23 posts in this topic

I'm ashamed to say but me thinks me been had. I should have known from the get go but love is blind. I met my ex online and we started talking. A year later we went through the 130 process and at the interview she was interrigated by the embassey staff for previously falsifying a tourist visa and it required a 601 waiver to get her here. She was ok till she told me she had gone to New Zealand and was looking for a man to marry so she could stay there on a previous trip.

Then she started getting moody, demanding a separation 2 times for me not being " romantic enough", and she progressively became more demanding. Actually downright cruel towards the end mentally and emotionally. She often times said that we should divorce, me marry her relatives just to come over here. Secondly she said that the niece we were trying to adopt was using me only for immigration benefits. Then she confidently talked with her friends out loud , in English, about how filipinas use Americans just to gain benefits. She also said that we should divorce and live together so she could get public assistance like her friends do. When questioned, she said she was only kidding. I suspect she was feeling me out.

Near the end she would do things that would provoke me to anger. I am in great physical pain and she would demand that we do this and do that, running everywhere and that she was "lost". She's been here 2 years and was wearing me down badly physically and mentally. What should I do?

We're divorcing now and I've refused to sign her i751 on these grounds. She tried baiting me by saying "you want to kill me don't you!" during a phone conversation recently.

Serious advice only, no jokers please!!

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

See this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/439326-reporting-fraud-to-uscis/

I think you better start protecting yourself asap, stay away from her, in case she is setting you up for domestic violence.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the I-751 not require your signature, there's a tickbox for 'divorced'.

Note this form changed, her coach probably not aware of it.

She can file on her own, but still must prove up the bonafides of a marriage done in good faith through physical paper evidence. She not have that? it's on her, not you, to handle it.

If you want to have some sideways input into her ROC casefile, use advanced search tool !!!

search terms = FDNS

member name = 'Darnell'

then click on 'display as posts'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Problem is I'll be stuck paying for her "life of riley" living on the government dole for 10 years......not very promising for someone taken by a fraudster.

Should I file fraud claims to block her from abusing the system?

• I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Smh..she's even bragging about it. From posts I've read it seems as though it is a very common fraud tactic amongst many people from the Philippines/Vietnam/China. Especially the part where they ask you to divorce them and marry a relative of them to come over also..or they threaten to divorce you if you don't file for a relative of there's to come over. Sorry about that mate..but I think you should start gathering evidence..I would personally use hidden cams listening devices around the house and do as much as I can to gather evidence of her implying she wants to commit visa fraud and afterwards give it to immigration after we divorce so they can haul her behind back home.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Problem is I'll be stuck paying for her "life of riley" living on the government dole for 10 years......not very promising for someone taken by a fraudster.

Should I file fraud claims to block her from abusing the system?

you can certainly try. read the stuff that I wrote, I've outlined the 'how'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm ashamed to say but me thinks me been had. I should have known from the get go but love is blind. I met my ex online and we started talking. A year later we went through the 130 process and at the interview she was interrigated by the embassey staff for previously falsifying a tourist visa and it required a 601 waiver to get her here. She was ok till she told me she had gone to New Zealand and was looking for a man to marry so she could stay there on a previous trip.

Then she started getting moody, demanding a separation 2 times for me not being " romantic enough", and she progressively became more demanding. Actually downright cruel towards the end mentally and emotionally. She often times said that we should divorce, me marry her relatives just to come over here. Secondly she said that the niece we were trying to adopt was using me only for immigration benefits. Then she confidently talked with her friends out loud , in English, about how filipinas use Americans just to gain benefits. She also said that we should divorce and live together so she could get public assistance like her friends do. When questioned, she said she was only kidding. I suspect she was feeling me out.

Near the end she would do things that would provoke me to anger. I am in great physical pain and she would demand that we do this and do that, running everywhere and that she was "lost". She's been here 2 years and was wearing me down badly physically and mentally. What should I do?

We're divorcing now and I've refused to sign her i751 on these grounds. She tried baiting me by saying "you want to kill me don't you!" during a phone conversation recently.

Serious advice only, no jokers please!!

Smh..she's even bragging about it. From posts I've read it seems as though it is a very common fraud tactic amongst many people from the Philippines/Vietnam/China. Especially the part where they ask you to divorce them and marry a relative of them to come over also..or they threaten to divorce you if you don't file for a relative of there's to come over. Sorry about that mate..but I think you should start gathering evidence..I would personally use hidden cams listening devices around the house and do as much as I can to gather evidence of her implying she wants to commit visa fraud and afterwards give it to immigration after we divorce so they can haul her behind back home.

I'm sorry to hear that calibob. It is very sad to hear that there are people who hurt and take advantage of other people specially when knowing that some are from my home country. Maybe she's just undergoing some problems herself or she's confused but anyway I do hope and pray that this doesn't make it seem that all Filipinas are like that and I do hope and pray also that everything works well for you in the end. Stay strong! ☺️

Ps: i'm pretty sure there's an answer for your case. ROC is implemeted for that reason. For me, it's like another stage, like a test of time to bona fide your marriage after you get the first series of paperwork done and approved. If ever there's any visa fraud intentions and your spouse got away with it the first time, with ROC, you can still do something. Her asking for a divorce and separation are strong grounds for you not to sign her ROC.

--------------------------- AOS Timeline --------------------------

[01-22-2014] Sent AOS package + EAD + AP by FedEx

[01-27-2014] [Day 01] Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

[01-29-2014] [Day 03] Received email and text of acceptance confirmation

[02-01-2014] [Day 06] Received NOA1 in the mail

[02-14-2014] [Day 19] Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 03-04-2014

[03-04-2014] [Day 37] Biometrics

[03-11-2014] [Day 44] AOS status changed to 'Testing and Interview'

[04-04-2014] [Day 68] EAD status changed to 'Card/Document Production' + AP approved

[04-14-2014] [Day 78] EAD/AP on hand

And what's next is yet to come! Please pray for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

you can certainly try. read the stuff that I wrote, I've outlined the 'how'.

Darnell, could you provide a link to this "How"? Since all this started my mind is swiss cheese.

• I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Divorce her , anyway,don't let she use you to take a US citizenship card , record her abuse behavior to show to court. when she is trying make you angry, you just leave home for some hour till you feel better, tell the neighbour about her crazy behavior and why you are leaving home for some hours, may be some day you need your neighbour help for court , call the police when she is acting like abuse person.

Find a lawyer to keep you from more harm.

GOD will save you from this kind devils.

Edited by Me_Theo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

God this annoys me no wonder our journeys take ages when there people like your ex wife being a using tool makes me sick get back to her own country

Darnell, could you provide a link to this "How"? Since all this started my mind is swiss cheese.

Up at the top, where the bar says Home, Forums, Portals, Guides etc ... to the right is a Search box. Type in FDNS "Darnell". This will bring up a link of articles that explain how to go about reporting actual, suspected or potential fraud.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/439326-reporting-fraud-to-uscis/

Edited by Brit Abroad

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If she doesn't have her green card yet, I'd say get on a plane with her, telling her you two are going to get more of her family to bring over, give her a little of the ol' razzle dazzle at the airport and get back on a plane without her.

But looking at the timeline, I'm led to believe she already has it. Unfortunate.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Do as Darnell suggest and report her. If you can gather evidence all the better.

You are divorcing, there is no reason for you to ever see her or speak to her outside of Court. Heed this advise. Although she can remove conditions without you sounds like she doesn't know that and is baiting you for domestic violence. Don't fall for it as it could have consequences for you. Don't talk to her, don't see her, have nothing to do with her. I have been divorced more than 15 years from my ex and I have spoken to him once outside of court since then and it was by accident when I called to speak to my children. He has tried baiting me during exchanges and when I failed to fall for it he just made up stuff that I supposedly said. The best policy is to not speak at all and make it know to everyone you do not even say HI to her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.