Monalisa22

USC I130 Petitioners Should file a Class Action Lawsuit against the Obama Administration

88 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just read this whole thread and I think I'm not the only one here who is extremely pissed off about this situation. I'm not going to blame Obama or the illegals, the only people that are to blame here is the upper management of the USCIS. Anyways, the point of this post is not to argue who is to blame, I want to know what I can do to complain about this. I'm a USC and I filed the I-130 for my wife almost 8 months ago(no NOA2 yet) and I know there are people who have been waiting much longer. I don't think it is right that we have to wait more than 12 months for our family members to be able to enter the US. We have to be able to do something!! What can we do? Complain to our senators and congressmen? What else? I'm really pissed off and I want somebody to pay for the pain and suffering I'm having to go through because of USCIS uppermanagement incompetence!

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)

NOA-1 07/10/2013
Transfer Notice to NSC 01/02/2014
NOA-2 03/11/2014

Package arrives at NVC 03/25/2014

NVC Case # Assigned

Unfortunately, not much. Folks periodically attempt to start petitions of that nature on here, but I've yet to see one gain much steam. Amongst ourselves, we know how difficult and violating the process can be, but getting people to agree on what should be changed is nigh impossible. I personally don't think a government bureaucracy has any right to pry into my personal life beyond legal proof that I am married and that my husband is not a known criminal, or force me to choose between completely changing my lifestyle or being apart from my spouse. However, a fair number of the people on here are in the "privilege" camp, and think the process is firm but fair, or at the very least necessary to prevent fraud.

General public awareness of the legal immigration process is pretty much nil. In fact, I was just talking with PantomimeGander about how many people we encountered in real life during our wait who successfully defrauded the system (came with the intention of getting married and just stayed), while being blissfully unaware that they were doing anything wrong. We also encountered a few in green card marriage situations who had no problems with faking the process, and acted like it wasn't even a big deal. People who want to change the immigration laws want to do it for poor kids they envision walking across the desert, not for us. The rest think of those spectral urchins (and maybe the jerks we met who are already getting away with it anyway), and don't want to hear a thing about making any kind of immigration easier.

You'd have to change a lot of minds before you'd change any procedures.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

However, a fair number of the people on here are in the "privilege" camp, and think the process is firm but fair, or at the very least necessary to prevent fraud.

Translation: A fair number of people in here had easy, quick "Visa Journey's" so now they act like complete morons and belittle and deny the suffering of others who are going through a much, much harder process then they ever faced. Now it's fixed.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Translation: A fair number of people in here had easy, quick "Visa Journey's" so now they act like complete morons and belittle and deny the suffering of others who are going through a much, much harder process then they ever faced. Now it's fixed.

Really? A fair number of people here made different choices than you did.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Really? A fair number of people here made different choices than you did.

Like what? Choosing to wait to come to the US to get married? That didn't help many of the people who applied for a K-1 visa back in 2012 and waited almost 2 years for that to go through!

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

It sure didn't. But it's utterly pointless to bash away at anyone else who seems to be moving quicker than any individual petitioner or visa type group of petitioners. I see a lot of that here lately, and a lot of pointless flailing away at other nationalities. People compare apples to oranges, and then get angry when the maths don't add up.

Waiting is painful. We all get that. Does blaming dream acters, or K1's, or perceived countries high in fraud, or posting vitriol aimed at USCIS actually ever change a thing? Really?

All it ever seems to achieve is setting groups of people against each other.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Waiting is painful. We all get that. Does blaming dream acters, or K1's, or perceived countries high in fraud, or posting vitriol aimed at USCIS actually ever change a thing? Really?

This is what I'm getting at. Together we're a big voting block. If we could agree that we wanted to inspire lawmakers to change some of those things, and made enough noise about it, I suspect we could.

I would say it's a complex problem, with fraud, USCIS inefficiency, and conflicting immigration law all contributing to the current state of affairs. For reasons I will never understand, a lot of people who go through it just don't see it as a real problem, or a system with inefficiencies that could be fixed.

A society grows great when old men plant trees, whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
House GOP passes immigration bill to dismantle DACA and to sue Obama administration.

DOA in the Senate. They've also tried more than 50 times to repeal the ACA. Excuse me if I don't see their passage of this particular bill to be all that impressive. It's going to go no where, and accomplishes nothing. They're using DACA as a weapon against the president because they hate the president. And it's going to go no where.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

DOA in the Senate. They've also tried more than 50 times to repeal the ACA. Excuse me if I don't see their passage of this particular bill to be all that impressive. It's going to go no where, and accomplishes nothing. They're using DACA as a weapon against the president because they hate the president. And it's going to go no where.

Absolutely.

Because anybody who is a republican is an idiot bible thumping moron and they just hate the first black president because RACISM YALL

Nobody really cares about enforcement of the law.

While you are at it - what other sweeping generalisations do you have to share about my party ?

What did your party do when they held the House ?

Name ONE of Nancy Pelosi's accomplishments.

Edited by gabeRao

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

What the heck kinda universe do you live to think that "dream acters" are legitimately stakeholders in this conversation ?

Who gave them a seat at the table ?

Barack Hussein Obama ?

Really ?

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Did the lawsuit happen?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.