tuck4x4

Married yesterday on K1, now my new wife wants to leave to go back home.

149 posts in this topic

Would you mind if i comment and give you an idea about this? Actually this kind of problem is not suppose to be posted on here, but what your suppose to do is talk to her privately both of you heart to heart... Tell her what u feel about her, about that all what your relationship went thru. And now your together at last and this is it. Tell her you love her, we love being told over and over again that we are loved. We need that coz we miss our families we need love and your care. So try and do that, and tell her you gonna everything u can to help her. Give her pc to do something all day or maybe nail polishes to enjoy paint her nails or anything that she likes to do, ask her what she wants to do and ur willingto help her get busy. And that again u love her.

If all of this doesnt work? Better get ready to be heartbroken. Coz she clearly doesnt know yet what she wants to do. Send her home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't logged on to VJ for a week now.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im still here, just very busy at work and trying to make everything happen.

Precious11, she has a laptop, Ipad and cell phone. She even knows people here, she just refuses to do anything. Id say that we are on a cycle of about 2 good weeks, 2 bad days. Right now is another bad day.

Yesterday morning she was telling me that we needed to get tattoos for each other. I came home that evening to find her furious and saying that I control her because I no longer share my bank account information with her. I stopped that after the first or second "Im leaving" fight.

She is either 100% happy, or 100% angry, there is no ground in between. If I try and talk to her about these issues on a good day, then she says do what you want, I dont care. I love you because of how you take care of me. If we talk about it on a bad day, its all "you dont do anything for me, I am stuck here with nothing to do, I dont even know how much money we have".

Until Im certain she is committed to making our marriage work, I dont think its a good idea to share 100% of everything.

EDIT: let me reiterate. Most days of the month she is very loving. Im starting to look up personality disorders in wikipedia now....

Edited by tuck4x4

Timeline

EDIT: let me reiterate. Most days of the month she is very loving. Im starting to look up personality disorders in wikipedia now....

Type B cluster.

The problem is separating what is going on with the relocation vs. what has always been there. You really need 100% honesty and cooperation in order to get to the bottom of it. There are self-administered tests you can do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Precious11, she has a laptop, Ipad and cell phone. She even knows people here, she just refuses to do anything. Id say that we are on a cycle of about 2 good weeks, 2 bad days. Right now is another bad day.

Yesterday morning she was telling me that we needed to get tattoos for each other. I came home that evening to find her furious and saying that I control her because I no longer share my bank account information with her. I stopped that after the first or second "Im leaving" fight.

She is either 100% happy, or 100% angry, there is no ground in between. If I try and talk to her about these issues on a good day, then she says do what you want, I dont care. I love you because of how you take care of me. If we talk about it on a bad day, its all "you dont do anything for me, I am stuck here with nothing to do, I dont even know how much money we have".

Until Im certain she is committed to making our marriage work, I dont think its a good idea to share 100% of everything.

I'd keep a tight hold on that money, lest it find itself Western Unioned back to the Philippines.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Sounds to me that this has been her decision long before you got married, and

after she got married she wants to move back and not get divorced. I believe

that she only wants to stay married because she would require you to support

her while she is living in the philippines. This is a bad situation, what every you

do dont send in the AOS thinking things will change. Personally I would let

her move back and then file for a divorce while she is in the phils not in the

states. If she dont want to live here in the states or with you, its obvious you

and you will never get her back her again. And really who would want to

go through the I-130 Process thinking thinking things will change the next

time around. I for one have older childeren and I gave up lots of relationships

and job promotions to be with my kids when they were growing up. I don't

regret any of it. They come first, I come second. Also, if you send in an

affidavit of support you will be bound for it for 10 years...possibly.

Good luck..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Maybe some characteristics of personality disorder, but I'm leaning towards Bipolar Disorder at this point.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline

... dude ... textbook bipolar ... get her to see a doctor ... the condition can be treated

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Now 3 months after our wedding and shes been here 6 months.

Im finally done trying. for every 2 great days, there are 2 days of hell. She goes from dancing, talking, singing, hugging, kissing, to not talking to me in minutes. And the silent treatment lasts days.

At this point, we're not consummating much of anything. She uses this against me, but I am just too stressed out to ever be in the mood.

I don't see this changing.

I told her today that I'd give her two days to consider everything. The two of us divorcing and never speaking again, her moving back home, etc. I asked her if she loves me, and her answer is, "If it gets me home".

I'm so done. I'm cooked, turn me over. This has been a hellacious 5 year journey that I would never reccomend anyone ever going through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry, it does sound like it is time to give up.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Now 3 months after our wedding and shes been here 6 months.

Im finally done trying. for every 2 great days, there are 2 days of hell. She goes from dancing, talking, singing, hugging, kissing, to not talking to me in minutes. And the silent treatment lasts days.

At this point, we're not consummating much of anything. She uses this against me, but I am just too stressed out to ever be in the mood.

I don't see this changing.

I told her today that I'd give her two days to consider everything. The two of us divorcing and never speaking again, her moving back home, etc. I asked her if she loves me, and her answer is, "If it gets me home".

I'm so done. I'm cooked, turn me over. This has been a hellacious 5 year journey that I would never reccomend anyone ever going through.

I'm so sorry its gone this way for you. I understand though, my wife had a heck of a time adjusting and being away from home. Sounds like its not possible for your wife. She wants to be home too badly it seems. Some people are not made for this stuff, unfortunately in this case you didn't find out until she was already here.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

• 2 years later...
Timeline

doug/sherry, just curious why you say its best to let them go back to the philippines, then get divorced. 

"Sounds to me that this has been her decision long before you got married, and

after she got married she wants to move back and not get divorced. I believe

that she only wants to stay married because she would require you to support

her while she is living in the philippines. This is a bad situation, what every you

do dont send in the AOS thinking things will change. Personally I would let

her move back and then file for a divorce while she is in the phils not in the

states. If she dont want to live here in the states or with you, its obvious you

and you will never get her back her again. And really who would want to

go through the I-130 Process thinking thinking things will change the next

time around. I for one have older childeren and I gave up lots of relationships

and job promotions to be with my kids when they were growing up. I don't

regret any of it. They come first, I come second. Also, if you send in an

affidavit of support you will be bound for it for 10 years...possibly.

Good luck."  

Why wouldn't one get divorced here in the USA, and then send her back home? Advantages or disadvantages?   .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Edited by Aussielad

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** OLd zombie thread locked.  Please start your own thread for your own case/ questions. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.