Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

hi everyone, how long does it take to receive the hardcopy of NOA 1. Hubby sent it last aug 17. Thank you.

Around 5-10 days, I got mine 6days after they sent email notifying they received my documents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey

Our PD is March 29th too. Its so frustrating to see a lot of approvals and our case just sitting there with the " case received " status. I would appreciate if someone could answer Jeniafrench question. When should we call them after the 5 months mark or before that and what to ask ?

Thank You .

Hello everyone!

Our PD is March 29. I've been checking the app and it seems like over 80% of the cases for this date are already approved/ RFEd. Ours not being one of them, even though all the cases around it are already taken care of.

As it is getting closer to the 5 months mark, I'm considering giving USCIS a call if doesn't get approved within this week. My question is: are there any tips on which kind of questions to ask on the phone to get more information on the case? I'm just scared to hear something like: "you are still within the normal processing time, call back in 2 months" and no answers at all.

As the case itself, I was really hoping for no delays since we've been married for almost 5 years, never lived apart and my husband lives overseas with me now. The only hypothetical complication i can think of is the fact that I had a CR-1 before (through the same husband) and then gave it up voluntarily due to us moving out of the US. Also, I live in Singapore which is not the country of my citizenship. Does anyone know if these circumstances could cause delays?

Thanks in advance! I good luck to all still waiting for NOA2 :)

Hey

Our PD is March 29th too. Its so frustrating to see a lot of approvals and our case just sitting there with the " case received " status. I would appreciate if someone could answer Jeniafrench question. When should we call them after the 5 months mark or before that and what to ask ?

Thank You .

You are free to call them now but for what I read before they might just tell you that you are within the 5month mark and they will tell you that they are working in a certain date which sometimes is not even true. You can try calling and just ask them for an update in your case

Hey

Thank You .

You can call them now. But the Nebraska typical processing time is 5 months and generally it's not uncommon to go to 6 months. There are many reasons someone's case is being approved earlier than others.. for what they are specifically, I'm not sure.

My PD date is April 7th. I still have not been approved yet either. I check my case status and all it says is 'case received'. For myself, I am going to wait until exactly 5 months and then begin calling if I have not received anything, ie. approval, RFE, or transfer.

All we can do at this moment is try and be patient as much as we can.

I've been living with my husband together for 7 years in his country, I have recently re-established domicile and still no word on my case. I'm just trying to be calm and wait it out as best I can. Hopefully soon we will all be approved.

Timeline

Yea thats what I have been reading too. Everyone basically gets the " generic " answers . I will wait till the first week of September. Hopefully will get an approval by then.

Thank you for replying.

You are free to call them now but for what I read before they might just tell you that you are within the 5month mark and they will tell you that they are working in a certain date which sometimes is not even true. You can try calling and just ask them for an update in your case

Timeline

Thats what I was thinking too wait 5 months (until August 29th) and then perhaps call first week of September. As you stated there is nothing we can do just have to be patient which is so hardddd :crying::cry:

Wishing you good luck and speedy approval :star:

Thank you for the reply.

You can call them now. But the Nebraska typical processing time is 5 months and generally it's not uncommon to go to 6 months. There are many reasons someone's case is being approved earlier than others.. for what they are specifically, I'm not sure.

My PD date is April 7th. I still have not been approved yet either. I check my case status and all it says is 'case received'. For myself, I am going to wait until exactly 5 months and then begin calling if I have not received anything, ie. approval, RFE, or transfer.

All we can do at this moment is try and be patient as much as we can.

I've been living with my husband together for 7 years in his country, I have recently re-established domicile and still no word on my case. I'm just trying to be calm and wait it out as best I can. Hopefully soon we will all be approved.

Thats what I was thinking too wait 5 months (until August 29th) and then perhaps call first week of September. As you stated there is nothing we can do just have to be patient which is so hardddd :crying::cry:

Wishing you good luck and speedy approval :star:

Thank you for the reply.

You're welcomed. I too wish you a quick approval. Take care. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey

Thank You .

I would suggest call after 5 months are over and ask to talk to Tier 2 officer, if you get a nice officer he may give you what is the exact status of you file, instead of generic answer that it's under normal processing time.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can anyone please tell me how to get to an actual person speaking on the USCIS helpline number. I do not get any options to talk to a real person. Please help. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Press 1 then 2,2,2 - you will get hold of real human from USCIS :)

Can anyone please tell me how to get to an actual person speaking on the USCIS helpline number. I do not get any options to talk to a real person. Please help. Thanks.

NOA1: 05/13/2016

I-130 approved: 10/04/2016

NVC Received: 10/27/2016

Case Complete by phone : 12/07/2016

CC by Email : 12/14/2016

Interview : 01/24/2017

Approved: 01/24/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I was still in the USCIS stage I always called 1-800-375-5283 and went through all the options. If you're calling this number you will be guaranteed to talk to a live rep. Gud luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.