AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tips

* Look at evidence of having met within the required 2 year period from the view of a third person. In other words 'I know it to be fact but will the adjudicator know from the evidence I have submitted'. Concentrate on providing strong overall evidence to support the fact, as opposed to an abundance of relationship evidence. Distinguish between the two.

* No gaps or overlaps on timeframes for residences and employment questions for past x amount of years on the G-325A

eg

October 2005 to Present

December 2004 to October 2005

March 2004 to December 2004

June 2003 to March 2004

and so on...

Do you know what we should write if we weren't employed for a few months?

Is "job seeking" or "student" acceptable?

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Guys pls help me

Do you reply RFE with registered mail? I fiance thought its a PO box so he just sent by using first class stamp.

[ We only send back a paper we didnt check boxes ]

Will we get notice when checking case status that they get it ?

Thanks!

Fonn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

dangit, we just got an email for a RFE today and dont know what it is im guessing until we receive the RFE, is there any way i can see what they want now?

it took exactly 1 month from the day they sent me the NOA1 to the RFE so i looks like my case is moving along nicely

Filed: Timeline

dangit, we just got an email for a RFE today and dont know what it is im guessing until we receive the RFE, is there any way i can see what they want now?

it took exactly 1 month from the day they sent me the NOA1 to the RFE so i looks like my case is moving along nicely

Same thing here, and looks like your through CSC too... So we are in the same boat man/woman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on March 29 (2015) so our K-1 application has been with USCIS for 5 months. Would we have received an RFE by now if more information was needed? Can I assume things are probably OK if we haven't heard from them by now? Our application went to the black hole in Texas.

I guess it would be good to know how long after the NOA1 did all of you receive the RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on March 29 (2015) so our K-1 application has been with USCIS for 5 months. Would we have received an RFE by now if more information was needed? Can I assume things are probably OK if we haven't heard from them by now? Our application went to the black hole in Texas.

I guess it would be good to know how long after the NOA1 did all of you receive the RFE.

Jess... TSC is a whole different animal, and while pretty much all of the March filers at CSC have been processed and most even have visas in hand, sadly less than 10% of March at TSC has been "touched" yet. So chances are, they won't even pick up your application for another few weeks. Hang in there, I know waiting sucks! I think I may have made a minor mistake on my app so I am praying I don't receive an RFE after waiting almost 6 months already!

Our K-1 journey:

3/2/2015- Petition sent Fedex overnight

3/3/2015- Petition received (NOA1 according to USCIS website)

3/5/2015- Paper NOA1 notice date

9/1/2015- NOA2!! (182 days)

9/4/2015- sent to NVC

9/17/2015- finally got through to NVC and case number assigned

9/24/2015-Status changed to "in transit"

9/29/2015-Dublin Embassy Received

9/29/2015-Packet 3 Received

10/7/2015- Medical scheduled

10/7/2015- Packet 3/readiness sent (Dublin Embassy needs medical complete before readiness is sent)

10/8/2015- Interview scheduled for Oct 29

10/29/2015- Interview, approved! (241 days)

11/9/2015- Visa in hand

12/30/2015- Planned US entry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Jess... TSC is a whole different animal, and while pretty much all of the March filers at CSC have been processed and most even have visas in hand, sadly less than 10% of March at TSC has been "touched" yet. So chances are, they won't even pick up your application for another few weeks. Hang in there, I know waiting sucks! I think I may have made a minor mistake on my app so I am praying I don't receive an RFE after waiting almost 6 months already!

Oh that's good to know! I assumed they were already working on our visa!! I guess I should have known better. :) I know TSC takes a really long time. Sorry you have waited 6 months already too. I hope they don't ask you for anything more as of course it would slow down the process for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Don't worry I didn't receive mine till like the 18th day. There are only 2 options. You either drive yourself crazy being anxious or stay calm. The letter will arrive when it will.

our RFE was sent out on August 11 apparently, and we still haven't gotten it. We also haven't received a hard copy of our NOA1 in the mail. I am a little freaked out now

And no I don't drive Uber.

Our NOA1 date is March 12, 2015 and I just received notice that I've been sent an RFE today, first thing I've even heard regarding our application since we got the NOA1. I'm just glad someone has touched our application!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i need help. Im aug 2015 filer.(k1 visa) We received an rfe requesting on how we met and if the site falls under imbra act. Me and my fiance met at filipino cupid. We emailed them but we didnt get any revelant response. Do you have an information on what is necessary or what other applicants with same issue submitted. Any help would be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.