Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just got NOA1 and was told Nebraska is our center. I'm pretty gutted as I understand Nebraska is a slow center. I really need my wife to have her visa by June/July at the latest so she can start work - she is a doctor and the recruitment system for residencies is once per year, if she misses this year because of no visa, she will have less chance next year. How likely do you think it is? We have 8 year relationship history married in Ireland last year, I've re-established residency in Texas. According to the publicly available info, they are processing i-130s from 7 months ago which would mean that we won't get it in time. Does anybody think we have a shot?

A really honest answer since you're trying to make plans is that there's almost zero chance that you'll have the visa by June or July with Nebraska. It's rare anyone is getting approved there in faster than 5 months. Then a month to send to NVC and them to assign a case number. Then you can accelerate that process a bit, and maybe NVC will get a little less backlogged, but it's probably at least another month there. And then another month or two to interview. So best case with Nebraska is about 8 months. Sorry!

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

A really honest answer since you're trying to make plans is that there's almost zero chance that you'll have the visa by June or July with Nebraska. It's rare anyone is getting approved there in faster than 5 months. Then a month to send to NVC and them to assign a case number. Then you can accelerate that process a bit, and maybe NVC will get a little less backlogged, but it's probably at least another month there. And then another month or two to interview. So best case with Nebraska is about 8 months. Sorry!

I was thinking that. It's fairly disappointing. I will have to explore the possibility of a J-1 visa for her and then applying for change of status once the IR1 is approved. It's really frustrating, but I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem!

Timeline

I was thinking that. It's fairly disappointing. I will have to explore the possibility of a J-1 visa for her and then applying for change of status once the IR1 is approved. It's really frustrating, but I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem!

I don't know a lot about medical residencies, but a lot of fellow postdocs were foreign and had no trouble getting sponsored for visas that way. I don't know that she can go through the standard match process anyway since she's foreign. Universities can easily sponsor people.

I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just got NOA1 and was told Nebraska is our center. I'm pretty gutted as I understand Nebraska is a slow center. I really need my wife to have her visa by June/July at the latest so she can start work - she is a doctor and the recruitment system for residencies is once per year, if she misses this year because of no visa, she will have less chance next year. How likely do you think it is? We have 8 year relationship history married in Ireland last year, I've re-established residency in Texas. According to the publicly available info, they are processing i-130s from 7 months ago which would mean that we won't get it in time. Does anybody think we have a shot?

We were in Nebraska for 136 days then Dec 17 2015 we were approved and moved to NVC. We did not get out of NVC until Nov 16 2016. It took 11 months!!! So Its a hard process and we just barely got our interview for January.. But at least we can see the Light at the end of this very long process.. Our priority date is July 31 which dont make a difference because I am an US Citizen but the process is long and its hard especially when you can not be with each other.. My husband is from India and I am from The states.. So just prepare yourself to know its going to be a long process.. You can hire a expensive lawyer that cost a lot of money to get you out in 9 months I know a friend did this but personally we could not afford such luxuries.. Good luck with your process..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't know a lot about medical residencies, but a lot of fellow postdocs were foreign and had no trouble getting sponsored for visas that way. I don't know that she can go through the standard match process anyway since she's foreign. Universities can easily sponsor people.

There's no problem with match as she already is interviewing but there is a problem with J-1 - two year home residency rule. There's no way to change status from j-1 to IR1 without a waiver to the two year home residency which apparently is next to impossible to get. I'm so annoyed right now. Again, I know I'm not the only one. We really have to hope for good luck and no RFE's and maybe the visa gets granted before her work starts, and then the only delay will be the green card.

Timeline

I got my NOA 2 on 11-17, Any ideas how long it takes to hear from NVC? With thanksgiving I'm assuming things slowed down some.

For me it was about 3 weeks between NOA2 and a case number being assigned. The app or an e-mail should tell you when it gets sent to NVC. I know it seems slow when the rest of us live in the age of the internet.

I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

There's no problem with match as she already is interviewing but there is a problem with J-1 - two year home residency rule. There's no way to change status from j-1 to IR1 without a waiver to the two year home residency which apparently is next to impossible to get. I'm so annoyed right now. Again, I know I'm not the only one. We really have to hope for good luck and no RFE's and maybe the visa gets granted before her work starts, and then the only delay will be the green card.

Nebraska =

N ightmare

E veryone

B elieves

R eally

A nyway

S hamlessly

K iboshing

A ll

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I thought this day would never come.

I thought I would never see those 3 words but, it finally happened.

CASE WAS APPROVED !!! APPROVED ! APPROVED !!!

I am sorry for being so dramatic lol ! I am shaking right now. My husband and I cried . Tears of joy :cry:

Thank you everyone for always being so supportive. I appreciate everyone here so much.

PD March 29 ( After 8 months )

Timeline

I am sorry for being so dramatic lol ! I am shaking right now. My husband and I cried . Tears of joy :cry:

Thank you everyone for always being so supportive. I appreciate everyone here so much.

Wow, you really got Nebraska'd. Congrats and good lucks on the next steps! If you want to speed things up, make sure you get all your NVC documents together now.

I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Anyone point me to the next thread. (my was case was approved and now sent to Department of state)

I just got a message that states my "Case was sent to The Department Of State". Does that mean, I still need to wait for a letter from NVC with the case number? Or should I be calling NVC for a case number?

Thanks

Timeline

Anyone point me to the next thread. (my was case was approved and now sent to Department of state)

I just got a message that states my "Case was sent to The Department Of State". Does that mean, I still need to wait for a letter from NVC with the case number? Or should I be calling NVC for a case number?

Thanks

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/618452-nvc-filers-december-2016/page-16

It takes a little bit of time for it to arrive and then 1-2 weeks for a case number to assigned. After that it's in your interest to speed things up a bit.

I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are at 193 days. PD June 1
Transferred to Texas Oct 18 and nothing yet

:( I don't know what to say........

Question for the ones left before my date.
Do
any of you have any obvious Red Flags? We have an age difference and I have gone through immigration before? (Me being the American Citizen)
My husband is Muslim, from Egypt.

Our Journey
4/12/16 ....Married
4/15/16 ....Wedding Party

NVC
2/28/17......NOA 2 "APPROVED"
3/10/17......Case transferred to NVC (received text, email and alerts on app)
3/16/17......Case not received yet NVC 603-334-0700
3/21/17......Case received by NVC (can take another 2 weeks to scan into the system)
3/27/17......CRO2017583004 case number given over the phone / 41082348 invoice id number
3/28/17.....NOA2 hard copy received
3/28/17......I am the Registered Agent
3/29/17......NVC Welcome Letter (ACL)
3/30/17.....OAS FEE PAID $125.00
4/1/17........IV FEE PAID $ 325.00
4/5/17........Nagy send me all documents from Egypt
4/10/17.....Received Nagy's DHL Shipment
4/9/17........Submitted DS-260
4/15/17......Mailed ALL supporting documents & Affidavit of Support to NVC 
..................USPS 9505 5000 2326 7105 0001 16
4/17/2017....NVC received our paperwork
4/18/2017....NVC Scan Date (waiting 11 weeks from this date)
6/14/2017....Case Accepted for Expedite
7/31/2017....Interview at the Embassy
7/31/2017....In AP
1/21/2018....Contacted our Senator's Office for help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am at 225 days. I've been transferred 3x. Only for year age difference.My husband father filled for him years ago but nothing came of it. I add told we still haven't been assigned to a officer yet.

Do any of you have any obvious Red Flags? We have an age difference and I have gone through immigration before? (Me being the American Citizen)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Do any of you have any obvious Red Flags? We have an age difference and I have gone through immigration before? (Me being the American Citizen)

Time to call, ask for second level at Call Centre and ask them what they see, get them to put a file note on your case and question if worthwhile to expedite.

Next, ask US citizen to engage their local Senator to investigate case ,,, you are past the "5 months"

My US relatives are amazed at the unfolding story of waiting, admin intensity and because they have never experienced anyone going through the process ....

:dancing::dancing::rofl::thumbs::thumbs:

Congratulations,,,,, time to celebrate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.