Adam&Noory

Service request for I-129f easier than expected

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st time posting on here and i just wanted to let you all know about my call to the USCIS today.

I have a receipt for my NOA1 I-129f petition for fiance' from CSC dated October 14, 2010 so today at 5 months and 2 days since the NOA1 i called the USCIS 1-800 number to see about my petition and put in a service request. From reading a lot of other VJ member's experiences of calling them i had anticipated i would either get put on hold for a long time or get some junk about how i was not actually out of the normal processing time or both. As it turned out neither of these were the case.

When i called and got the automated phone service i chose option #2 (check on status of case/report problem with case). It then gave me another list of options of which i chose "lost my receipt # and need to speak with customer service rep" which i did not actually lose but it was the only option to speak with someone. It instantly transfered me to a live person. The 1st thing i said was "Hi, i am calling because the USCIS website instructed me to call if my I-129f petition was outside the normal processing time and i would like to put in a service request". The woman on the other end was fairly nice and professional. She took all my information including my receipt # and asked me to wait a moment while she checked the status of my case. After about 2 minuites she said "Your petition is in fact out of the normal processing time so i will put in a request for service." She then gave me a confirmation # for the service request and told me that if i do not hear anything about my petition from them in 30 days to call back. I said thank you and that was it. I was polite and professional the entire time and never gave any type of sad story or complained about anything. It was very simple and straight forward and the whole call including the automated part only lasted about 10 minuites which is nice because even though it IS a 1-800 # i am currently out of the country with my fiance' so i get charged for the call. I may have just been lucky to have spoke with the right person or maybe it was the way i conducted myself during the conversation but either way i now have a service request in for my petition.

I hope this helps any of you that have called and not had any luck with a service request or anyone that is wondering if they should even bother to call them since there are so many people on here with bad experiences when calling. I just hope the service request actually produces some type of result very soon. Good luck to you all on your journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow.gif

Seeing that most have issues putting in a service request. I think it is because you quoted them and did exactly what they requested. Congratulations! You'll be hearing from them within the next couple of weeks.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

Thank you Joyjoy! Yes, the USCIS actually states on their website to call them if your petition is outside the normal processing time and then it tells you where to find those processing times which for CSC was 5 months.

Also, i only had to wait a few hours to get a response from CSC instead of a week or two. PETITION APPROVED!!!! I am currently with my Fiancee in Mauritius and we both are so happy to finally get some type of news. Luckily it was good news. I didn't find this site till after i filed my petition and i was VERY worried that i would get an RFE or be put in AP. I will discuss this in another thread because i want to explain in detail what my worries were and i do not think this is the proper thread for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations mate, ours has been in since September 23rd 2010 and still haven't heard a thing with the Vermont service centre.. i think i may be doing this service request seeing as though it worked for you and you filed after us, so jealous!! lucky you!! ours is also out of the 5 months, it will be 6 months for us next wednesday :(

event.png

Timeline

Congratulations mate, ours has been in since September 23rd 2010 and still haven't heard a thing with the Vermont service centre.. i think i may be doing this service request seeing as though it worked for you and you filed after us, so jealous!! lucky you!! ours is also out of the 5 months, it will be 6 months for us next wednesday :(

Thanks! And i am sorry to hear of your long wait. I would have been calling them weeks ago if i were you. I understand that VSC is going slower than CSC but you never know, if you get the right person on the phone you could have that NOA2 the next day. Its worth a try at least. This wait is truely unjustified and downright cruel to us in my opinion. Good luck to you and yours!!

Timeline

Hey

Yeh it is cruel to all of us who are waiting to be with our loved one, it even sucks more that i cant travel over there for a visit while we are waiting, we are going to give the service request a go, i know vermont is going a little slower then others and even heard of 6 months being its time line, which will be next wednesday for us, but still i guess it wont harm us to try to speed it up abit.. i wish you two all the best and happy sailing through the next process of the visa :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dave and Shannon...we have the same NOA1 date sept 23 for VSC I was able to place a service request on tuesday and we were told we would hear something in two weeks and to call back in 30 days if we didn't hear anything

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Timeline

Dave and Shannon...we have the same NOA1 date sept 23 for VSC I was able to place a service request on tuesday and we were told we would hear something in two weeks and to call back in 30 days if we didn't hear anything

Hey thats cool.. we called also today to put one in but they said they were up to September 11, so hopefully theres not alot in front of ours!! keep us updated when you get yours :) hopefully in the next week or so we should hear something

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.