US, I won´t have to file a I-485, I can do the Consular Processing here in Brazil since I´m not in the US, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As stated above tHe adopted parent cannot be forced to file the I-130 regardless if he is married or divorced. This visa is not applicable unless he is moving to the US and requests to take you with him but from what gather he is not moving to the US.

Good luck...

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hey, my mom won´t be a US citizen so soon, at leat not before I am 21. So the new question is: If my father files the I-130 in the US, I won´t have to file a I-485, I can do the Consular Processing here in Brazil since I´m not in the US, right?

No.

Why can't you understand that no matter were he files the I-130, you cannot get a visa as long as your adopted father lives in Brazil?

You seem to ignore what people have posted.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my sponsor would be his doughter´s husband (US citizen), and he wants me to go to the US.

What? Your idea is for your step-father's daughter's husband to petition for you?

No.

I think we can rule out the Student Visa option.

Ha!

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

What? Your idea is for your step-father's daughter's husband to petition for you?

No.

Ha!

No, he is only my sponsor.

I think we can rule out the Student Visa option.

By the way I study International Relations, but I woudn´t like go go to the US and continuing studying right away.

Timeline

No, he is only my sponsor.

By the way I study International Relations, but I woudn´t like go go to the US and continuing studying right away.

So when are your mother and/or step-father making the permanent move to the US?

6gai.jpg

Timeline

So when are your mother and/or step-father making the permanent move to the US?

My mother wont, my father will probably go on May, but I´m not sure he will move permanently. So I can only file I-130 on May or can I file it now and file for Green Card on May?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Your father has to BE LIVE WORK HAVE A HOME in US permanently - not only visit - he could even file from abroad but only if he would be able to provide DOMICILE.

maybe you should make more research now about domicile before asking another Q.

(someone correct me if I am wrong :) )

Edited by nanana

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Timeline

My mother wont, my father will probably go on May, but I´m not sure he will move permanently. So I can only file I-130 on May or can I file it now and file for Green Card on May?

So your potential soon-to-be-divorced step-father will be taking a temporary trip to the US and doesn't want to file for you anyway, and your mother will be staying in Brazil?

Then you have no business in the US.

Enjoy Brazil.

Edited by Avery Cates

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.