Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Received our transfer notice today. We were transfered to Texas. Reason given was record shows Texas service center has jurisdiction over case. Nevertheless, hoping for an approval soon. Approaching 5 month mark.

How many people are still waiting for USCIS to send the approved I-130 to NVC?

I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks and saw on the app that they started sending petitions approved on 9, 10 & some of 11th on 9/2/16. I am starting get really worried and this frustration is starting to turn into depression. 7 months since submitting case has been longest ever and waiting is taking troll on me.

My i130 was approved 3rd August and sent to NVC 18th August. That seemed fast compared to others around mind so if it's been 3 weeks I'd say you'll be close to being sent to NVC. You can give them a call and ask to speak to a supervisor/tier 2 officer. Then ask them when you can expect to have it sent to NVC.

Just so you don't let it get to you too much, be prepared for a wait when it gets sent. Mine has been sent to NVC but as of Friday they hadn't lodged it as received, and it will be a couple more weeks for a Case number from then. But rest assured that you're moving through the process. The time from NVC to being finished with this whole process should be far less than the wait time you had at USCIS.

Hang in there

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My i130 was approved 3rd August and sent to NVC 18th August. That seemed fast compared to others around mind so if it's been 3 weeks I'd say you'll be close to being sent to NVC. You can give them a call and ask to speak to a supervisor/tier 2 officer. Then ask them when you can expect to have it sent to NVC.

Just so you don't let it get to you too much, be prepared for a wait when it gets sent. Mine has been sent to NVC but as of Friday they hadn't lodged it as received, and it will be a couple more weeks for a Case number from then. But rest assured that you're moving through the process. The time from NVC to being finished with this whole process should be far less than the wait time you had at USCIS.

Hang in there

I did call USCIS on Friday and the Tier2 officer said that it will be at NVC in 30 days which I don't believe a they have it send it by Friday. Officer also said that I should check with NVC on 15 and if they still didn't receive than call them back. But I am getting these negative feelings that if it get past 30 days than they're going to give me run arounds before addressing my issue.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

How many people are still waiting for USCIS to send the approved I-130 to NVC?

I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks and saw on the app that they started sending petitions approved on 9, 10 & some of 11th on 9/2/16. I am starting get really worried and this frustration is starting to turn into depression. 7 months since submitting case has been longest ever and waiting is taking troll on me.

Ours got approved August 09 and no NVC confirmation yet. Been calling them at least twice a week. I know what you're feeling.

Ours got approved August 09 and no NVC confirmation yet. Been calling them at least twice a week. I know what you're feeling.

Am sick to my stomach with this. Its been a luck of draw for us...

Those that went to Texas are even getting interview dates already. here we are still at USCIS.

This is terribly disorganised and involves so many personal sad stories...

One would wonder why the files didn't go to Texas directly - instead of sitting in Nebraska for a few months and then moving.

and now those who get approved don't move to NVC for ages either.

Just venting!

Filed: Timeline

Our NOA 2 dates 29/08, I hope that it will get sooner to NVC from Texas rather than Nebraska.

Praying for all those who are still waiting.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Timeline

Have you checked your case status online to see if and when did they send your case to NVC? NVC is only going to receive it after status changes online that case was sent to the Department of State.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Timeline

Have you checked your case status online to see if and when did they send your case to NVC? NVC is only going to receive it after status changes online that case was sent to the Department of State.

Online is still the approval page but as what I've learned form other people here, USCIS does not change the status to sent to NVC all the time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Online is still the approval page but as what I've learned form other people here, USCIS does not change the status to sent to NVC all the time.

Online I can't remember if it will tell you are not. But I know that the app will most definitely tell you when it's sent from USCIS.

Timeline

Online I can't remember if it will tell you are not. But I know that the app will most definitely tell you when it's sent from USCIS.

Which app is that Ms.F.Brown?

Timeline

Which app is that Ms.F.Brown?

Please see: http://www.usciscasetracker.com

The app is called "USCIS Case Status Tracker & Searcher."

It is available for free download for both iOS and Andriod users.

???

Timeline

Please see: http://www.usciscasetracker.com

The app is called "USCIS Case Status Tracker & Searcher."

It is available for free download for both iOS and Andriod users.

???

BlessingDawn, clicked the link and it's for Apple only. I'm Android :(

Timeline

BlessingDawn, clicked the link and it's for Apple only. I'm Android :(

Oops, sorry! Here you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spinachsoftware.immigration.uscis.casestatus&hl=en

???

Timeline

Oh.. well I already have that. Just showed the same as the website shows. :'(

Timeline

Oh.. well I already have that. Just showed the same as the website shows. :'(

Hang in there, it'll be okay!!! Your petition was approved in 46 days (according to your timeline)! ?

Congratulations, the hardest part is over!!! NVC will receive your approved petition very soon! Don't worry, all is well! ?

In the meantime, have you gathered up all the necessary documents and information for the next stage?

May God Bless You And Your Family! ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.