Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Form I-130:

I didn't input the Embassy information ( Montreal,canada ) in I-130 . Do you think they will reject the petition ??

They won't reject it. But they might ask for clarification further down the line. Although it's probably obvious that you will have a Montreal interview if the addresss is in Canada. Hopefully they will "join the dots" themselves and realise that. But nothing is certain.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

My case was transferred. Just got an update. April 25 PD. Im so upset. I thought I would get an approval going into month 5. This is beyond upsetting to me. The new office could treat it like a new case. the hell is this

My case was transferred to TX and 2 weeks after it was approved so transfer is something good my PD 04/15

PD April 26 and got transferred today. I'm not upset about it at all because someone finally touched it after 4 months of nobody laying a finger in it !????? I just wish they told you where it's getting transferred to instead of having to wait for the notice in the mail.

Wow a lot of transfers lately! Hoping that you all get good news soon.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It's good to see so many movements lately! JFH I have to say I don't post a lot but I read the topics and your posts are always full of wisdom and reassuring. I agree with all your points (post on the last page) and though it's frustrating to see some people moving so much quickly, I wouldn't want to not be able to work right away either and worse, being unsure I'll be able to stay in the end and having to go through the long wait (again) of an AOS.

Edited by __Siri

Aah well each one to their own. I honestly dont care if the visa is inferior or even to stay under housearrest for a few months! Just want to be with my husband...

As a couple in our early 40s feels like our special time is running out...

Aah well each one to their own. I honestly dont care if the visa is inferior or even to stay under housearrest for a few months! Just want to be with my husband...

We are even older! My husbsnd will be 50 next month and I wished we could spend his "big" birthday together but we will postpone the celebrations until I arrive.

Any reason you didn't do a K-1?

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

I have the same fear! I'm 43 and my hubby is 52 and will have another birthday before he gets here. I feel like our future is wasting away with each passing day. It's scary so I just try not to think about it too much...lol.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm 29 and my wife's 25. I'm hoping to celebrate 14th February 2017 together here in the states. Fingers crossed :)

PD is July 25th...hoping for the best

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

We are even older! My husbsnd will be 50 next month and I wished we could spend his "big" birthday together but we will postpone the celebrations until I arrive.

Any reason you didn't do a K-1?

Yes good reasons I didn't do a K-1 - Biggest one being we didn't know any better and the lawyer we met misguided us.

I had travelled about 7 times to the US in a few months to see him and he came half ways across the world to see me a few times. Basically we were not apart more than 2.5 weeks at a time. Our lawyer told us its cool we could get married whenever and then adjust status... He also said once I filed K1 I may not be able to travel for 3-4 months (which at that time seemed to us end of the world!).

Wedding was in the US on one of my trips there. Left as usual as we had planned to continue with me travelling every 2 weeks to be with him for 2 weeks for a few months given my kids situation and he with his kids situation.... My passport damaged and a new B1/B2 was refused as I was now married to USC and all the related reasons. He does fly all those endless hours of up to 32 hours on connecting flights every 6-8 weeks for 4-5 days but its not as easy as he runs cash businesses, has ageing parents and kids on that end.

If the lawyer had given us the actual situation - we would not have married as early. Done a K1 for sure.

I understand the lawyer may have looked at the here and now situation as we met him on one of my previous trip and he said you guys want to marry eventually get married this time Adjust Status etc. We said 'not this time' he said 'okay any of your other future trips given I was travelling so much'.

We were quite silly to not research further (well I did glance at visa journey but thought our lawyer should know better!). We were just so happy to have found each other after tough lives we didn't think immigration could keep couples apart. :sleepy:

I didn't know the rules at that time I laugh hard when I think back asking the lawyer, saying I don't want to bother with Citizenship or Green card - just a visa to live here is fine just want us to be together. I know so much better about rules now! :dancing:

I am a 'global citizen', passport of one country, born in another, travelled the full world, posted in different countries for work, do not belong to any religious group, think patriotism is wrong as it makes us hate other humans etc and somehow in my open minded thinking was limited in to realize some countries have strict immigration rules!

Where I live a spouse can be got in a week to two weeks max...

There's one good thing come our of this though - we learnt patience! :goofy:

To add to it the ex delayed giving me the kids custody paper and I really wanted to include it as the divorce was given to me (ages ago) in his absence and refusal to attend proceedings. Hence, filing our case took a few months and then the wait for process...

Edited by Auds

PS - Hubby spoke to Nebraska today, not sure Tier 1 or 2 but after hearing the full story (not mentioned here) of financial distress that suddenly came up after both of us being more than comfortable, the health issues and combination of circumstances that meant closer family are about to leave the country I am in, having no one in passport country etc etc * 5. She said we could file an expedite! He told her we did with documentation and she said she will put the request in again.

I know we are nearly there with April 29 PD date, but we have been quite unlucky all along and I now worry about our receipt number causing new issues. For some reason our receipt number is about 30000 after the last April 29 PD for I-130. There are none after us with that PD date either... Makes me feel they will forget our file again...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi friends

USCIS received my spouse petition I-130 on 28th April 2016 and now they have transferred my case to another office. Is it something unusual and should I expect delay now? My centre was Nebraska earlier and I am waiting for their letter to know where they have moved my petition now. Opinions please

Removal of Conditions

03/08/19  Sent ROC package to Arizona from California

03/11/19  Received by USCIS with Signature

03/15/19  Moneyorders were cashed out

No text or mail from USCIS received yet, Fingers Crossed!

Hi friends

USCIS received my spouse petition I-130 on 28th April 2016 and now they have transferred my case to another office. Is it something unusual and should I expect delay now? My centre was Nebraska earlier and I am waiting for their letter to know where they have moved my petition now. Opinions please

Everything is fine. Many petitions from Nebraska for the month of April, especially towards the end of April are being transferred. Usually once it's transferred the approval isn't too far behind. My PD is April 7 and still no approval or even a transfer. At least they have touched your petition. Good Luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey there fellow Nebraska VJ comrades, just wanted to tag along with this thread. I have a long way to go in regards to waiting time for I-130 approval (August 9 priority date). Counting down to Christmas! ?

Hang in there guys! ?

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for"~

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.