AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck! What did they ask for?

Thank you! I can't believe I forgot to include what it was for! They pointed out that he had written the dates on our photos in the wrong format which was mildly annoying but everything must be by the book! As well, they asked for confirmation that we have met in person in the past 2 years. He wrote a letter as per their suggestion, attached hotel receipts and bank statements, as well as our passport identification pages with stamps from our trips, and our itineraries (they said the name wasn't clearly visible in the original submission).

Just that? Nothing else? Did you send in the RFE? What did you submit? Did you get a response yet?

Just that? Nothing else? Did you send in the RFE? What did you submit? Did you get a response yet?

Yes...I forgot to answer Questions 34b.So I wrote a letter and explained how we met. Just mailed it in yesterday. Hopefully it gets approved very soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We received an RFE for an unsigned certificate of translation. Accidently, used a copy from an email rather than a signed copy.

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 Case # and IIN from NVC by phone

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/2 AOS bill paid (status in progress)

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/7 AOS & IV packet mailed

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/9 Packets received at NVC (tracking)

10/9 Reviewed DS-261 on phone

10/13 Rec'vd IV bill email

10/13 Paid IV bill (status in progress)

10/14 Rec'd email scan date 10/9

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

12/2 Interview scheduled January 4

After submitting your RFE info will the USCIS "check my case status" thing update when they've made a decision or will it only come in the mail?

It will update and you will also get a hard copy of your NOA2.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone had an RFE for not photocopying both sides of the USC's birth certificate? The day after we mailed out I-129F package out, I realized that I had only photocopied the side with all the information on it.... the other side is completely blank...

Will they bother with an RFE considering there is nothing written on the back of the birth certificate? I'm sort of freaking out, because it was such a silly mistake... but it's beyond my hands now. :/

October 2007 - Met in school

December 14/2007 - Started dating

~ 2 to 4 visits a year between Canada & USA ~

Sept 10/2015 - Engaged! (FINALLY!) :wub:

K1 Fiancee Visa Journey!

Sept 15/2015 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS Lewisville, TX Lockbox via FedEx from California

Sept 17/2015 - FedEx confirmed delivery at Lockbox/ USCIS confirms receipt via website

Sept 22/2015 - NOA1: USCIS Email stating receipt of I-129F package

Oct 22/2015 - NOA2: Confirmation via Case Tracker APP

Oct 26/2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy in the mail!

Nov 25/2015 - Package 3 in the mail

Nov 27/2015 - Package 3 emailed to Vancouver Consulate

Lost the dates... but Package 4 came and went.

No issues!

Feb 26/2016 - Medical @ Dr. Cheema's office in Vancouver

Mar 1/2016 - K1 Interview @ Vancouver Consular Generals Office - Approved!

Mar 28/2016 - POE!

May 28/2016 - Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

no. i didn't copy the back of mine.

Has anyone had an RFE for not photocopying both sides of the USC's birth certificate? The day after we mailed out I-129F package out, I realized that I had only photocopied the side with all the information on it.... the other side is completely blank...

Will they bother with an RFE considering there is nothing written on the back of the birth certificate? I'm sort of freaking out, because it was such a silly mistake... but it's beyond my hands now. :/

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

no. i didn't copy the back of mine.

Thanks for the reply! I found a forum discussion from 2014 on the topic, but wasn't sure if anyone had any more knowledge to add. I'm hoping that is the only minor "blip" in the package we sent. *Fingers crossed!*

October 2007 - Met in school

December 14/2007 - Started dating

~ 2 to 4 visits a year between Canada & USA ~

Sept 10/2015 - Engaged! (FINALLY!) :wub:

K1 Fiancee Visa Journey!

Sept 15/2015 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS Lewisville, TX Lockbox via FedEx from California

Sept 17/2015 - FedEx confirmed delivery at Lockbox/ USCIS confirms receipt via website

Sept 22/2015 - NOA1: USCIS Email stating receipt of I-129F package

Oct 22/2015 - NOA2: Confirmation via Case Tracker APP

Oct 26/2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy in the mail!

Nov 25/2015 - Package 3 in the mail

Nov 27/2015 - Package 3 emailed to Vancouver Consulate

Lost the dates... but Package 4 came and went.

No issues!

Feb 26/2016 - Medical @ Dr. Cheema's office in Vancouver

Mar 1/2016 - K1 Interview @ Vancouver Consular Generals Office - Approved!

Mar 28/2016 - POE!

May 28/2016 - Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you! I can't believe I forgot to include what it was for! They pointed out that he had written the dates on our photos in the wrong format which was mildly annoying but everything must be by the book! As well, they asked for confirmation that we have met in person in the past 2 years. He wrote a letter as per their suggestion, attached hotel receipts and bank statements, as well as our passport identification pages with stamps from our trips, and our itineraries (they said the name wasn't clearly visible in the original submission).

What format had you written in? I wrote the dates on mine as "21st July 2015" etc - is this wrong?

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

Hi Everybody, everyone here had Fiance K1, does anybody had IR-1 visa who got an RFE? We had RFE , we just want to know how long does it take for them to let us know the process? We really need some answers, Thank you in advance...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.