Makafui

Please What Did This Means After The Interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dear VJ Memeber..

I went to the Interview today and everythings seems alright.The IO was really nice and the Interview took only about 15mins.She never asked for the pics ,My Birth Certificate,My daughter's Birth Certificate,My Wife USC and her birth cert too and other things that we have gathered except for only our joint bank account statement.After the Interview,she didnt say either we have been approved or not and that make us so confused.She only give us this interview result note which was subjected as NOTICE OF INTERVIEW RESULTS.Then it reads as;; ,You have just completed your interview. USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time.Your case being continued until a final decision can be made.Please see below for further explanation.. And this what she marked below for explanation........

Your case is being held for review.At this time USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you.Should further information or documents be required,you will receive a notice in the mail.Otherwise ,a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

That is what i got today when i went to the interview.Please i need to know if anyone has been through the same issue and how did it end.Every reply will be highly appreciated.

Timeline

Dear VJ Memeber..

I went to the Interview today and everythings seems alright.The IO was really nice and the Interview took only about 15mins.She never asked for the pics ,My Birth Certificate,My daughter's Birth Certificate,My Wife USC and her birth cert too and other things that we have gathered except for only our joint bank account statement.After the Interview,she didnt say either we have been approved or not and that make us so confused.She only give us this interview result note which was subjected as NOTICE OF INTERVIEW RESULTS.Then it reads as;; ,You have just completed your interview. USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time.Your case being continued until a final decision can be made.Please see below for further explanation.. And this what she marked below for explanation........

Your case is being held for review.At this time USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you.Should further information or documents be required,you will receive a notice in the mail.Otherwise ,a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

That is what i got today when i went to the interview.Please i need to know if anyone has been through the same issue and how did it end.Every reply will be highly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes, same thing happened to us on our 15-Jan interview. No documents were required from us either, interview seemed to go very well but we were told further review was required. To date we have no idea what is happening with our case or when we may be approved. Tomorrow marks 6-weeks since our interview. Our case still reads READY on the ceac website and the status updated date has changed 8+ times but still we wait in the black hole of administrative review. The good thing is neither you or us were denied at the interview so I guess that's a positive. :-) I just hope you have the final OK much sooner than we've been waiting cuz it's a brutal wait not knowing a thing.... Hang in there. As my fiancé and I keep saying, one day closer ;-)

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

As my understanding, simply the one who interview you is not the supervisor so the case has to be reviewed and signed off my the supervisor. For ones who are luckily interviewed by the supervisor then they may get the result right at the interview. I think the result will be positive for you guys :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A lot of times there is not a decision made instantly at the interview. Sometimes they take longer to go over your case. Hopefully your status changes to approval soon.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

thanks to everyone and we hope we hear something sooner. For Corey&Guyvens i am praying that somethings will be heard soon.It really feel sad when one is waiting for so long to hear this.Thanks very much and i pray that,everyone who is in this process will have a good news the next business days

Same thing happened to us. We were interviewed last week 2/19/14. Din't tell us anything nor gave us any such notice like you have got but just told us orally that if they need more information they will send us an RFE at the end of the interview. Been 8 days now just getting impatient.

8/13/2008 - F-1 Visa (POE: JFK)

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

3/17/2012 - Officially dating wub.png

4/28/2012 - Employer applied for H1B

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/1/2012 - RFE response sent(and changed to premium process)

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

9/17/2013 - Got Married dancin5hr.gifkicking.gif

11/27/2013 - AOS papers sent

12/5/2013 - AOS papers received {Day 1}

12/10/2013 - NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 {Day 5}

12/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment received {Day 13}

1/3/2014 - Biometrics done {Day 29}

1/14/2014 - NOA2 for interview set on 2/19/2014 {Day 40}

2/15/2014 - EAD Approved {Day 72}

2/19/2014 - Interview done waiting for approval {Day 76}

3/3/2014 - GC Approved!!!! (Card Production Ordered!!!) dancin5hr.gif {Day 88}

2/1/2016 - I-751 sent (ROC)

2/3/2016 - I-751 received/NOA1 letter sent

3/10/2016 - Biometrics done

8/15/2016 - I-751/ROC approved. Card being produced.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was interviewd in dec2013, my interview went very good but the CO didnt approve me on the spot rather she handed me 221g :( further administrative processing Its been 2 months i m waiting for my visa!! She told me it can take 1 to 3 months!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

this exact thing happened with us - we received the welcome letter 4 days later, and GC 5 days after the welcome letter....

31/10/2013 - Filed I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485 with National Benefits Center

04/11/2013 - Notice of Action receipt

07/11/2013 - Notice of Biometrics appointment for 22/11/2013

22/11/2013 - Fingerprints taken

23/12/2013 - we received the Combo card advance parole & EAD

02/01/2014 - Notice for AOS interview for 05/02/2014

05/02/2014 - Interview date - given a "reason for continuance"

9/02/2014 - Welcome letter

10/02/2014 - Received Green card in the mail!!

dancin5hr.gifheart.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Duplicate threads merged. Please post on one topic just once.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hi guys I got interview today . We answer all good. And she kept my pics,banks statement,auto insurance, income tax.and letter from rent. And she gave us letter. Saying YOUR CASE IS BEING  HELD FOR REVIEW. USCIS DOESN'T REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION OR DOCUMENT FROM YOU. SHOULD FURTHER INFORMATION  OR DOCUMENT BE REQUIRED, YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTICE IN THE MAIL. WE MAY ALSO SCHEDULE FOR ANOTHER INTERVIEW ,YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTICE IN THE MAIL. OTHERWISE, A FINAL DECISION WILL BE MAILED ONCE YOUR CASE IS COMPLETE..if some one goy this pls let us know what happened.. helpppppp?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.