Trisha89

Which Senator's are helpfull which are useless??Please help! K1: TODAY 6 MONTHS WAITING FOR NOA2

74 posts in this topic

The reason you were denied entry that one time was because of the short time you spent back in Germany. They believed you had immigrant intent when you flew back to the US on the VWP. Basically, you were "living" in America and "visiting" Germany when it should have been the other way round.

Having perceived immigrant intent on a VWP entry wouldn't affect a K1 at any stage. I don't think you will know why you're being held up right now. After so long, I think you can request an expedite due to waiting way beyond their posted processing times.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Okay so i completely understand what u are into right now . We all know that there is some people get approved in short time and they have no Good Evidence of reference but still getting approved in short time . That's just ridiculous and stupid . BUT as one guy i used to know said "It's all about luck" they don't care about how clean u are or what did u do in life or anything . Of course of all us here and "i'm sure are clean and have clean criminal history" and have relationship for a year or more or anything . in the other hand there are people who just send a "K1" with one trip and getting approved over people been in relationship for years or months .... There is no other explanation than "luck"

It is very sad to be away from the one you love . And i'm gonna tell u smth . we been in relationship sense October,2012 with serval trips and got married and submit our file

In the normal view . We should get approved quickly bcz were both clean no criminal history none of us were married before a year and half relationship, letter from freinds, familly ...............

But who cares , This is life .. If u are lucky u don't need all these evidences , if ur not u gonna struggle just to be next the one u love :D , sorry that i make it so long , i'm just missing my wife terribly .

Thank you very much! We are a couple since october 2012 too ;-)! And know us since July 18th, 2012.

I agree with what you say, that it is a thing of luck too! Very much january and december fillers have been lucky then the last few weeks (that's what igor's List is showing me for TSC)

We are wiaitng some more and we are going to see what's going to happend. I wish you both all of luck too that y'all get approved asap and y'all can be together again :)

The reason you were denied entry that one time was because of the short time you spent back in Germany. They believed you had immigrant intent when you flew back to the US on the VWP. Basically, you were "living" in America and "visiting" Germany when it should have been the other way round.

Having perceived immigrant intent on a VWP entry wouldn't affect a K1 at any stage. I don't think you will know why you're being held up right now. After so long, I think you can request an expedite due to waiting way beyond their posted processing times.

Yes that maybe could be really the reason! You know I was so nervous when I was sitting there I don't even remember all this questions they asked me there in this 4 hours, it was onl horrible and I was really scared because I don't know what they are going to do with me..... Even when I will get my visa, can you imagine how much self confidence it will go

Going to cost me to go back to one of these officers and show them my passport and tell them I'm here on a K1 Visa? I am crying really often because of this what happend and I hope so much that my fiance is going to be with me when I have to go to the officer....

Edited by Trisha89

K1

09 August 2013 - Mailed I-129F

12 August 2013 - TSC receipt Date NOA1

18 August 2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09 October 2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

23 January 2014 - Orderd Service Request

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

24 February 2014 - Medical Appointment - passed the medical :-)

03 March 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

10 March 2014 - Case arrived at the Consulate...

15 March 2014 - Received Packet 3 // Sent Packet 3 off same day

22 March 2014 - Received Packet 4 - Interview on March 28, 2014

28 March 2014 - Interview appointment RESULT: Approved :-)))

02 April 2014 - Visa On Hand! :-)

06 April 2014 - Finally being with my Love <3 :)

20 June 2014 - Marriage <3, Key West, Florida

AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Ok so people that wait one or two months they can do or what?! Sorry ridiculous! I don't try to fight against you, but you are telling me u cancelled the i-129f? After 8 months? Or how was it going then with your I-130?

Or did u waited 8 months for the I-130? I think just because you waited two more months as we did right now you can't lean back that much out of the window! It is really a hard process enough already and people like you just try to make it look easy but IT'S NOT! And normally all people who can think will feel the same about this!

Ok, so you've probably already done this, but I didn't see it anywhere, so just double checking...

Since 5 months is the stated "normal processing time" on the USCIS website, and you are past that now, has your fiance called, asked to speak to a tier 2 officer, asked them what's the deal, and requested to raise a service request? He will need to be the one to make that call, not you. Sample wording for the request - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300553-service-request-for-i-129f-easier-than-expected/

To answer your original question - it's unlikely that a senator from a different state would help you.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Ok, so you've probably already done this, but I didn't see it anywhere, so just double checking...

Since 5 months is the stated "normal processing time" on the USCIS website, and you are past that now, has your fiance called, asked to speak to a tier 2 officer, asked them what's the deal, and requested to raise a service request? He will need to be the one to make that call, not you. Sample wording for the request - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300553-service-request-for-i-129f-easier-than-expected/

To answer your original question - it's unlikely that a senator from a different state would help you.

Yes we already got a service request.... On january 23rd, 2014! They told us they actually work on august 16th, 2013 petitions! So they have passed our NOA1 date of august 12th, 2013! The response in short u can see in my signature!

K1

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Yes we already got a service request.... On january 23rd, 2014! They told us they actually work on august 16th, 2013 petitions! So they have passed our NOA1 date of august 12th, 2013! The response in short u can see in my signature!

Sorry, I have signatures turned off ;)

Okay, next step is to contact your senators, as you are doing. At the same time, look up the USCIS ombudsman (you can contact them 45 days after the normal processing times so you might have to wait a bit...not sure what your exact days are).

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Sorry, I have signatures turned off ;)

Okay, next step is to contact your senators, as you are doing. At the same time, look up the USCIS ombudsman (you can contact them 45 days after the normal processing times so you might have to wait a bit...not sure what your exact days are).

Yes ombudsman sounds like a good next option too,.... And we will going to ask for a supervisor too in the end of february 2014, if we didn't hear anything new from them by then. Thank you so much

K1

AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think I have ALL Reason to scream and complain! more as people that wait here one or two months and whine because of this!!

You had an I-130?????

You do have the right to complain and u do have the right to be angry. I know what ya going through and it's awful and I don't wish it on anyone. The worst thing about it is there is not a lot u can do about it and that's what depressed me the most. Have u tried a infopass? It's a face to face meeting with an USCIS office but your finance will have to do it as they only do them in the US?

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Timeline

If you would bother to have read my "About Me" for my full timeline this would have been cleared up.

You have absolutely no idea what I do to eventually go through to get our visa - ombudsman, service center directorate, a senator, a representative, a local field office, a foreign field office and two separate embassies, but yah know, I don't know anything about having a hard process. LOL!

I remember what it was like waiting at your point in the I-129F, I ended up moving to my husband's country to be with him and I think my dad had just died at that point, so I get it. I also get what it is like to be frustrated at USCIS because they really messed up our case. However, you might be upset that you didn't get extraordinarily lucky to get 2 months processing time (something people last year were dreaming of), but you are within the frame of normal for processing times over the last 5 years or so.

Relax, sit back, and it will happen.

I see now and we will still be waiting. Like you said you know too what all this here means and some even don't....

I'm just trying to see and to get more infos about whatelse we can do.... I don't want to miss any options and want to sit here in the end with the thought we didn't tried everything.... I'm sorry your case was having so much trouble and to hear what all was coming with it. We will wait definitley.

K1

AOS

event.png

Thank you very much! We are a couple since october 2012 too ;-)! And know us since July 18th, 2012.

I agree with what you say, that it is a thing of luck too! Very much january and december fillers have been lucky then the last few weeks (that's what igor's List is showing me for TSC)

We are wiaitng some more and we are going to see what's going to happend. I wish you both all of luck too that y'all get approved asap and y'all can be together again smile.png

Yes that maybe could be really the reason! You know I was so nervous when I was sitting there I don't even remember all this questions they asked me there in this 4 hours, it was onl horrible and I was really scared because I don't know what they are going to do with me..... Even when I will get my visa, can you imagine how much self confidence it will go

Going to cost me to go back to one of these officers and show them my passport and tell them I'm here on a K1 Visa? I am crying really often because of this what happend and I hope so much that my fiance is going to be with me when I have to go to the officer....

Oh hun, don't be scared :( please look at it this way: They denied you entry for perceived immigrant intent without the correct visa. When you go back on the K-1, you will have presumed immigrant intent WITH the correct visa. They would have to be completely wired up wrong in the head to deny a K-1 visa holder entry for immigrant intent :D

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

You do have the right to complain and u do have the right to be angry. I know what ya going through and it's awful and I don't wish it on anyone. The worst thing about it is there is not a lot u can do about it and that's what depressed me the most. Have u tried a infopass? It's a face to face meeting with an USCIS office but your finance will have to do it as they only do them in the US?

No Infopass appointment yet but it is on the list of "what can we do next" ;-)

Thank you and I agree with this waiting where you can't do anything but you want it so bad to do something!

I'm sitting on hot coals everyday...

K1

AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think having your fiancee make an infopass appt can really work in this case. At the same time, try to relax a little. The strength of your relationship will prevail all these difficulties.

No Infopass appointment yet but it is on the list of "what can we do next" ;-)

Thank you and I agree with this waiting where you can't do anything but you want it so bad to do something!

I'm sitting on hot coals everyday...

Ach mensch suesse...ich druecke Dir alle alle Daumen.

I really do hope that you will get an answer here really soon!

Keep your head up!!!

Edited by VickyP

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Ach mensch suesse...ich druecke Dir alle alle Daumen.

I really do hope that you will get an answer here really soon!

Keep your head up!!!

Danke Danke :) Wir hoffen auch es kommt jetzt bald und lässt nicht mehr lange auf sich warten Edited by Trisha89

K1

AOS

event.png

Danke Danke smile.png Wor hoffen auch es kommt jetzt bald und lässt nicht mehr lange auf sich warten

...und wenn nicht, sagst mir bescheid und ich haue denen eins auf die Nase ;)

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.